SVD Dragunov Picture Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The KA is a bolt action, the RS is semi-auto gearbox based.

The KA is reasonable without upgrades, not as accurate as a VSR, but better than some.

@Counterassassin:

How'd you paint the wood? I really like the look. Considering doing it to mine.

The KA is a bolt action, the RS is semi-auto gearbox based.

The KA is reasonable without upgrades, not as accurate as a VSR, but better than some.

Yes, I know the RS is an AEG and the KA is spring, I'm talking about the KA performance vs. the RS performance. Apples and Oranges I know, but still comparable.

i have recently bought an a&k druganov along with my housemate and we both want a rubber butt plate to reduce the bruising on our shoulders lol does any1 know were i can get hold of one? and a pic would be greatly appreciated :)

your shoulders bruise from cocking a springer? :huh:

if you dont want to spend that sort of money on a rubber butt pad just gaffa tape some dense foam to the buttplate, a stereotypically russian solution ;)

heres a pic of my dragunov as it is now:

0120002027.jpg

to see closer pics of the gas block if your asking yourself what was on it, see here:

http://www.airsoftbuilds.com/weapon.php?id=700

well, i only posted because i was happy with the work i put into mounting the front sight into the gas block. soon ill be mounting a rather large suppressor to complete the look im going for.

so no one *suitcases* their pants for my barrel hack job, i so have a spare, regular, full length barrel. you see, its cause i just have 2 of these things.

preliminary tests show that that its still accurate to the irons. but i wont know for sure until i step outside for a test shoot once i get my barrel from EdGi.

Edited by Horsem4n
your shoulders bruise from cocking a springer? :huh:

if you dont want to spend that sort of money on a rubber butt pad just gaffa tape some dense foam to the buttplate, a stereotypically russian solution ;)

after a whole day of skirrmishing with it it can bruise your shoulder lol cheers for the tip if we cant find anythin we will do that haha

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would also upload a picture of my A&K Dragunov, with custom paint job and camo wrap. Just to say my_plague_666 you can easily bruise your shoulder with this gun because of the force you need to cock it due to the cocking system, definitely the worst part of the gun for me blisters and bruises even with gloves on!

post-66332-1264952816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam9821

for an authentic 'fix' to the uncomfortable cocking lever might be to get hold of a spent casing (dunno where you'd find a 7.62x54R casing, so any old NATO 7.62 would do), ram that on the cocking handle, maybe fill it with epoxy before hand just so it stays put and hey presto, you'll have an extended and more comfortable cocking lever. i saw this on a photo of a knackered old AKS74U by the way, looked pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PSO-1C.jpg

That's a beautiful SVD :wub:

What's the dog-leg slot for on the front sleeve, does it extend?

I'll post a pic of mine (AtoZ V3) when I've done a bit of 'weathering' on it, it's far too shiny at the moment :blush:

I painted over the hideous fake wood finish with Satin Black, and I've started on a plywood stock and handguard set...

EDIT; Is it me, or is there a real scarcity of SVD/Dragunov info/topics on Arnies :huh:

Edited by Docv400