• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

After 89 pages we still dont know how to install Tight Bore inner barrel... Did anyone (excluding Raven and his CNC masterwork) menaged to fit ANY Tight Bore into his rifle?

Mine has a t_hum customized tightbore... Unless you have access to equipment I would recommend contacting him with what you need. The install video is a few pages back in the thread.

Pg 81, #1612 to be exact

Edited by Mini-Support
How big is the diameter? How much bucks cost one?

Barrels are 6.03mm Madbull Python V2. Cost is $45 plus shipping.

To avoid further clutter in this thread its probably best for everyone to PM me with your parts and pricing inquiries.

Yes, to confirm, the KJW is compatible with RS pistol grips. Just watch out for the spring when you take off the grip. It sits oddly in the Magpul MIAD grip, and you need to put something between the spring and the grip to keep it in place. The spring gives your selector ball bearing tension, so you'll want to make sure thats not hanging out of its place.

maybe i missed it or couldn't find it but did thum make a installation video for the carrier extension (detent fix)? thanks guys

No, not yet. Ive got a good batch of orders pending right now that Im finishing up. Last week was a hectic week getting a large number of orders out as well. Ill get around to it very soon. Ive been doing the new website too which should be really cool.

No, not yet. Ive got a good batch of orders pending right now that Im finishing up. Last week was a hectic week getting a large number of orders out as well. Ill get around to it very soon. Ive been doing the new website too which should be really cool.

awesome news "t"....i want to see that new website....holding.... :)

Since I feel like HRMC just slapped me with a wet fish, I just want to check before spending what little money I have left, the KJ M4 does accept standard AEG ris units, namely this one and is the gas block necessary for the rifle to function?

Now I just need to make it through the night waiting for the parcelforce man :D.

RANGE REPORT

Saturday, March 20th, 2010

0900 Hours

Temperature 74F / 23.3C In Sunny Southern California - 367 Feet / 112 Meters in Elevation

Propane Gas Used - Coleman Propane Fuel -http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/Produ...&click=2744

Firing Mode Rapid Fire Semi Auto - 28 Magazines

Gun State:

Magpul B.A.D. Lever - Cradle Airsoft Piston - Cradle Airsoft Aluminum Velocity Reducer - Using 'Echo 1' .28 BBs, Cradle Airsoft 6.03 Tight Bore 280mm Length for 10.5" CQB Barrel

Pre-Game Gun Inspection Revealed No Abnormal Wear In BCG or Buffer + Buffer Tube.

Decided to say “Phuket” and Did NOT Lube The Gun!

Chrono Testing:

( GGI Member “TheFlash” Chrono’d and test fired the gun at the Chrono Station

Great Meeting You Bro! )

Cradle Airsoft Velocity W/No Adjustment Spacers Installed Yet. O-Ring Currently Present On The Gun Is The Stock KJW O-Ring Removed From KJW Plunger and Installed Onto Cradle Aluminum Plunger/Reducer.

.20 BBs with an Ambient Temperature of 74F / 23.3C

Shot 1 446 FPS

Shot 2 446 FPS

Shot 3 441 FPS

Shot 4 443 FPS

Shot 5 441 FPS

With The Stock KJW O-Ring Still In Place

Installed 2mm Spacer On Top Of Stock KJW O-Ring

Installed Cradle Airsoft Supplied O-Ring To Capture and Retain 2mm Spacer

Verification Chrono Results:

Shot 1 346 FPS

Shot 2 346 FPS

Shot 3 340 FPS

Shot 4 336 FPS

Shot 5 336 FPS

I Ran the gun at this FPS for the entire Op as some engagement distances were as close as 10 feet. 10 Feet being the M.E.D. or Minimum Engagement Distance.

Performance & Consistency:

The gun ran great and found no issues with trigger response, shot grouping, shot placement or trajectory.

The gun is zero’d for a 65 foot engagement but dealt with primarily CQB distances and found it no problem as I watched the BBs contact just above the red dot in my sight.

Found that .25 and .20 BBs would fly straight and trajectory would stay flat out to 65 feet.

However I did note that with the lighter weight BBs after or about the 75 foot range the BBs would suddenly and Abruptly Curve Up – Essentially Over Hopping. The Reason I noted this is because I had lost my Mag loader with my .28BBs and had to use the lighter weight BBs until I was able to break off and head back to the vehicles to get the spare mag loader and bag of .28BBs.

Magazines Loaded with 33 BBs each

Topped Off Magazines With Propane With Every BB Fill – I did this for tactics only as in some cases the action was very heavy and I didn’t want to still have BBs and no propellant as I witnessed with guys running their WA or WE systems. They would simply run out of juice and have plenty of BB in the mag. So the mags were topped off to avoid running dry.

Incidents / Issues Encountered:

Magazine #2 stopped feeding correctly, quick inspection revealed the remaining 4 – 6 BBs would be “floating” inside the BB channel with NO Spring Pressure Being Applied By The BB Follower.

Upon disassembly found noted the BB Feed Channel had debris, and found that the Black BB Follower had debris Embedded onto its sides.

Even Further Inspection revealed that the follower spring had been compressed from usage and when laid in a side by side comparison to the spare magazine springs I had on hand. The spring was considerably shorter than the spare magazine follower springs.

Cleaned feed channels, follower and changed spring and the magazine performance returned to normal.

Please Note:

Both Magazines are the Original Magazines Purchased with the gun!

Both magazines Have Only Been Lubed and Cleaned – No Part / O-Ring Has Yet To Be Replaced.

Both Magazines Have Been Deployed In Temperatures Ranging From 28F / -2.22C All the way Up to 118F / 47.7C and Are STILL Leak Free!

Total Round Count Per Magazine Approximately 6,632 BBs.

Total Magazines Expended = 28

1 BB Load To 1 Gas Fill

Total Issues / Incidents Encountered / Magazine Related= 1

Total Bolt Locking Back After Last BB = 27

Total Magazine BBs Expended = 924

Total Round Count = 13,264

Edited by Raven1

@oldgamefreak

When ordering my parts from Claire on Sunday (Which is Monday morning in Taiwan) the parts usually arrive by Thursday or Friday. Just like you I am in Arizona and I request she send them "normal" mail as I am not too concerned in getting my parts in 2 days when they will usually arrive within a 5 day period.

Their site is under construction so I wonder if their email is down while they make a transition.

Nice report Raven1. Nobody knows how to test/beat the KJW platform like you do. Its thanks to reports like this that people continue to buy the KJW platform.

Their site is under construction so I wonder if their email is down while they make a transition.

Nice report Raven1. Nobody knows how to test/beat the KJW platform like you do. Its thanks to reports like this that people continue to buy the KJW platform.

100% AGREE!!!!

@Raven1

Thanks for the follow-up. I let BUSTA-CAPS use it and now the mag loading rod is missing, so i ordered another one plus another mag loader assy. better to have 2 of them on hand.

Also thanks for the continuing saga of "AS THE KJW TURNS". I look forward to reading the reports and seeing if you find any breaks, fixes or tweaks.

Hey guys, who here has modified a new outer barrel such as a 10.5" to fit the KJW? I have the measurements saved in a word file from way back in this thread, but I wanted to know if anyone had a picture of their barrel. I'd like to see what that notch for the hop up looks like. I just purchased a steel 10.5" CQBR outer and I'm going to modify it to fit the KJW.

Thanks.

Edited by wdahm519