Harry Patch - Last surviving WW1 veteran dies aged 111.

The Chef

As all the old vetarans of WW1 and WW2 die, I can't help but think that we're slowly inching our way towards a third world war.

Since there's nobody left to remember us of the horrors of a real all-out-war, who will stop our future leaders from brainwashing the youth of tomorrow that war is awesome, and we should grab as much land and resources as possible?

I was watching Band of Brothers only a few days ago. Shifty Powers seemed like a great guy, I enjoyed his interviews in it.

Off Topic: if nothing else, our Airsofting gives us a greater interest in war and a heightened sense of grief over the soldiers that are lost.

RIP Harry Patch.

I don't think his passing will have any influence on whether we wage war in the future though.

''It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practioner."

Cormac McCarthy

I've thought the same as Moriquende, the lessons these men have taught us must never be forgot or history will repeat itself.

Rest in peace

Good to hear that I'm not the only one who's slightly paranoid(if you can call it that?) about this sort of stuff. :)

Archived