• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hey guys, Im having an issue right now. I just transplanted the used upper given to me by Raven onto my gun and Im seeming to have hopup issues. I noticed no weight bb I used was getting significant hop up unless I put it on the setting where there is no click, but a drag of movement on the hop up adjuster where the hop up arm is the lowest. Then it would hop up too high. I looked down the barrel on all settings and the rubber didnt seem to move at all or go lower. I installed everything correctly and I didnt have this issue with my old upper that broke. In fact, I remember my hop up working fine when i first installed the new upper. I had not shot it for a few weeks, and now, hop up dosnt like me. Any ideas?

Hey guys, Im having an issue right now. I just transplanted the used upper given to me by Raven onto my gun and Im seeming to have hopup issues. I noticed no weight bb I used was getting significant hop up unless I put it on the setting where there is no click, but a drag of movement on the hop up adjuster where the hop up arm is the lowest. Then it would hop up too high. I looked down the barrel on all settings and the rubber didnt seem to move at all or go lower. I installed everything correctly and I didnt have this issue with my old upper that broke. In fact, I remember my hop up working fine when i first installed the new upper. I had not shot it for a few weeks, and now, hop up dosnt like me. Any ideas?

PM me and I'll guide you through this,,,

just had a chance to test my cqbr standard accuracy on 20m range. I put 4 cigarette boxes, and the gun shot very accurately, no fail! A friend of mine said its standard inner barrel is 6.01mm (dunno for sure).

Trust me, I have a 323 - 6.01mm barrel; and that was made by T_Hum... Most likely the stock barrel is around 6.03-6.05mm.

Edited by stickyittoyou

Ive tested the stock, 6.03 and 6.01 barrels back to back. Accuracy between stock and a 363 6.03 is very pronounced (which says something because the gun is pretty good stock). 6.03 to 6.01 is slightly better. FPS jumps +25-30 from stock to either of the tightbores, however.

Even more important in these guns in the ammo you use. .28g is ideal in my experience. .30 might even be better.

Edited by t_hum

So I just purchased my KJW from wgcshop.com. To anyone that has ordered from them, did you have to pay any import tax or duties when you got it from them?

Also, I was wondering to anyone who purchased mags from either wgcshop or ehobbyasia, how much did it come to with shipping for each mag? I found mags for 59.99 with free shipping, a bit more expensive than ehobby, but they are in stock and since ehobby is in asia, I can only assume shipping would be 17 dollars or more per mag.

Ive tested the stock, 6.03 and 6.01 barrels back to back. Accuracy between stock and a 363 6.03 is very pronounced (which says something because the gun is pretty good stock). 6.03 to 6.01 is slightly better. FPS jumps +25-30 from stock to either of the tightbores, however.

Even more important in these guns in the ammo you use. .28g is ideal in my experience. .30 might even be better.

I see. I use Tanio Koba 0.3 bb. I'm very satisfied with its performance.

So I just purchased my KJW from wgcshop.com. To anyone that has ordered from them, did you have to pay any import tax or duties when you got it from them?

Also, I was wondering to anyone who purchased mags from either wgcshop or ehobbyasia, how much did it come to with shipping for each mag? I found mags for 59.99 with free shipping, a bit more expensive than ehobby, but they are in stock and since ehobby is in asia, I can only assume shipping would be 17 dollars or more per mag.

I did not get pegged with an import tax. :P

I think I got my KJW M4 CQBR 4 days after I sent them the monies via paypal. It went through the customs without issue. My box was all taped up with "Inspected by US Customs / Department of Agriculture" all over. My orange paint actually chipped off when I used my finger nail on it.

Good luck dude!

@ dstole: here some information i got previously from Raven1 >

- What you need to do is remove the front set,

which is the barrel, delta ring / barrel nut and separate from the upper receiver.

You will need to remove the front sight "A" frame first ( part # B 8 ) -

Do this by removing the 2 pins ( Part # B 13 )

Then the gas tube ( Part # B 18 ) as this part will be in the way when you need to remove the Delta ring.

To loosen the delta ring ( Part # B 16 ) you will need to use the supplied wrench ( Part # T 1 ) -

Once you do, you will need to look at the front of the upper receiver where the barrel was connected and you will see a small screw ( Part # 86 ) that holds the hop up carrier in.

Leave that small screw alone for now!

Remove the Bolt carrier Group from the upper receiver -

looking up into the upper receiver you will see the screw that holds the hop wheel or Part # 85 -

you need to remove Part #85 first -

hop up wheel ( # 16 ) and Spacer ( # 94 ) will come off next -

Now Remove the small screw on the front of the upper receiver ( # 86 ) -

Be careful not to lose the small tension spring ( # 31 ) that comes out with the hop up arm!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, if anyone wants mags, I'm in Taiwan right now and I can get them for you for about $40 each.

Ok, I lied, I under-estimated the conversion rates. It's actually closer to $45 per mag. 1500TWD=46.56900 U.S. dollars

Wow that is pretty. So the UBR went without a hitch?

PTS? RS? ACM?

Its ACM, I even wrote up a HOW-TO Guide for installing it perfectly I think it was a page ago, maybe 2 pages back in this thread. Go check it out if you're interested.

The ACM UBR is $70 shipped from T-Tiger on ASF, and the installation is more or less simple. It requires removal of the old tube, tapping of the rear cap, and installation of the new tube. That's about it. Took me 30-40 minutes in total, which included fiddling around with what to do, etc.

So, update. Apparently, it's not a problem with US retailers, but rather KJW as a whole. They are behind in magazine production, by about a year. Not just the M4, but all their guns. No idea on when it'll start back up again, so don't expect any mags to show up soon unfortunately. Sorry :(

So, update. Apparently, it's not a problem with US retailers, but rather KJW as a whole. They are behind in magazine production, by about a year. Not just the M4, but all their guns. No idea on when it'll start back up again, so don't expect any mags to show up soon unfortunately. Sorry :(

whoo glad i got the 2 spares when i did. unfortunately i havent been airsofting in about 2 months... dito.

Im still waiting for someone to start making CNC replacements for the KJW upper and lower. Im not sure if it is the legal stuff that happened recently that's stopping it, but no one has one out yet. Last time I checked, Clare said they couldnt ship them in.