I can understand the need to use pot metal (or whatever particular low grade allow they choose to use) to keep costs down. Forgings are expensive to produce. The cost of the forged body could be as much as the entire gun, for instance. Casting means less secondary operations on the part after casting due to the complex shapes that can be cast. There are a few basic changes they could make to the molds that would increase strength in a few areas.

Casting in and of itself isn't bad. Its bad when coupled with high stresses and low quality alloys.

In other news:

photo-3.jpg

Ill post results soon. Website comes first.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Fail. But excited to see what the fix will be

I dont really consider it a fail. :) His comment got me seriously considering it.

HAHA! BURrrrN! Wdahm519! (j/k) Glad I helped you considered it T_hum

Raven, drop by the shop this week and we will get something worked out.

I think this part will fix that bad gas efficiency issue guys are having that already have broken lowers. It should also prevent it from happening to lowers that are still intact.

Totally :) Now...time for you to nicely tap back the bent metal... for Raven lol, Hope all goes well. I can't wait to see it.

In theory this will also prevent from a breakage like THIS happening? Because it brings the stress from the pin and that small piece of metal and distributes it evenly. Correct?

11102009311.jpg

Edited by stickyittoyou

E-mail retailers and ask them how long a wait it would be for them to have the items re-stocked.

Also, sometimes...its timing.

I have seen them on and off of redwolf. At one time, redwolf had them in stock...but only one of them were in the inventory. I bought four from UNcompany and two from WGCshop.

There are retaiers in the US who have them in stock. Just a matter of how much you are willing to pay for them.

A couple of the retailers are in hawaii. One was in Florida I think. They wanted between 50-70 dollars a piece.

I've read about a WE getting 10k. However it wasn't a test but rather a guestimate.

Although i do admit my WE has it's faults, my WE has a count around 6k rounds ( i have 2 3500 TM BB's sack's just for this gun ) without breaking anything other than the charging handle yesterday, and that was partially my fault after installing the new inner barrel and CO2 kit AND it's a V1.

And it's been treated pretty roughly, even the trigger group doesn't have sign of heavy usage and although i have all steal parts for it from TSC i didn't had to change them yet.

IT DOES have a few small issues but a bit of tinkering and it's all good. It doesn't work quite well out of the box as the KJW but it's a good platform otherwise, can't really say the same thing about WE mags though :mellow:

Here in Europe at least i can easily find KJW mags in shops maybe it's a regional thing ?

Edited by danielsilva