SVD Dragunov Picture Thread

Well. The JG "SVD" is just a ak with a longer barrel and a svd lookalike stock.

There is the Iraqi Tabuk http://www.murdoconline.net/pics/tabuk.jpg

Long barrel, takes ak mags, has a SVD style stock.

If you would build a Tabuk using the JG svd you should be able to get a pretty sweet gun. But a plain stock JG "SVD" is a big no no.

But if you like it, go ahead. I only play "hardcore milsim" and wouldnt bring a gun out to the field that has no RS equivalent.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know the JG SVD isn't accurate. I can list all the differences off the top of my head - THAT IS IRRELEVANT, AND NOT WHAT I ASKED. I'm asking if anyone likes it due to MAG COMPATIBILITY, nothing else.

No no one on out "team" with uses AKs also not realistic.

Not true, Sean has one.

no, since (even though it's in no way an SVD replica) the SVD doesnt use AK mags. so frankly, where's the point?

also, why not, you know, buy your own mags :P

The point is not having to buy extra mags for an AEG that you can't swap with AKs. I buy my own mags, too. It's just something the Armalite crowd likes to throw around - "Swap mags with your squad!". I don't see anyone complaining about the G36 magwell conversions... Besides the fact they suck, that is.

Yes, I know the JG SVD isn't accurate. I can list all the differences off the top of my head - THAT IS IRRELEVANT, AND NOT WHAT I ASKED. I'm asking if anyone likes it due to MAG COMPATIBILITY, nothing else.

yeah, and we answered 'no' :P

Sorry for OT question, but what kind of rig is that?

grad-2

@Ion :

Sori for late reply. yes its correct GRAD 2 and its local custom made from my comrade friend. It cost lest than 40 USD.

Tx Sir my_plague_666 for the answer.

Its funny to find GORKA S match with GRAD...I actually was looking with Smerh since GRAD 2 dont have any SVD pouches. :)

sori for OT...please continue

Edited by galih_INA
I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but does anyone see the JG SVD as a good thing, because it allows you to swap mags with your AK-using teammates?

To answer your question more accurately without being needlessly baited, the JG model isn't an SVD but a variation of an AK. The only thing that relates it to the SVD is the stock and handguard shapes.

The Tabuk and other nation's long barreled AK-variants would be a good example of something to base the JG on as a project. However nothing will ever make it change design into an SVD. A far better idea would to take an SVD model such as the Real Sword and modify it to take AK magazines, much like the G36 STANAG conversion.

The JG is an AK, so it's only magazine compatability with another AK.

Edited by Samm
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
well, the bipod might be quite cool in urban environments when you have a straight surface to place it on. IN wooden areas it is just a pain in the neck to handle the svd with it. I never use it in games.

But it looks cool, so i had to buy one hehe

I have played wit the bipods, they are quit good, perfect balance point for the SVD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got my own SVD to go with the rest of the gear:

IMG_1942.jpg

• 4 weeks later...