Well folks, *breathes heavily*, there's another testimony to the KJW's reliability. 14 mags out of the box and much, much more to come. I'd buy it if I weren't such a cheap *bramston pickle* and broke.

You'd rather buy a WA or a clone thereof that'll require you to spend triple what the gun costs to get it functioning Okay, instead of spending nothing to get the KJW working fine?

When I can afford one, a KJW M4 is definitely on my wish list. The AGM is fun, but for the sheer unrivalled reliability and efficiency... This seems to take the cake.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

And on the gun, I want thins, but lack of parts puts me off. I'm considering a JG. Huge amount of parts, and cheap price.

I think the single defining factor that will have me buying one of these is the gas consumption.

There's a youtube vid of someone (I forget who) getting off three full mags on one fill of gas; In continuous Full-Auto, no less. And If I read this here first post correctly, raven managed SEVEN mags worth of ammo on ONE fill of gas, with (I assume) some controlled shooting and use of semi.

That's seven mags at 400+ fps. If you drop the gas output down and lower the power, I'd be willing to bet that you could get ten mags out with one fill of gas at ~330 fps.

That is, of course, if I've read the post right xD

I think the single defining factor that will have me buying one of these is the gas consumption.

There's a youtube vid of someone (I forget who) getting off three full mags on one fill of gas; In continuous Full-Auto, no less. And If I read this here first post correctly, raven managed SEVEN mags worth of ammo on ONE fill of gas, with (I assume) some controlled shooting and use of semi.

That's seven mags at 400+ fps. If you drop the gas output down and lower the power, I'd be willing to bet that you could get ten mags out with one fill of gas at ~330 fps.

That is, of course, if I've read the post right xD

Want...so...bad now. Have...to...save...up

• Like 1

MDK, Im not sure you've read correctly. I was presenting during Raven1's testing and while I wasnt paying strict attention to how often he filled the reservoirs I am certain he did not get 7 mags off per fill. I think it was 3-4. Im sure Raven1 will pop in and give you a definitive answer, but 7 fills seems high if I remember right.

I will say though, that the gun impressed the heck out of me. It fires straight, crisp, and feels solid. After examining both the AGM system he had previously and the new KJW Ive got to say it has some very significant advantages. I know there are guys out there who will be tempted to buy a JG or AGM based on price but it would be a massive mistake on their part (unless theyve got cash money to constantly replace/tune parts or make their own that will withstand the abuse inherent in the design). The KJW uses a proven & mature design that has been used for a very long time. Reliability of the gas system should be on par or better than that of your typical high quality airsoft pistol, as this system is an enlarged version of the former.

Edited by t_hum
3-4 is indeed the average mag per fill for me. On a good day, maybe even 5. But I've yet to hit 7 mags a fill.

Exactly. 7 mags per fill isn't real. Max I've marked was 4 full mags and few shots of fifth.

But It still excelent score (for example MTW is able to shoot 50bb's per fill).

Btw. If you don't like KJW marking on Receiver you can order from WGC Shop.

We've bought 2 of KJW M4 from WGC and the Receiver is clear.

I was looking on KJW home page for some details(http://www.kjworks.com.tw/new.php)

and found 2 notices about KJ M4.

I don't speak chinese(used google translate) and can't be sure but probably there is only 300 of KJW M4.

Furthermore for M4s with serial #1-250 the KJW "will offer free replacement parts to solve the problems".

Edited by Amadem
Furthermore for M4s with serial #1-250 the KJW "will offer free replacement parts to solve the problems".

If it is true that only 300 units are being produced (which seems very low to be cost effective) it doesnt make much sense to me that they would offer warranty on the first 250 but not the last 50. Regardless Im sure "the problems" is just a translation thing that makes it sound like they have identified problems when what it really means to say is "free replacement parts to solve any problems". I could be wrong though. If there are problems, nobody here has found them yet. Donut, Raven1, what serial #'s are your guns?

EDIT:

Translated the page as well, the two phrases are "M4 formal listing!! The first batch of 300 limited edition serial number attached lettering!!, Please contact the Mountain Toys (05) 239-0404" This makes me think the first 300 are serialized and "limited edition". I doubt 300 will be all that are made.

the second is "please buy M4 serial number 1 to 250 products to consumers in return, ** ** please send along with magazines, the company will offer free replacement parts to solve the problem set after the bolt can not be ..." It ends abruptly like that. Makes me think there actually is some issue identified with the magazines included with guns 1-250 regarding bolt lock function. This is all just a guess from a rather poorly translated webpage.

What do you guys think this all means?

Edited by t_hum

Saturday, August 29th, 2009

1300 Hours

Temperature 111F / 43.8C In Sunny Arizona

Propane Gas Used - Coleman Propane Fuel - http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/Produ...&click=2744

Firing Mode Rapid Fire Semi Auto Only - Semi Auto Only Testing Today!

Loaded up both KJW Magazines by filling the KJW fill tube until the end as the BBs just touch the feed funnel at the end of the clear plastic tube. Round count on my feeder is 32 BBs using this method - 32 BBs Fit Both Magazines - I Have Not Attempted To Feed More Than 1 Fill Tube To Check Maximum Capacity. That Will Come Later,,,

Firing the gun, Once Again the gun performed as expected -

No Double Feeds:

The KJW has yet to double feed into the hop up. BBs load smoothly from magazine to hop up to out the muzzle everytime. The BB extractor works marvelous and is positive contact as it rides through the BB trough of the magazine. The BB trough on the magazine is just the correct width for the extractor to travel past. The front of the nozzle is angled and the inner rails of the BB trough are beveled. This fits the round shape of the bolt nozzle perfectly and the angled front edge insures th BB is not contacting a sharp right angled corner but a direct flat surface once the BB extractor moves the BB from the BB trough into the hop up.

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

The front side of the BB trough is of course 6mm for the BBs to properly feed into the hop up. The BB trough has a different design than the WA/WE design and is longer, more dense and made of plastic as the Entire Upper Section of the magazine Is One Piece. That's Correct The BB Trough IS One Piece With The Entire Top Section. I believe this was designed this way for higher structural integrity should the magazine land BB trough down so the entire assembly takes the impact rather than one individual fastened on part take the brunt of the impact. Also the upper section of the magazine has a slight cant / angle to facilitate positive contact from the bolt cup gas port to the magazine gas port seal. It Is No Where Near As Pronounced like say the GHK AK-74 or AK-47 series but it is easily seen by the eye.

IMG_1474.jpg

The BB extractor 3.5mm wide, the BB trough on the magazine is 4mm wide so there is No Possible Opportunity for the BBs to be pulled back into the upper receiver by the BB extractor.

IMG_1483.jpg

No Failure to fire:

The gun shoots cleanly and smoothly through the entire magazine no issues pushing the BB into the hop up bucking. The bolt cup positively contacts the hop up bucking and disengages just as smoothly. The bolt cup gas port contacts the magazine gas seal positively during operation and seems to be robust and efficient as noted by the 3 reloads or 96 BB (32 BBs per mag as mentioned earlier) / Per Gas Fill average. Again 3 BB Loads Per Gas Fill - 3 to 1 Average!

Bolt Lock:

Bolt locked back after last round expended after every Loaded Magazine.

Although it should be noted if there is No BB Present In The Hop Up and No BBs In The Magazine - The Bolt Does Not Always Lock Back! This Might Be Due To Design but Will Investigate Further To Discover The Root Cause.

No Trigger Reset Failures:

Fire the gun - pull the trigger - keep holding the trigger back - slightly let up on the trigger - trigger resets - fire the gun.

Trigger reset every time with no issues.

Repeated in Multiple /

Fire the gun 2 Shots / Double Tap - pull the trigger - keep holding the trigger back - slightly let up on the trigger - trigger resets - Fire the gun 2 Shots / Double Tap.

Fire the gun 3 Shots / Double Tap - pull the trigger - keep holding the trigger back - slightly let up on the trigger - trigger resets - Fire the gun 3 Shots / Double Tap.

Again trigger reset every time with no issues.

Hop Up Adjustment:

The hop up held adjustment from the prior days shooting. The engagement distance was CQB distance of 25 Yards / 22.86 Meters. Shot groups were 6 inches but bear in mind precision groups were not intended. Shots fired today were all rapid fire, controlled suppressive fire (Quick 6 - 10 shot groups on a given object), controlled 10 shot groups fired as quickly as possible. 2 Magazines were shot for repeatability and consistency and at 25 yards the shot groups were 2.5" - 3" groups

IMG_1488.jpg

One Issue To Report!

Both Magazines Stopped feeding 18 - 20 BB mark. One magazine stopped feeding at the 18 BB mark, the other magazine stopped feeding at the 20 BB mark. Inspection of the magazines revealed the spring was not expanding from it compressed state. The clearly visible BBs were loose, rattling around with zero upward pressure. Percussive Maintenance was employed - I beat the side of the magazine and the spring let loose of what ever it was hanging up on. I will need to smoothen out the BB channels of the magazines and I hope this will alleviate the BB movement in the magazine issue.

Total Magazines Expended Today = 22

Total Issues / Incidents Encountered = 2 / Magazine Related

Total Bolt Locking Back After Last BB = 36

Total Magazine Count Expended = 36

Total Round Count = 1152

Saturday, August 29th, 2009

2000 Hours

Temperature 95F / 35C In Evening Arizona

Propane Gas Used - Coleman Propane Fuel - http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/Produ...&click=2744

- Firing Mode = Rapid Fire - Semi Auto Only -

!! I Have A Very BAD Thing To Report!!

Magpul B.A.D Installation on KJW M4 = Success!

Reaction Side View

IMG_1470.jpg

Primary Side View

IMG_1467.jpg

Reaction Side Angle View

IMG_1471.jpg

25 Yard / 22.86 Meters Engagement / CQB Distance -

Loaded and Gassed Both Magazines:

Expended 1st magazine - Bolt Did Not Lock Back After Last Shot!

Expended 2nd Magazine - Bolt Did Not Lock Back After Last Shot!

*fruitcage*!!

Wondering if the added weight of the B.A.D. Is Not Allowing For Bolt Stop To Move Up?

Quickly Reloaded Both Magazines: Repeat Test - 2nd Attempt

Expended 1st magazine - Bolt Locked Back After Last Shot - Grins Like Idiot

Expended 2nd magazine - Bolt Locked Back After Last Shot - Grins Like Idiot

Quickly Reloaded Both Magazines: Repeat Test - 3rd Attempt

Expended 1st magazine - Bolt Locked Back After Last Shot - Swelling Ensues

Tactical Front Lean Employed To Alleviate Pressure In Pants.

Expended 2nd magazine - Bolt Locked Back After Last Shot - Go Looking For Tidy Wipe!

Again The Gun Shot, Fed, Grouped As Expected. Will need to gather data as to why the gun is not locking back the 1st test period.

Total Magazines Expended Today = 28

Total Issues / Incidents Encountered = 4 / 2 Issues = Magazine Related - 2 Incidents = Battery Assist Device Related.

Total Bolt Locking Back After Last BB = 40

Total Magazine Count Expended = 42

Total Round Count = 1344

Sorry to intrude in Raven1's awesome experiment results, but what's up with the fps claims on websites selling this gun? While their actual chronos are well above 400 fps at .25g websites are advertising only 400-430 fps using .20g. Usually they're over estimating by 100 fps =P. Also while it's great that it can shoot at such a high fps out of the box, it's uhh, a bit too high for use on field (at least for me). I remember only reading one short post that there will be upgrades/downgrades. Have they been released yet? Is it possible to downgrade without aftermarket parts?

You know, that is the exact setup I want mine to have; God damn you Chris Costa!!! God damn you Travis Haley!!! God damn you Raven1!!! I'm hooked!

Oh yeah Raven1, if you want to sell that thing in 13 weeks I offer $550.

Bro,

I can build it for you and have it ready for when you get back. That way you can get as many Air Ball games in before the send you to DoucheBagaStan!

You need to be careful with those BAD's.

Might be cool for Costa Coffee to use one when he's showing off on the range but if you catch it on your kit during a skirmish you're probably going to snap/bend/knacker something.

I have been using it on my LWRC Gas Piston Rifle for many months now and have had zero issues with it catching on anything! I never rub my rifle on anything on me, my gear or the vehicle. This is the EBRv2 B.A.D. as it is one piece and simply swapped out the stock AR-15 Bolt Catch with the EBRv2. Now that the Magpul B.A.D is released I have several in reserve.

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Contrary to how you feel Stealthbomber the B.A.D.s main purpose is to speed up clearing malfunctions of the gun. Faster loading is secondary, even faster when used with the Gen 1 (which is no longer sold) redi-mag system. To each his own right? But I've got enough XM193 down range now that it feels weird not having the B.A.D. on the gun. And now that I have it on my hard bean gun life is sweeter,,,

• Like 1
Your RIS looks fantastic; what is it, where is it from, and was it hard to put on?

The front set is a G&P Defender for the WA System, The Only Item That Does NOT Work Is The WA Barrel.

Everything else bolts right on.

The barrel that t_hum added the machining cuts to Is A Classic Army 10.5" CQBR AEG Barrel.

It was stupid easy to put together.

Top it off with the Noveske KX3 and it looks the seks doesn't it??!!

Edited by Raven1
Bro,

I can build it for you and have it ready for when you get back. That way you can get as many Air Ball games in before the send you to DoucheBagaStan!

Awesome! I will keep in touch.

Oh and one other thing, are we related??? I've had the M6A2 in my online shopping cart for the past two weeks now for when I get back. Good *suitcase* man!

Where the hell did you get the MS2 sling and the B.A.D.???

Edited by the hot tuna