• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Please Note: Buffer Is Now DIRECTLY Resting On Back of Bolt Carrier Group!

I suspect this might be causing the gas inefficiency I was experiencing as the bolt carrier group is not moving freely during the beginning of its cycle causing the hammer to dwell longer on the magazine gas actuation valve. As normally the buffer retaining pin keeps the full pressure off the BCG until the BCG moves back onto the buffer during its cycle. Again During Normal Operation The Buffer Comes Into Contact With BCG - But DOES NOT Apply Pressure!

[/i]

I have my doubts as to whether or not running the gun without the detent has anything to do with efficiency issues UNLESS the buffer itself is getting hung up on something during that additional amount of stoke it now has at the start. The absence of that small gap seems to me like it would have a very maginal effect on performance. The carrier group can only accelerate so much during that unresitricted .05" that exists (if it exists at all) with the detent installed.

If you have the receiver shut and you push the carrier back with your hand through the ejection port do you notice any sort of binding during the first half inch of movement? Also, any chance you've got debris somewhere in the fire control group somewhere restricting free hammer movement?

Another idea to consider is that the carrier is somehow sitting too far forward in the receiver like we discussed over the phone yesterday. If the carrier is sitting too far forward the buffer would be free to pound on the detent pin until it broke AND the gas port on the nozzle wouldnt line up properly with the mag causing venting and poor gas efficiency. As well, hop and accuracy issues could be potentially present as well because the hop controls are attched to the block that limits forward travel via the charging handle.

Edited by t_hum
Hey sacairsoftsn00py, do you have an email contact address for ordering those? i'm guessing a pre-order is a pretty sound investment :)

cheers

I just went to their webpage and clicked on the contact button. Left them a note and pressed send.

---------------

Decided to check my e-mail for you

kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

-------------------------------

Bunta-

Its not the detent pin that needs reinforcement. Its a chunk of the lower receiver that broke on Raven1's gun. I am not worried about running propane through my gun as it only gets up to 70 degrees here this time of the year. Most of the time, its about 50ish degrees outside.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

KJ Works Response:

Hey You Big Stud You,

That's look like was broken.

You need to buy a new lower receiver(part no.37)

It's cost $45.00 USD.

Shipping fee is $5.00 USD.

You can use paypal too.

Thanks!

Clare

Actually I'm Not Too Upset As It Is A Well Documented Fact I've Beat This Gun Like A Rented Mule!

All things considered $45 for a stripped lower is a decent price!

I'm responding back asking for the additional parts that broke as well and get this piece back up and running!

Good luck to you Raven as we all know you have really done a number on that gun. I am just throughly impressed still with the fact that is still shooting! 45 dollars isnt bad at all for a new lower, but hopefully the part of the lower that failed on your weapon wont happen to most others. Im sure in the heat, more abuse is put on the weapon. Thank you again though Raven for keeping us informed.

My KJ is still up and running with no issues to report yet. Lets hope it stays that way. After showing it off at Ballahack, our local field, quite a few people were up for purchasing one, so it made me feel a bit more reasured with my purchase. Many of those people are reading this thread for research purposes. Hopefully the gun will continue to be a tank!

Temporary fix for the broken elastic band:

Electrical tape.

Make a flat ring out of it measuring about 10.5cm and have two layers for it. Fold it into thirds.

I have emptied 150 rounds using propane through my gun. Inspected the band and its still in tact.

--------------

emptied 5 more mags through the gun X38 rounds= 190 rounds plus the previous 150 rounds= 340 rounds using propane....electrical tape fix is still holding up.

(no need to spend bank for replacement elastic band it seems)

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Thats a total of three failures on the KJW, all three from the bodies. KJW needs to address this issue. Im working on forged receivers as well and while those may be a fix, it doesn't really excuse KJW. Aftermarket bodies should not be a requirement for durability.

Having said that, I still don't regret promoting the KJW platform. This issue can be sorted.

Not my m4. Mine is still in tact. Come summer time, I intend to use duster gas.

The person whose upper receiver broke is from the Philippines. Decembers over there reach a low of 68 degrees at night at most. Otherwise lows are in the 70's at night. Mornings/ afternoons are around 80-85 i believe.

Also, do note that the broken tab is from a serial numbered receiver. Same with Raven1's. Im not sure if there were any other changes mad after the initial 250 serial numbered guns.

We also do not know what the owner did. He has a different front end assembly on the gun. its possible that it cracked when he was tightening down on the front end.

If I don't misrecall, the first 500 were serial numbered, and of those, 1-250 had some issue with mag catch that KJW sent spare parts to fix when owners sent them the address and info on their rifle.

So I'd say first 250 was one batch, then next 250 were another numbered batch, and after that they have stayed unnumbered, but basically just same design in new batches.

I was under the impression that there are only 250 serialized guns. After that the next production ran began in which serials were done away with and changes were made to 1. magazine springs 2. buffer springs 3. buffers.

Only closer inspection would be able to verify any further changes. I didn't realize that wasn't your gun snoopy. I take the damage with a grain of salt then. Who knows how people treat their guns. I think it would be wise to advice people against doing any work to the front end with the upper installed on the lower.

Honestly, it really depends on how you treat your gun. Let's say, a heavy gun like the KJ M4 falling on hard concrete or other hard surface would do a great deal of damage. Or if you fire it like there's no tomorrow like Raven1, something's going to give. (Isn't this the same with RS, parts will break over time, probably in less than 10,000 shots)

I baby my KJ M4, hasn't gone pass the 600 shot mark b/c I'm so busy with school. I haven't had any problems with it firing or any parts that look like it's about to break off.