• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Special airsoft supplies seem to be the only retailer in the UK with it in stock (AFAIK), but I seem to recall hearing some not-so-great things about them in the past, so I'd be a bit hesitant to buy it from them...

Yeah I heard about their less than stella reputation. I'll just have to hope redwolf or Airsoft armoury gets some in soon. Or take the plunge and order from ehobby...

Guys, any news about 30-round USGI Stanag magazines?

-Luis

The only reason why the WA platform has so many different magazines created was because of the gas efficiency problems that the original magazines have using GG.

Given how the KJW line up of guns never had a lot of aftermarket support, it wouldn't be irrational to believe that STANAG magazines will NOT come out for this M4. I don't know if laylax really are coming out with parts, because I don't know what parts they could make since T_hum practically makes them already.

If you really want a working M4 GBBR, you'll have to learn to look beyond the thermold magazine. Because at the end of the day, you'll still have fun shooting the thing. I hope I'm not alone in saying how tired I am seeing members ask about the STANAG magazine when clearly it shouldn't be the be-all-end-all reason to not purcahse a KJ M4.

The only reason why the WA platform has so many different magazines created was because of the gas efficiency problems that the original magazines have using GG.

Given how the KJW line up of guns never had a lot of aftermarket support, it wouldn't be irrational to believe that STANAG magazines will NOT come out for this M4. I don't know if laylax really are coming out with parts, because I don't know what parts they could make since T_hum practically makes them already.

If you really want a working M4 GBBR, you'll have to learn to look beyond the thermold magazine. Because at the end of the day, you'll still have fun shooting the thing. I hope I'm not alone in saying how tired I am seeing members ask about the STANAG magazine when clearly it shouldn't be the be-all-end-all reason to not purcahse a KJ M4.

Thanks for your response. I'll see what I'll do.

-Luis

Yeah I heard about their less than stella reputation. I'll just have to hope redwolf or Airsoft armoury gets some in soon. Or take the plunge and order from ehobby...

i've had bad experiences with them.. They never replied to any of my mails/calls once i'd ordered. The product did finally arrive, but it took months. I'd buy your KJW M4 somewhere else if you can.

Hi guys just receive the upgrade for KJW velocity reducer. I order another set of bolt assembly and put the new velocity reducer and new piston I just have to chrono it and give results I only put the black spacer that comes with it. Hopefully I would now the FPS this Friday or Saturday. Did anyone try it yet? Whats the fps reading?

Hi guys just receive the upgrade for KJW velocity reducer. I order another set of bolt assembly and put the new velocity reducer and new piston I just have to chrono it and give results I only put the black spacer that comes with it. Hopefully I would now the FPS this Friday or Saturday. Did anyone try it yet? Whats the fps reading?

Remember this is temperature Dependant, so as the weather changes you will need to add or decrease the amount of spacers for your desired FPS.

i've had bad experiences with them.. They never replied to any of my mails/calls once i'd ordered. The product did finally arrive, but it took months. I'd buy your KJW M4 somewhere else if you can.

I'll just have to wait I suppose. Airsoft armoury said they'd have them stocked up again in January.

Remember this is temperature Dependant, so as the weather changes you will need to add or decrease the amount of spacers for your desired FPS.

If you're only using the O-ring itself and no spacers, that should be about 400fps at 70 degrees. At about 55 degrees it should be around 380-385. Other than that, you'll have to find out for yourself in your climate.

Somebody asked earlier if semi-auto only modification was possible and t_hum said it required carrier modification, could anybody care to elaborate? I'm trying to convert my teammates and one of them is sniper/DMR fanatic. In Finland you usually have to mod a gun to be semi-only to allow greater velocities..

The modification the the bolt carrier involves shortening the lower rear portion of the carrier (where the detent pin slided through) to match the length of the upper rear portion. By doing this the auto sear wont be engaged by the carrier. This is how its done on the RS as well. A quick search around the internet for "AR Bolt Carrier" and "Full auto M16 Bolt Carrier" should bring up pictures of both and you can compare the difference there.

Ill try to post a picture later today with some markings on it to illustrate the operation more clearly.

Thanks t_hum!

So if i understand the gibberish the google translator produces this picture here: http://www.hyperdouraku.com/airgun/kobam4a1/images/41.jpg would seem to suggest that aftermarket traded bodys are coming? Lewis Machine & Tool is mentioned as well as Rock River Arms- not that those two say much to an AK-head like me ;) It could also be a one-off, of-course.

Hmm ok, well bummer. But, on the other hand, I plan to get custom Diemaco engravings on my still-to-be-bought KJW M4 sometime so traded bodies are not a big deal for me. Just wanted to give a heads up for those that were hoping for that type of thing..

The more the merrier, I guess. If enough of us show the money, they might do Diemaco body for us somewhere... :) C7 or C8 body?

Kind of wish that someone came up with outer barrels in different lengths and profiles already.