Mrtreble, if I may ask, did you follow through with buying the UTG Quad rail (or the KJW)? I only ask as I wish to know how well it installed. It does not come with a delta ring and so I didnt know if beacuse it fit a Milspec delta ring, if it fit the gun. Please do let me know.

Edited by Kai_Wolf
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Sounds good. Now just to clearify, the rail will theoretically fit the KJ beacuse it is meant for MILSPEC, or will I have to buy a new lug Will the included lug work?

My brother owns this RIS rail, it theoretically should fit. If the Delta Ring has the sharp teeth, then the RIS rail sits on top of it while the part that is pushed to release the original fore grip pushes against the RIS. The RIS rail has around 4 to 6 screws at either end that make it REALLY tight. I'll stop by my brothers sometime soon here and take some pictures of it for you guys. It is on an AEG, but a CA barrel assembly. (Classic Army makes there front barrel assembly MILSPEC right?)

Still waiting for parts from KJW (through Raven1). Ive been making a new chromoly BCG for the WA system this week. However, as soon as I have what I need in hand Ill put that on the back burner. Shouldnt take me more than an afternoon to make the parts and see if they work.

Yo T!

Parts came in today, give me a call and let me know when you want me to bring this by.

Guys, t_hum is a competent machinist and should have something working before the weekend and we'll report back the results. Sit tight as good things are coming,,,

Guys,

As posted earlier the gun is very new and after market support is already on its way.

What we do know:

KJW is making the 'Export' guns

TK is making the 'Domestic' guns for Japan / Taiwan

Again this is due to the legal and safety regulations imposed by the Japanese government.

BE aware that parts should interchange from that of the TK directly onto the KJW. It is not the Japanese way to throw away years of hard work and start again from scratch this late in development. So we early adopters will not be left out in the cold to buy all new guns. Personally I'm looking forward to purchasing the TK NPAS System and just dropping it into my gun and keep rawkin on. That way I will quickly switch from open field to CQB in an instant.

Although I am sad to hear from Airsoft EU that the Original ship date from the end of next month (end of October 2009) has been pushed back to Mid March 2010. How Ever - these things change and as of right now I'm not to sure how accurate the ship date is as some are reporting that pre-orders are now being placed. Matching that of the original Oct 2009 release date. I will personally investigate further myself and report back my findings as soon as I have something to report. Again, a huge benefit I have in having a Japanese girl for a wife!

Good things are coming people, so if you're on the fence and the lack of trades doesn't bother you so much, go out and get this gun.

As you all have seen from my pictures my gun is completely set up the way I want it. I am custom fabricating and ambi selector before the weekend is up and it will be as my LWRC 5.56 rifle - Finally a true accurate trainer to complement my real steel,,,

Edited by Raven1
So what can the NPAS system do for the gun regulate FPS?

Exactly that, allows for the end user to 'set' a desired FPS for what ever the field rules are.

Side note: Just hit the 'First Factory' website and they are taking Pre-Orders on the TK M4 and they are stating Mid-February of 2010.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...w.first-jp.com/

And the 'Series' will be named the "Life Toy Gun - 5 Minutes Before" and from what I gathered from the website Kobayashi-san seems extremely passionate about this series and has been dreaming of making this a reality since 1961.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...%25E3%2580%2582

He explains here,

http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/about5min.html

From what Kobayashi-san is communicating it seems he will not continue on and the series is to be his last.

It's a shame as his designs have always been top notch,,,,

Exactly that, allows for the end user to 'set' a desired FPS for what ever the field rules are.

Side note: Just hit the 'First Factory' website and they are taking Pre-Orders on the TK M4 and they are stating Mid-February of 2010.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...w.first-jp.com/

This isn't correct. I looked at the site just now and it's in the middle of October 2009. Few characteristics:

* TK Twist Barrel is said to be equipped by default

* real steel sized handguards

This isn't correct. I looked at the site just now and it's in the middle of October 2009. Few characteristics:

* TK Twist Barrel is said to be equipped by default

* real steel sized handguards

Sorry for the confusion, if you click on the link, on the left side in the products column listed with the 'Jolly Roger' patches it reads "Available mid-May 09" and then when you click on that link the first line in the description reads "Available in mid-February 2009 [10]"

This being the case then it appears the release is right on track which is great news!

I apologize for any confusion,,,

From what Kobayashi-san is communicating it seems he will not continue on and the series is to be his last.

Just like the VP70. I'm wondering if maybe he's using a phrase like "the ultimate gun" or something meaning how good it is and its getting translated wrong...

Has the non-serialized version of the KJW been upgraded internally at all where the cup seal and plunger are? Or is it the same as the first version? I know the buffer tube spring and other parts have been upgraded, but I am wondering about the parts that were have said to have failed before. Ultimately I want to know if I should wait for a newer version, or if it is safe and skirmishable to go ahead and buy the non serialized one. I also know I asked before, but is the buffer tube so different that a sling mount there cannot be placed? Or will one that works with WA be able to be put on?

Edited by Kai_Wolf
Has the non-serialized version of the KJW been upgraded internally at all where the cup seal and plunger are? Or is it the same as the first version? I know the buffer tube spring and other parts have been upgraded, but I am wondering about the parts that were have said to have failed before. Ultimately I want to know if I should wait for a newer version, or if it is safe and skirmishable to go ahead and buy the non serialized one. I also know I asked before, but is the buffer tube so different that a sling mount there cannot be placed? Or will one that works with WA be able to be put on?

From what my girl read on the website is the the fit and finish of the TK version is very high quality, comes equipped with real steel fore grips and the TK twist barrel. Again the TK version is for sale in the JDM and Taiwan.

Non serialized KJW version is for 'Export' sale and is good to go. So far there is no new information on when another newer version is to be released. Also no word officially yet about a TK NPAS for the gun. Maybe after market support is providing this? Can't say for sure other than what has been posted on airsoft EU.

Correct! The WA Sling attachments Will Not Work on KJW M4!

The buffer tube assembly and end plate is of completely different dimensions and design. Typically the end plate is what is replaced and is equipped with either a single point, dual point or swivel attachment points. The end plate on the TK design is different as it incorporates a raised beveled edge that provides tension on the outer cosmetic skin of the buffer tube assembly once the slotted end cap is fastened down tight.

The recommended fix is to utilize a sling attachment point that fits over the buffer tube and then clamps down onto the buffer tube; here's an example below,

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Tango-Down-...down%20pr-4.htm

http://dynamicarmament.com/items/ar15-acce...dpr4-detail.htm

Thanks again Raven! I feel a bit more confident in buying one as I have had bad experiences with the WE tech I owned. I hope this is worlds apart performance wise.

Also, If I may ask, has anyone used the clamp on design sling mounts on their guns yet? It isnt the buffer tube being a different size that is the problem right? It is just the plate in the back of the receiver? So those you linked should work for sure?

I found these. Would they likewise work?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defe...t-p/dd-5002.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Midwest-Ind...mctar-30-hd.htm

Edited by Kai_Wolf

Well, I feel I should stick something in here, as people have been misunderstanding stuff....

On the previous page there was a comment that the TK M4 would feature a negative pressure system.

Nowhere does it say that this is ADJUSTABLE. I would be VERY surprised if the japanese version of the gun had adjustable power. More likely, it's just a bog-standard Negative Pressure system. So stop saying it's coming with an NPAS, because, well, It's not....

Well, I feel I should stick something in here, as people have been misunderstanding stuff....

On the previous page there was a comment that the TK M4 would feature a negative pressure system.

Nowhere does it say that this is ADJUSTABLE. I would be VERY surprised if the japanese version of the gun had adjustable power. More likely, it's just a bog-standard Negative Pressure system. So stop saying it's coming with an NPAS, because, well, It's not....

I didn't notice that until you said that, but now that you did...you are most likely 100% right. Look at the tanaka bolt action sniper series. There is no pcs bolt system any more.

I dont mean to put more useless stuff in this thread, but I must ask in case I go and take the plunge. I have a question about backup sights. Now I know a rear backup sight can just be attached to the top rail, however when I owned my WE gbb, I tried installing a Dboys backup sight on the barrel (the front sight). It was this model.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/dboys-foldable-fr...ube-p-1026.html

It slide around the barrel, but did not line up with the holes. I dont know if this was beacuse it was a gbb barrel or not, but I thought I saw this kind (one of the two) on someone's gun on this thread.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/silhouette-barrel...ght-p-2002.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/marking-foldable-...ght-p-2134.html

Will these fit in place of the standard front sight? I know Raven said the barrel was just like an AEG one (aside from the slot that needs to be cut out), so I didnt know if I could use these to replace the stock static one. I of course plan to use the UTG rail, should these still work with the gun? Please let me know.

Now I know someone said MILSPEC stocks will fit with some play, but I was looking at this that I beleive is meant for an AEG. I bought one and it fit tight and well to my old WE gbb m4. Will this fit the KJ?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/vltorr-enhanced-c...emod-p-995.html

Thanks again guys. I just dont have the rifle in my hands so I cant tell these things.

Edited by Kai_Wolf