American Women

stew_b_10

this is clearly old, but i found it hilarious all the same. hopefully wasnt posted already:

--------

FROM "THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER" IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

MARCH 5th, 2009

Last Thursday night around midnight, a woman from Houston, Texas was

arrested, jailed, and charged with manslaughter for shooting a man 6 times

in the back as he was running away with her purse. The following Monday

morning, the woman was called in front of the arraignment judge, sworn in,

and asked to explain her actions.

The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15

minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a waitress

at

a local cafe...I was there alone, so I had my right hand on my pistol, that

was in my purse that was hung over my left shoulder.

All of a sudden I was being spun around hard to my left. As I caught my

balance, I saw a man running away from me with my purse. I looked down at

my right hand and I saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my

pistol. The next thing I remember is saying out loud, "No way punk! You're

not stealing my pay check and tips." I raised my right hand, pointed my

pistol at the man running away from me with my purse, and squeezed the

trigger of my pistol 6 times!"

When asked by the arraignment judge, "Why did you shoot the man 6 times?"

the woman replied under oath, "Because, when I pulled the trigger of my

pistol the 7th time, it only went click."

The woman was acquitted of all charges. And she was back at work, at the

cafe, the next day.

--------

True story? Maybe, maybe not. but if it is, that guy picked the wrong woman.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the required class for my concealed carry permit, the instructor advised us that it's better to shoot someone while they are trying to break into your house. Once they get inside you must be threatened with deadly force to respond with gunfire. It was also implied that self-defense shooting cases run much more smoothly when the recipient of your bullets is not around to twist the facts.

I live in a much more civilized state now, where only criminals and cops carry guns.

Reminds me of an old anecdote I heard a few years ago.

An SAS member is being debriefed after a raid...

Officer: "Why did you shoot that terrorist 27 times?"

SAS Trooper's reply: "Because I ran out of bullets, sir."

Still makes me smile.

Josh

I will provide my answer for that one Cadet

Cheer that there is one less shitbag on the street...Facepalm that this woman did something that in most other jurisdictions would have landed herself in prison... And don't worry about the PC unless you plan on swiping a womans purse later haha

lulz, although I may wear a PC in public after going to the local shooting range... boy are there some bad shots out there and

Nah its ok, guy was black

....... :stop: .........

in case anyone was wondering, the guy in my avatar is me.

nice black jokes though. :mellow:

edit: all that is aside from the fact that that the style in the article is nothing like a news story. for example, sense when do reporters use exclamation points when quoting people? that would be interpretation, not fact, and therefore not permissible under normal circumstances i'm pretty sure.

in case anyone was wondering, the guy in my avatar is me.

nice black jokes though. :mellow:

edit: all that is aside from the fact that that the style in the article is nothing like a news story. for example, sense when do reporters use exclamation points when quoting people? that would be interpretation, not fact, and therefore not permissible under normal circumstances i'm pretty sure.

its okay stewb, ASC still loves black people, myself included. are you still on that site?

During the required class for my concealed carry permit, the instructor advised us that it's better to shoot someone while they are trying to break into your house. Once they get inside you must be threatened with deadly force to respond with gunfire. It was also implied that self-defense shooting cases run much more smoothly when the recipient of your bullets is not around to twist the facts.

I live in a much more civilized state now, where only criminals and cops carry guns.

In my state, we have a castle doctrine. So if someone breaks in (or somehow makes a copy of a key and comes through the front door), we can shoot him or her, without warning. Of course, I'm not so rude as to do that. I would offer them at least a small opportunity in time to lay down on the ground with their hands on the back of their heads.

Also: As Mas Ayoob says, don't kill the BG if you don't have to. Because if you do you'll be in a world of hurt greater than the one that previously existed (because modern forensics has advanced to the point where they can tell that a bullet passed through the BG's skull into the ground at a downward angle after you shot them while they were on their knees).

You guys must be kidding: that is straight-out murder. The guy was running away, he didnt pose a threat to her, she coldbloodedly decided to murder him. Where's the death penalty now?

You see, the problem in the US isnt guns: its psychos like you, who love people getting killed.

i would agree with you chas, if the guy wasnt a criminal. Nowadays prison and such things dont deter criminals. So maybe the occasional shooting will!

i used to care when i saw things like this but its got to the point (especially in the UK). Where you read about serial offenders getting off with barely any sentance for serious crime or just not carign about what they do get. I think the law abiding citizen rights are far more important then people who break the law in this way. Druggies/dealers couldnt care, car tax dodger couldnt care ect ect but when your crimes effect someone else and it doesnt stop you,like mugging, rape, peadophiles, theft, Cant say i have any sympothy at all for those people.

Archived