Im not following. Any sort of stop in the charging handle would prevent the nozzle from moving freely rearwards. IMHO, the best way to limit travel of the loading nozzle in relation to the carrier is via a direct link between the two. This is what the rubber band does.

Have you guys seen many bands break? Im under the impression the bands dont typically see stress unless something keeps the loading nozzle stuck forward. But under normal shooting I dont think it ever sees any force. Sound right?

Shoot, I relooked at a bolt.

The piston would have block (anywhere on it, back of the metal carrier w/ piston, on the cylinder guide rod) that would never allow it to completely remove itself from the loading nozzle.

So like you said, I direct connection between the two instead of a rubber band, but if that part doesn't see any stress (like you and enjoi said) then its a waste of time.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I just got my 7 spare mags, Rifle, RIS and Sling mount today. I have to say, everything on this thread has been just as reliable as this gun has so far. I popped in a magazine after loading it and gassing it up and it gave a sharp snap to the recoil. I am very happy with what this gun has turned out to be. I have the non serialized version. The only issue I had starting out was the auto having a weird irregular pattern to its shot fire and then stopping in the middle of firing. I would cycle the gun by hand and finish the magazine. I opened the gun up and lubed here and there and put it back together. It seems to be fine now, shooting consistantly so far on auto and not misfiring. Overall, I am very happy. The UTG Free Float RIS went on like a dream, as did the DD EZ sling mount.

I am very happy with what this gun has turned out to be. I have the non serialized version. Overall, I am very happy. The UTG Free Float RIS went on like a dream, as did the DD EZ sling mount.

Nice!

People will see the light of day once they realize that owning a WA Design Gun is Like Renting a Stripper for A Girl Friend - Looks Sexxxy and Nasty - Looks Great Hanging Off Of You - But The Beotch Is Expensive and Won't Play With You Once Your Money Is Gone!!!

I just got my 7 spare mags, Rifle, RIS and Sling mount today. I have to say, everything on this thread has been just as reliable as this gun has so far. I popped in a magazine after loading it and gassing it up and it gave a sharp snap to the recoil. I am very happy with what this gun has turned out to be. I have the non serialized version. The only issue I had starting out was the auto having a weird irregular pattern to its shot fire and then stopping in the middle of firing. I would cycle the gun by hand and finish the magazine. I opened the gun up and lubed here and there and put it back together. It seems to be fine now, shooting consistantly so far on auto and not misfiring. Overall, I am very happy. The UTG Free Float RIS went on like a dream, as did the DD EZ sling mount.

Lets see some pictures.

Nice!

People will see the light of day once they realize that owning a WA Design Gun is Like Renting a Stripper for A Girl Friend - Looks Sexxxy and Nasty - Looks Great Hanging Off Of You - But The Beotch Is Expensive and Won't Play With You Once Your Money Is Gone!!!

Nice analogy =)

I just shot this baby on propane, and man, does it kick! I'm feeling dizzy now, not sure if it's b/c of the recoil, the propane fumes, or the fact that I haven't ate lunch today...

Kai_Wolf, how long did the thread convince you to buy the gun. It was a week for me. Before I read this thread, I wasn't even considering the KJ M4 simply because it was labled KJ. Now I can't praise it enough.

So you got the M4 too? =P share you thoughts.

For maintenance use 100% silicon oil. Whenever I take down my gun, I always wipe it down with a dry bounty papertowel. If you shoot your gun enough, the black paint on parts will wear and you should clean it off. I also use duster gas to blow away any dust or particles that are on the gun. After wiping down the parts, I put a drop or two of lube on moving parts such as the bolt carrier, and loading nozzle. A drop or two will go a long way, don't overdo it or you'll have oil going everywhere when you shoot. If there is too much, you can wipe some of the oil off.

The magazine, I put a drop of oil in the charging valve when I charge the mag with gas. Then I put a few drops on the top of the mag (the rubber opening).

Yes she's miiiine, and I'll post up my thoughts as soon as I use her this weekend!

Thanks for the quick care guide.

You're *fruitcage* kidding!

Speed=, I love you! You just made my day.

So seriously, nothing!? How about long term wear. And this may have been answered, but what does the black band do?

Also, is the outer barrel convertible? Or only one piece.

Edited by BrooklynBorn

Do you know that little spring in normal gas blow back chambers on gbb guns, that's what the rubber band is. It keeps the two components from completely spitting and so that they always fit together.

The outer barrel is an aeg outer barrel for the most part.

Buy any aeg outer barrel and do two "simple" cuts.

I've only read the thread and don't own the guns. Can't comment on how hard those cuts actually are for that reasson. Also can't comment on reliability myself.

Chime in if I'm wrong anyone.

Thanks.

I know about the AEG thing. I just want to know about the outer. If I can save money on the cutting, and work, and extra barrel, that'd be fantastic.

And can anyone attest to whether the MK18 RISII on EbayBanned will work on this?

Yes the MK18 RIS will fit, go back to page 8, post #148 and you'll see mine installed, it's the G&P but the dimensions are the same.

Buy it, install it, shoot it and forget about it, No Reliability Mods Needed!

Makes me kind of laugh, poor fellas been jilted by that 'Other' Evil Beotch you're all scared to roll up on the new hot Beotch and say'What's Up - Mind if I give ya a lil squeeze?'

Yes the MK18 RIS will fit, go back to page 8, post #148 and you'll see mine installed, it's the G&P but the dimensions are the same.

Buy it, install it, shoot it and forget about it, No Reliability Mods Needed!

Makes me kind of laugh, poor fellas been jilted by that 'Other' Evil Beotch you're all scared to roll up on the new hot Beotch and say'What's Up - Mind if I give ya a lil squeeze?'

Yes, because they "other" beotch has given us WE and WA owners a bad case of herpes. Stays forever.

Well, the barrel is my ONLY issue. Is it one-piece? Because I want a CQB length barrel, but I don't have those tools, and I don't want to cut anything open either.

I was bored yesterday so I went through youtube looking at vids on people reviewing their AGM and JG M4s. So much denial in those videoes.

It's a shame to see people buy those clones because for some of them, this is their first gas blowback gun. I mean, how are they going to trust buying any more gas guns when their first ones are ****? More for us I guess.

Oh I believe it, I just want to know if there's a one piece barrel... :/

Barrels are on the way, Laylax is bring one to market and there is another barrel already for sale on the Intruder shop as well. That one you can vary from carbine length 16" to CQB 10.5" barrel length. All metal, again the first barrel will be all one piece the 2nd is also all metal but 3 piece for different lengths,,,

Nice!

HAHAHAHAHA!

My M4 has finally been released from customs after 16 days, too late for my urban shoot tomorrow, but will have it chronoed and reviewed as well by next weekend. Hopefully the UK Border Agency didnt manage to break it but i'll see. I can happily claim to own a KJW M4 now.

Ouch man! Too bad you can't just go and pick up the package eh? Yeah let's hope that they did not break it. They open the airsoft guns up don't they?

You're *fruitcage* kidding!

Speed=, I love you! You just made my day.

So seriously, nothing!? How about long term wear. And this may have been answered, but what does the black band do?

Also, is the outer barrel convertible? Or only one piece.

On page 11 you will see the extent of wear that happened to Raven1's gun. It had a minor chip in the bolt mechanism; known to us as the "cup". The cup to an AEG user would be called a Cylinder, in this instance there was hardly any decrease in power; a little more on the gas consumption, but the gun is still shooting. I think he reached around 6,000 rounds so far. Amazing huh?

and T_HUM is making a replacement piston to remedy the piston's gasket issue, where the gasket on one side became torn off from the rest of the gasket. His testing should be under way sometime this weekend. His price for this full aluminum piston (Top Quality Aluminum that is...) will be around 80 to 90 dollars and will feature a system like an NPAS. Not exactly... due to obvious copyright infringements. ;)

Edited by stickyittoyou

I will have pictures up soon! I went for a skirmish yesterday, indoor fighting using .28's. It Chronos at 396.7 Consistently!!! I mean very consistently! I fired five times through the chrono and it stayed at that number each time! I dont know if that means anything, but the gas efficiency seems to be amazing! It seems that the gas discharge remains regular for a good portion of the magazine. I would say though that it is definitely shooting a bit hot unless you are at a good distance away. We just have to await that wonderful NPAS.

When I owned my WETTI m4, the hopup was the issue for me. I received one of the rifles that just had awful accuracy, hooking left and right even after I replaced the hop up rubbers numerous times. This rifle is far more superior than the WETTI I owned. It received its first two kills last night. So overall, its performance is very very satisfying.

His price for this full aluminum piston (Top Quality Aluminum that is...) will be around 80 to 90 dollars and will feature a system like an NPAS. Not exactly... due to obvious copyright infringements. ;)

The price you quoted isn't quite accurate. I won't post the actual price as my commercial poster request hasn't been sorted yet. But suffice it to say that if you had 90 dollars on hand and you bought the parts you'd have plenty left over for a night out on the town.