Galil SAR by CYBERGUN!

The cybergun galil SAR... full metal, detailed, yet looks do deceive, believe me.

I was honestly expecting a good rifle, since my cousin's AKM airsoft doesn't have a single flaw, has 500fps, and is all-around good. But the Cybergun Galil SAR isn't part of that category.

For starts, the battery doesn't fit! Yes, the stick battery doesn't fit inside the top barrel like the manual says. Unlike the King Arms Galils which have a small part of the barrel cut to fit the wire from the stick battery that goes from the top of the battery to the bottom. But, i improvise and just put it under the top cover. It works fine and dandy, but guess what? The cocking handle gets so crammed inside that it won't budge unless you pull extremely hard. If you do that, then your going to see a HUGE hunk of painting wear off. Oh, and the cocking handle itself breaks. I investigate, only to find that it was supported by only a loose screw and 2 prongs which were about 2mm in diameter. They broke, of course. That's already a lot of work right there!

Lets talk about her firing. She gets about 400 to 450 FPS which is damn good for the $200 i got her for. The magazine holds 430rds, but is a manual crank, not a key-type like my cousin's AKM. Not much else to say, the firing is beautiful.

Oh, and here we have the steel folding stock. It takes about 50 tries before you get the hang of unlatching. Believe me when i say there IS a technique to it. It's pretty hard to do when its right-out-of-the-box, but eventually loosens up.

The sights are good, but the problem with i have with it that all but one part is full metal. It really looks terrible to have plastic next to metal pieces.

The paint isn't to good on her. It scrapes off waaaayyyyyyy too easily. Make sure to have a can of spray paint handy when you buy one, your going to need it.

Heres the work i am going to have to do to get it working right now: Weld the cocking handle, cut the top barrel, give it a new paint job,

Well, to wrap this up, i am going to say that you really have to be experienced when you buy a Cybergun Galil SAR. What i mean is, your going to need to know how to fix any problems you come buy. That and you also have to be a craftsman of some sort. Your going to find problems along the way, but i say its worth having a great replica of a Galil!

And one more thing, Cybergun AK47 magazines work in it, but don't click into the magazine catch. They will kind of dangle, but can be rigged to stay in the magazine slot. So the answer to that common question: "Will AK mags work in a galil?"

Is YES. But not well.

• 11 months later...

Really like the look of this weapon, I think it must get plenty of attention at skirmishes being just different enough from the standard AK to get some looks - but I'm wondering if there's any solution for the battery problem? Anyone got idea for smaller battery solution that wouldn't impact on the charging handle?

Beardy

I have this gun, and i have none of the problems you say above; the battery DOES fit in the upper reciever EASILY. As a result the cocking handle DOES move smoothly with a nice metallic CLANG as it closes. I have used many ak's and other airsoft guns, and i would say that this is probably the best chinese clone i have EVER used (within 5 mins of first playing with it, i had annihilated 5 of the enemy team, my teammates refusing to respawn because they were too busy enjoying watching me tagging them).

The grips are nylon, the real deal, and it makes a big difference to the ABS you find on normal plastic features. The only rattle is the frontgrip, which moves SLIGHTLY in its fitting.

The sights are brillient, with the flip up close range fore and rear sight (only problem here is the measurements of the sight are incorrect, as in the real galil the close range foresight can fold vertically down, where in this gun it can only reach a slanted angle).

Mags are admittadly a big problem; the magasine lip is different from the ak mags we are familiar with, and the catch in the mag well is narrower; the mag lip dosent exist across the whole breadth of the magwell. Normal AK mags DO fit in, but as the lip doesent lock they are easily knocked out!

As yet i have had no success with getting any suppliment magasines, but as far as im concerned 400 rounds go a long way with a gun this accurate (oh yeah, my opponants werent using clones... they still went down smile.gif ). this accuracy is probably because the whole build is rock solid; it feels like you are holding a lump of israili steel that will go through hell and back with you, i would be suprised if the barrel or working parts deviate much in cycling as the grouping is very good.

The paint isnt particularly amazing; it stratches very easy, but personally i hate having a brand new looking gun, especially something that isnt western smile.gif

I understand this post is very much in contrast with the first poster, but as far as i can see this gun is a phenominal acheivement for CYMA.

EDIT: apologies for very basic and subjective review, im just going off on holiday so i thought i might leave a basic rundown to set the scene correctly. will bring up pics, tests, you name it smile.gif

Edited by Vassily
  • 5 months later...

Resurecting an old thread here, but thought i would add onto here instead of starting a complete new thread.

Action hobbies are doing this gun for £150 at the moment due to the lack of magazines available for it as I contacted the shop by e-mail to ask if they had any spare mags and was informed that the reason the gun was so cheap was due to the lack of mags.

I then went in search of mags for this AEG as I was looking at the KA or ICS galil, but couldn't justify the high price tags for both as I lend to buy clone guns and tinker with them as and when required. I managed to find a supplier for the mags here;

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=sublist&cat=03&subcat=21&airsoft=Magazines

.....at a very reasonable 15 euro's each.

Just thought I would let other owners know this so they can get some if struggling to find any on other sites.

Resurecting an old thread here, but thought i would add onto here instead of starting a complete new thread.

Action hobbies are doing this gun for £150 at the moment due to the lack of magazines available for it as I contacted the shop by e-mail to ask if they had any spare mags and was informed that the reason the gun was so cheap was due to the lack of mags.

I then went in search of mags for this AEG as I was looking at the KA or ICS galil, but couldn't justify the high price tags for both as I lend to buy clone guns and tinker with them as and when required. I managed to find a supplier for the mags here;

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=sublist&cat=03&subcat=21&airsoft=Magazines

.....at a very reasonable 15 euro's each.

Just thought I would let other owners know this so they can get some if struggling to find any on other sites.

after you did the hard work of finding them (cheers matey) just went to order some mags , and see they"ve dropped the price to 12euro from 15euros each so i thought great but then discovered there asking 20euros(£17.22)P&P to the UK i all most choked ! i"m sorry but thats taking the p**s . but have read on another forum that cyma AK74 mags fit with a bit of modding , so going to get some 150"s from KHmountain and see . will post up how they turn out .