Has anyone else been suffering from the hop up problems Kai has been having?

Also, enjoi74 - can you describe in slightly more detail the fix you had for the hop up?

Yeah you can't put a different buffer tube or a different flash hider until the after market outer barrels start showing up. And yeah the outer barrels aren't quite released yet

Why can't you just throw on a Marui compatible outer barrel, such as a G&P?

Edited by wdahm519
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Because this outer barrel has two different cuts in it, one to allow the round follower to pickup a round and push it into the barrel, and the second is a wider breech for the hop unit to fit into.

If you know a machinist who can do these cuts then you can throw any AEG barrel on.

Also just had mine chrono'd at 14 degrees celsius, and was achieving between 376fps to 347fps on duster gas over a ten shop string. Then filled amag with green and was getting 445fps +/- 5fps, over a 10 shot string.

Edited by SwatMP5man

Update on the hop up Issue. It seems I was being braindead last night as I simply did not zero my Aimpoint to where it should have been. I was also using .28's that are colored doo doo brown and couldnt see the trajectory flight. I put some white .25's in just the check the hop up and it works like a charm still. I tightened the HU unit just to make sure, and it still works. As for the buffer tube being loose, I found the hex screw on the bottom of the tube near the rear and it seems someone loctited it on already as it will NOT budge at all. I unscrewed the back cap with the butter knife perfectly and tried to get at it and it didnt work, then tried to unscrew it off with the cap still on. I also tried tightening it and nothing worked. It might be superglued OR loctited on already. The buffer tube clicks from side to side but it isnt a lot. It would be nice to tighten it up a bit.

Has anyone else been suffering from the hop up problems Kai has been having?

Also, enjoi74 - can you describe in slightly more detail the fix you had for the hop up?

Why can't you just throw on a Marui compatible outer barrel, such as a G&P?

Will, you first disassemble the front part. Then you will see the hop up mechanism, disassemble it.

Part #6 in the hop up mechanism is the part you want to put some tape on. I cut little strips of electrical tape and wrapped it around part #6. Only wrap around the part where it touches the hop up bucking. I also put little square cut of e-tape on the hop up bucking, only tape the part where it makes contact with part #6.

At first I was going to put some soldering on to part #6, but I thought it might melt part #6 so I didn't do it.

Hope this helps.

After reading through this ENTIRE thread...... I've decided this will be my next purchase, putting my g3 project to the wayside for now. How could it not be? I'm human, and thus have the ability to use logic.... Having owned WE, worst POS i've ever bought in airsoft, i'd rather have my 30$ hardballer from 8 years ago that still works like new in battle than that piece of *suitcase*..... it was a "version 3" all that version stuff was a load of bull anyway....

Now owning 2 WA based, one being a Noveske n4 being built from a stock WA, and the other being a GP WOC SAM R (m16a4 w/ baller stuff to simplify it for some).... I'm moving the n4 to get back into sniping bolt action. The SAM R has been great in the few skirmishes i've used it in and is just now going the way most WAs have been.... I plan on keeping that one and doing minor maintenance, upon inspection all it needs is a new oring and maybe some new springs and things, nothing huge, under 10-20 bucks for sure. The GP hop up is great. But you have to use WA mags, GHK is a scam, that is if you have GP. having to use 100 buck + WA mags is FTL, i have 5, 3 need new orings and full overhaul.... being that its used as a "sniper rifle" (above 400 fps and semi only), i really only need one or two mags in the field, but its still very frustrating.

As far as some people hating on WA system, dont, no ones mentioned yet that its supposed to be used for 134a only, and when it is its a fantastic system. All of the different versions are trying to make them GG compatible which is where most of the problems come in, admittedly i've been using mostly propane in mine.

Now back on topic, just wanted to leave some stuff for comparison and to set the record straight, sorta.

That said, on paper, and from what i've seen on vids, the KJ Tanio Koba version is vastly superior to anyone elses offerings. I wont confirm this until i've seen it for myself in person, but I'm very very excited about this gun.

A draw back that has not been mentioned yet: No full stocks, I love full stocks but thats not nearly a big enough issue to turn me off. I'd love to have trades on the body, but i have faith in the aftermarket, Prime just released a magpul body for the WE system, you gotta be kidding me.

Another thing no one has brought up yet, that really puts all of this into perspective. TK was the first to start designing a GBBr, if you discount Kokusais offerings in the early to mid 90s. Although I'm sure koba san was playing with the idea in his head at that time too, and would not be surprised if he had a hand in the kokusais as well.

That said, and the obvious fact that its a TK brain child, theres no surprise that this is the best gbbr available on the market.

@Raven1 and t_hum, you said way way early on about trying a vsr10 tightbore, did you ever? has anyone yet? or any different inner barrel for that matter? Is the bucking indeed a vsr type bucking or is it proprietary?

Did you guys ever do that hyper intensive super man test you said you'd do last week with the newly machined parts? i may have simply read over it, its been a long tiring week. lol

It sucks because i want to make a DMR platform out of this, and any DMR platform w/ retractable stocks is goofy looking. FACT!

There were a couple other things i wanted to address/ask in this post, but i honestly just forgot them, I'm running on fumes this week and bruised ribbs. lol

they'll come to me soon....

Good stuff so far Donut, Raven1, t_hum, Amadem, and everyone else who has contributed.

Edited by Apache137
Did you guys ever do that hyper intensive super man test you said you'd do last week with the newly machined parts? i may have simply read over it, its been a long tiring week. lol

Good stuff so far Donut, Raven1, t_hum, Amadem, and everyone else who has contributed.

Unfortunantly, no. Within the next two days I SWEAR! Its tough to get together. Raven works at night and I work in the day but have commitments in the afternoons when we can usually meet. But we both intend on making time very soon.

Raven1, sorry I missed your call last night. I was sleeping. Call me later today.

hey no worries t hum.... i appreciate all you and raven are doing for us as it is. take some time for yourself as you see fit.... lol

wdahm.... i cant say i'm digging it too much, the color scheme is good and the JP Rifles (?) comp tops it off nicely, but the stock looks really "chode-ish" to me. lol

now that w/ a UBR or PRS and we're in business.

agh, now im wanting a PTW again, I've had just about every kind of "uber1337" airsoft stuff now, except for a ptw... always fancied a dmr setup from a ptw....

hey no worries t hum.... i appreciate all you and raven are doing for us as it is. take some time for yourself as you see fit.... lol

wdahm.... i cant say i'm digging it too much, the color scheme is good and the JP Rifles (?) comp tops it off nicely, but the stock looks really "chode-ish" to me. lol

now that w/ a UBR or PRS and we're in business.

agh, now im wanting a PTW again, I've had just about every kind of "uber1337" airsoft stuff now, except for a ptw... always fancied a dmr setup from a ptw....

Don't put your money on a PTW. They function REALLY well, but honestly a GBBR is WAY more fun.

ah, yeah, i know all about how WOCs can be "fun," as you put it. lol

I'd just like something consistent.... The KJW seems like the solution to that while still retaining the gbb aspect, but only time will tell, and hopefully the aftermarket will take care of my few complaints....

one serious design flaw, that may or may not have been "fixable" is the buffer tube... Im all for the internal buffer tube, but they should have figured a way to make the external one work w/ sling mounts and perhaps interchangeable w/ AEG tubes... this seems like wishful thinking and nitpicking, but oh well.....

anyone working on some homebrew stuff to increase the felt recoil?

ah, yeah, i know all about how WOCs can be "fun," as you put it. lol

I'd just like something consistent.... The KJW seems like the solution to that while still retaining the gbb aspect, but only time will tell, and hopefully the aftermarket will take care of my few complaints....

one serious design flaw, that may or may not have been "fixable" is the buffer tube... Im all for the internal buffer tube, but they should have figured a way to make the external one work w/ sling mounts and perhaps interchangeable w/ AEG tubes... this seems like wishful thinking and nitpicking, but oh well.....

anyone working on some homebrew stuff to increase the felt recoil?

Not sure if it's been mentioned already (sorry if it has) but does anyone know if co2 mags are on the way and if this thing will be able to handle it or will a conversion be required?

Cheers.

Don't see the need for CO2 mags mate, even here in the UK. Im using duster gas and still getting 350fps + on it and that was today. If temperature go below 0 degrees celsius i'd still imagine it would be skirmsihable with green gas. My plan is to get t-hums velocity adjuster anyway, just so i can use green gas with no cooldown and the better rate of fire.

I think the blowback feels great. Its crisp and quick. Sure, the AGM jiggles your arm fat but it never feels percussive and snappy. AGM is more of a "kachunk" than a "crack". I much prefer the KJW recoil.

If the rumors are true that AGMs door are shut (some say for good) I can't help but feel relief. That'll be a lot fewer people with regrets about buying a GBB. The golden calf is destroyed, now lets bring people into the fold :).

Edited by t_hum
So....where may I find a duster gas adaptor? ^_^

Airsoft Innovations website, i believe their actual trade website is under a different name though. At the moment i'm ofrtunate enough to be buy cans of Kickass Green Gas for my pistol, and they have a detachable red adaptor on top, which although it doesn't sit exactly on top of the gas can, will do me fine until i get a duster adapter and new hard case for my M4.

So i stripped my M4 down as far as i dare last night and oiled her up nice with silicon gun oil, all looks in great condition after the 500 round mark, only slight loss of paint on the rear of the BCG but thats about it. Trigger mech and front of the BCG all look fine, checked the rubber bell cup on the piston and soaked that in oil overnight to prevent some of the problem being occurring here. Altogether pretty happy, should give it a good run out on sunday, and then i'll have my fun next sunday with our urban night game. :ph34r:

I shot a few mags yesterday at around 55 degrees and I had no noticeable cooldown issues with semi auto at all. I didnt try auto as I was low on propane, but I rapidly tapped the trigger and it seemed to suffer no cooldown. I know 55 degrees may not be cold to winter standards, at least here, but I have not, to this day, owned a metal gbb that didnt suffer from such a temperature so far. Since my tank was almost empty, I can only imagine it was not filling the mags all the way, and luckily, the bolt still locked back. The gun keeps impressing me. The efficiency with propane on a torn seal in the cold has me very happy. I can only imagine how it performs with T hums piston and adjuster.

So reading this thread persuaded me to join the kjw m4 club. Sounds like by far the best option without spending thousands for decent m4 gbb. Had a few question though.

- could anyone recommend a decent and cheap standard ris rail kit for this gun? (ideally with standard handle thrown in) There seem to be so many out there!

- and i'd be very interested in the fps adjuster as i've seen mentioned earlier, as i live in the uk so wouldn't be able to use the gun on site till i got it under 350.

I've ordered mine from uncompany. Once it arrives i'll hopefully be able to contribute to the glowing reviews! i have a kjw berreta and its never let me down yet.

Edited by wotty33
So reading this thread persuaded me to join the kjw m4 club. Sounds like by far the best option without spending thousands for decent m4 gbb. Had a few question though.

- could anyone recommend a decent and cheap standard ris rail kit for this gun? (ideally with standard handle thrown in) There seem to be so many out there!

- and i'd be very interested in the fps adjuster as i've seen mentioned earlier, as i live in the uk so wouldn't be able to use the gun on site till i got it under 350.

I've ordered mine from uncompany. Once it arrives i'll hopefully be able to contribute to the glowing reviews! i have a kjw berreta and its never let me down yet.

G&P 7" RIS Handguards would work well. I found a set used here for $45 shipped :)

Any Rail that would fit a real steel rifle (aka, real style barrel nut/delta ring) would fit the Tanio/KJ Works M4.

Edited by wdahm519