SVD Dragunov Picture Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this in another thread, but It Cant hurt to Have more pretty SVD pictures...

Got to meet up with a benefactor last night at the machine shop. Suprise Suprise in his trunk, a recently CA-legal converted SVD. Got a chance to play with it = OMG

A few Comparisons between the A&K SVD and a Norinco NDM-86

downsized_0804000241a.jpg

NDM-86

AtoZ with A&K Body

King Arms SVD

downsized_0804000242.jpg

Handguard comparison... The real ones have a slimmer profile and thicker cross section. Feel very good in the hands. This one is very blonde.

downsized_0804000242a.jpg

NDM-86 stock vs AtoZ... The real one is again thinner in profile, feels really good in hand. More solid and heavier. Shallower grip angle, very slight but you can feel it. Blonde.

downsized_0804000241b.jpg

Receiver Comparisons.

downsized_0804000242b.jpg

Russian Nightscope on the King arms. Does work but recticle is slightly askew.

General Observations...

Not bad for a $200 gun vs the $6500 real thing ( ok, its chinese, but thats better than a psl). The receiver on the airsoft one is heaver than the real one, as well as the top cover. Only small differences in terms of curves on the rear stock. Real trigger group fits into the A&K/KA body...

So, why were so many SVD's housed in a small machine shop? My benefactor and I want GBB Svd's...:D

Question regarding SVD's, Is there a 20mm RIS that can go on top of the reciever to allow regular scopes to be mounted? As far as bipods, can other types be mounted to them too? I know these things detract from the origonality of the SVD, but I would like those for mine if I buy one.

Question regarding SVD's, Is there a 20mm RIS that can go on top of the reciever to allow regular scopes to be mounted? As far as bipods, can other types be mounted to them too? I know these things detract from the origonality of the SVD, but I would like those for mine if I buy one.

You can buy a RIS side mount for SVD. I have heard some AK ones work, but I would try to get an SVD one. No idea on a supplier though, I like my eastern block scopes.

For the choice of bipods you can get the SVD bipod that clamps onto the revceiver indents.

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1802

Or a clamp on barrel model like this.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=855

Edited by WL-Matt

i didnt see this until now, but kalinka optics has cheapish scope mounts. they have 4 models, being high and low pro. 20mm mounts with and without side rails.

example:

this is the one i bought for my A&K

but it didnt quite fit the 1st gen A&K, so i had to grind down a couple areas of the mount.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...