Dboys full steel AKMS

If I put this in the wrong section, please move it. Thanks.

First impression:

NATHAN110.jpg

NATHAN111.jpg

Everything is packaged well, the gun itself was tucked in so tightly it didn't have room to move at all. Which is a good thing...

NATHAN112.jpg

Dboys was nice enough to include a sling, but this one is different from the dboys slings we all know and hate. This one has steel metal parts, and a fake OTK stamp on it.....I thought it was a nice touch.....but it also gives room for people to try and scam.....so burn this image in your head kids.....when you see a sling like this, with a stamp like this.....know that it's a knockoff.

NATHAN113.jpg

Moving along, the first thing I noticed was the very nasty pistol grip. As you can see it's not something to be proud of.

NATHAN114.jpg

The retaining lever isn't going anywhere (unlike previous dboys ak models)

NATHAN115.jpg

Here you can see the handguard cap bulging away from the lower, minus points on the looks department....but it can always be fixed.

NATHAN116.jpg

Cleaning rod was too loose for my taste, will have to be slightly bent so it doesn't slip out

NATHAN117.jpg

Nothing special here...

NATHAN118.jpg

Do I spy an izzy stamp? Why yes, yes I do.

NATHAN119.jpg

Mag catch doesn't fit MAG AKM mags, and barely fits STAR 105rd plastic mags. A BIG negative for me. They've made many models with a better mag catch....why not this one? Oh well, a bit of filing never hurt anyone. Also, you can see the clear hop up.

NATHAN120.jpg

Here's the biggest dissapointment for me....This is how far the stock came undone after I pushed the button and let gravity do the work.....I won't open past this point. It'll have to be fixed.

MORE COMING

Edited by azsworst

NATHAN121.jpg

The pistol grip is already starting to chip and break away, I'll be replaceing this..

NATHAN123.jpg

The gearbox has metal bushings.....I'll be cracking it open tomorrow for you guys to see...

NATHAN124.jpg

While still using the VFC style L shaped peice to hold the hop up in place, dboys also added a spring...

I've figured out the stock problem......I'll give the run down in a lil bit...

Tomorrow expect a range/accuracy report and a good look at the gearbox.

• 4 weeks later...
NATHAN119.jpg

Mag catch doesn't fit MAG AKM mags, and barely fits STAR 105rd plastic mags. A BIG negative for me. They've made many models with a better mag catch....why not this one? Oh well, a bit of filing never hurt anyone. Also, you can see the clear hop up.

use a dremmel to cut 1mm in the upper part of the mag catch. there were one of my ak with the same problem. ;)

So I found the culprit:

NATHAN125-1.jpg

The black arrow is showing the original peice that was gumming up the stock. See, the two metal nubs (sorry I couldn't be more descriptive) are riveted in place (rather poorly)....for some reason the black arrow peice came out. That was the original problem.

Now there is a new problem. The red arrow is pointing to what your push button actually screws into, however, it too is riveted very poorly. If you tighten your stock button too much IT WILL come right off (effectively making your stock latch useless). It can be replaced, and if I baby it....it will hold. But it will not stand up to normal use as it is now.

Does this make me happy? NO :Blackeyesmilie: :ak: >:( :whipped: :comeandgetsome:

Can it be fixed? Yes, yes it can. At first I thought "well I'll just put some epoxy on it, let it dry a few days and voila!".....but I'm afraid the epoxy wouldn't be able to hold permanetly.......so I plan on havin my buddy help me "fuse" the peices together. Once I do that, I'll post the final product.

Am I damn happy I got this gun? You bet lenins socks I do.

More coming

Did some shooting today:

Everything is a rough estimate, so don't quote me on accuracy debates...there was a slight breeze and I was using ECHO1 .28's

1 pace= about 3 feet

10 shots at 16 paces= about 48ft

NATHAN130.jpg

10 shots at 23 1/2 paces= about 70ft

NATHAN131.jpg

My gas block is also canted to the left :(

More coming

Took apart the gearbox:

NATHAN140.jpg

NATHAN142.jpg

NATHAN143.jpg

Apart from 7mm bearing, plastic ball bearing spring guide, and a blue piston head (first one I've seen in a china gun, nothing special about it but the color).....the gearbox is just like any other dboys......with a lot less grease.

Here's the peice that will break:

NATHAN127.jpg

NATHAN128.jpg

NATHAN129.jpg

And here's what the gun looks like now:

NATHAN145.jpg

More coming

Edited by azsworst

This is what keeps happening:

NATHAN137.jpg

NATHAN139.jpg

When you push your button, it pushes the thin bar with the three protrusions (sorry for being vauge......lets just call it the peice that broke) out. The illustration around the 'peice that broke' is what keeps your stock locked.

NATHAN125-2.jpg

What happens is the middle protrusion on the 'peice that broke' comes right out because it was riveted poorly. Then what happens is if you turn your gun on the right side.....the peice will come out, your stock wont work, and you have to disassemble your gun to get it out.

Here is what it looks like now:

NATHAN012.jpg

Ya whoever they have screwing on the front sight is a bit cockeyed LOL. Mine is just slightly canted to the right as well...good luck getting the grub screw loose to straighten it out. I stopped after I started to strip it.

Mine arrived today. 427 fps on average.

Also, the front sight is canted to the right too.

Regards