Okay, thanks. I will try getting those pretty soon. Is it better to get real steel parts or get chinese clones? And if chinese clones are good, what is the best place to get them?As for internals, am I correct to say the KJW functions great out of the box? It is a V2, so are there any parts I need to upgrade? I heard that V1 is better than V2. Also how much does the Cradle Velocity Reducer reduce the FPS?

Edited by Paul202
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

China clones are good enough for airsoft in my opinion but obviously real parts are more durable.

Plenty of places to get acm parts, try ebaybanned or acm gear.

You are correct the KJW is very good out the box the only mods I'd always get are a cradle reducer and the TDC mod.

You don't need to upgrade any parts but the V1 carrier is worthwhile if you can get one.

The cradle reducer will easily take the FPS to sub 1J on propane.

For the mags not locking are the switches fully up for the bolt catch? Also there is a mod for the later mags to build up the part that engages the catch.

The bolt catch is steel it is more likely the bolt that has wear is there is any.

Edited by weekenny

Weekenny, is it possible that lube on the bolt itself may cause the bolt catch to not lock?
I have not used it THAT much. I've racked it a lot and played around with using the bolt catch and what not but unit on whole is basically brand new :o.

I'l clean up the bolt and see if it catches bare.

Edit: I can work the bolt catch normally as it is. It seems like the bolt catch is barely holding on when the mag is empty when it does catch.
I will clean the bolt and BCG out at some point and test it again.

Edited by Shroker

If I want to put an RIS on an M4 what would be a good (and preferably cheap) way to do it? I think I will buy the gun at least by the end of the month, and I will try to buy some of the parts with it so I don't have to pay shipping.

The KJW M4 is compatible with AEG front sets, I haven't had a problem mounting G&P or Madbull rails to mine. Search through the thread for a lot of your questions have already been answered numerous times...

Buy the cqb one it comes with a RIS. Also the inner barrel is the same length on both the CQB and the long barrel version so you don't sacrifice accuracy going for the shorter one.

If I were to go that route would it then be possible to buy a longer outer and inner barrel?

Also, what is he best place to buy ACM Magpul products. Almost all of my money is going to the actually gun itself, and if I bought real PTS stuff then I would be broke.

Sorry for all of the questions, this is the first time I am going to own an M4-style rifle of GBBR for that matter.

Edited by Paul202

So I got a bolt lock but it seems to be a weak lock. Sometimes shaking the gun will cause it to slip and go into battery.
Also, on occasion when it does bolt lock, when i go to hit the bolt release. It doesn't seem holding onto much of the bolt.

What could cause this?

Manually locking the bolt seems fine.

I haven't done the test of cleaning it out yet. Just brain storming at the moment.

Okay, sorry for my bookish questions, but I need some help. I plan to buy this gun from UNCompany here:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25261

However, I am wondering what upgrades it will need and if it is possible to easily switch between different barrel and stock types. The first version of the gun I plan to make is like the one here:

vwSBK.png

However, I have a fairly long backyard that would be awesome for long range target shooting, so I would also like to make a DMR/Sniper build, kind of like the looks of an SR-25. Has anyone on these forums done that kind of thing? I plan to look through this thread, however it is over 250 pages and I have other things like school. If someone would be so kind, could they please tell me what I need to get to make a KJW M4 like the ones pictured above?

SR25 look?  Here is mine, I used parts from my G&G SR25, bought an new extra upper reciever, installed them together and here is my KJW Gbbr:

(please ignore the 20 round live mag, just for show wishing the weapon is real)

IMG_20120830_143055.jpg

Edited by Cj Radge

This would cause it.

Yeah; I remember reading about that somewhere in the back of the thread. Will look it up. Interesting how the new mags have the issue.

What makes me curious is wiht the mag in and the bolt lock activated. When I pull the charging handle back; it engages just fine. Is it because the bolt is cycling too fast? or lube/grease is getting in the way and the cycle is not coming back far enough. (it is still a bit cold here in Vancouver, BC. about 3C) but I had it work previously.

Edited by Shroker

^^^^^Woah, that's an awesome gun! Do you have a tightbore running the full length of the barrel and suppressor? And how mcuh did it cost, considering a G&G SR25 is ~$500.

I am this close to ordering an SR-25, but before I do I was wondering if anybody had one that their selling. I would hate to buy a new KJW M4 only to have another one pop up for sale at a better price days afterward.

Okay, I am proabably going to order a KJW M4 CQB tommorw. I am going to order one mag and an AFG. I would order ~4 extra mags however I haven't sold my GHK AK74M yet and I'm still waiting on funds. Here is Michigan it is pretty cold. Just to clarify, the gun can use propane with no leaking and can effectively operate in cold weather? I am trying to read throguh the whole thread, so far I'm on page 82. Can anybody point out good posts such as lubing guides and how to guides?

Just to clarify, the gun can use propane with no leaking and can effectively operate in cold weather? I am trying to read throguh the whole thread, so far I'm on page 82. Can anybody point out good posts such as lubing guides and how to guides?

Yes it works well on propane, I personally store the mags by emptying the propane and then add a quick squirt of green gas to leave in there while mags are stored.

I think t_hum wrote a guide for lubing.

If you search for my posts in the thread I did photo guides for the two different hop mods and one for fitting AEG outer barrels. I don't take any credit for thinking these mods up as I read about them here then wrote the posts.