Unusual effects with my meu

Gerkahn

Hi guys,

Well simply put ive got a full metal meu using a hicapa frame so i have a larger gas capacity mag, the gun cycles great and most of the time the blowback is particularly strong, my problem is maybe twice in a mag when it is showing no sign of cool down the blowback will become weak and not necessarily cycle, and then immediately after go back to being strong?

any help greatly appreciated, ive tried a stronger hammer spring but i dont think that could be it as it shouldnt be doing it half way through etc

I did a full strip and cleaned it, wasnt alot there, and i threw in a spare blowback unit just incase, i dont think its my dyna piston head, and i cant figure why its acting like the hammer springs too weak, going to try packing it out a bit jsut to check

• 4 weeks later...

Problem solved afaik, by removing the piece the hammer strikes (the part that the allen bolt goes through into the bbu, i have solved the intermittent soft recoil, http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/popI...WCMEU-plate.jpg i found reference to it here, they have modified said part, but removing it gives the same result, i will get around to modifying mine at some point, i just thought id post the solution

Archived