SVD Dragunov Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers Lajjvo, my bro took the picture for me. I'm quite happy with my S&T only thing i need to try and sort is the front grip moves abit and real sword SVD mags didnt fit until i took a file to the front of them lol

Ooo does anyone know where to get real steel SVD polymer handguard or a reall svd wood grip let me know!

Cheers Lajjvo, yea they are real wood but id like a set that doesnt move around abit too much as 1 side of the wood is like a mm shorter than the other which doesnt help. Added some foam but ive seen a picture of a RS svd with polymer front grip and wood stock which i quite liked the look off!

I just thought of something a friend who's really into Russian kit told me. The story behind all those wooden stock svd's with polymer handguard is that the wood hanguard breaks easily. Mind you, it is probably way better than any airsoftwood (RealSword not included, don't know the quality of those). For airsoft use, I would guess that a set of RS handguards would do just fine, but polymer would be "better". And they look damn cool too! :D

S&T SVD

004-21.jpg

Refinished the wood to better match the real rifle. Also got my scope though received a Belorussian POSP instead of the Russian optic pictured on Ebay...Not much I can do about it though...Still looks good and is functional so I'm not too fussed about it.

Now if only we can get it shooting as good as it looks...It's shooting 3 bbs at a time and not very far at that.

Edited by chaoslord800

Guy's come one! Stop posting those SVD pictures.

I've promised myself not to buy any more airsoft related stuff for a while (moving into a new apartment etc) How the heck could I keep that promise when you tempt me with those smexy svd's... :D

LOL i've promised myself that too but it didnt work as soon as saw the S&T out! Chaolord what did you use on the wood to get it like that? That looks like the same POSP as mine, i didnt mind tho that its a belarus one as i got it for a good price on a ebay auction :D hmmm i havent really tested mine ive just chrono'ed it and it seems fine but i did replace the hop rubber with a systema one straight away. Next is to downgrade it as its hitting 440fps and i need under 328fps but shall hold off until my RS piston head, airnozzle comes, then it shall all get done at once with a AB mosfet aswell. ooo by the way soviet-propaganda said that they should be getting polymer handguards after the next year so awaiting for them to email me :D

Those S&T's are nice.

They seem to have a wee prob out the box of the hop unit not being tightened down enough, allowing it to move and thus double/triple feeding.

Tighten the screws on either side of the hop . Sorted!!

They also fit the night scopes quite nicely... which I have for sale ;)

I just used some minwax red oak stain on the stock and handguard WITHOUT removing the original finish. I've found this to be key...It takes a long time to dry but the end result is always worth it.

As far as my assessment of the gun I'd say it's more than a bargain given with what we've been provided as far as SVD AEGs have gone in the past (RS is too expensive for me). It just has its various niggles like any ACM gun.

I apologize for the double post but I cannot edit my previous one for some reason. I tightened down those screws, Clot, but am still getting double/triple feeds. I've noticed that the hop wheel itself is somewhat difficult for me to turn without using tools. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not getting a good enough grip on it (could be because of my sweaty hands) or because there's something else going on with the system. I've noticed it even when my hands are not sweaty :lol:

Edited by chaoslord800

Chaoslord did you loosen the grub screw at the front of the hopup? i think it pushes towards the hop wheel to give you the clicks

Same the RS i would have loved to have bought but they were out of stock most places plus the price tag isnt too low.. im happy enough with mine but shall have to do afew things like filing the RS mags to fit and get it out to see what i think but for the money is seems like a good buy!

Shall have to try and get some minwax red oak stain or something similar to it