10 Favourite Laws

xRAZERx

In no particular order

1. Wanton and Furious Cycling (S.47 Offences against the Person Act 1861)

2. It is illegal for a Member of Parliament to enter the House of Commons wearing a full suit of armour

3. In HEREFORD You can shoot a Welsh person all day, but only on Sunday, with a Longbow, in the Cathedral Close.

4. In SCOTLAND If someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your commode, you must let them enter.

5. Chelsea Pensioners may not be impersonated.

6. It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

7. London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats. And the driver must produce them on the request of a constable, bell hop, or uniformed park keeper.

8. In SCOTLAND It is illegal to be a drunk in possession of a cow.

9. Throughout the whole of England it is illegal to eat mince pies on the 25th of December.

10. Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin.

My favourite laws, hmmm, lets see. Oh yeah:

1. I am the law.

2. I am the law.

3. I am the law.

4. I am the law.

5. I am the law.

6. I am the law.

7. I am the law.

8. I am the law.

9. I am the law.

10. I am the law.

*See xRAZERx glaring at me. Runs!*

Can't really think of 10, but the two that I do remember (and I'm sure I've mentioned them before) are:

1. In Shrewsbury (yay!) it is perfectly legal to shoot a Welshman - as long as it is on a Sunday and with a bow and arrow.

2. Somewhere in Kentucky (I think), it is illegal to sell a duckling that has been dyed blue, unless you are offering more than 6 for sale simultaneously.

1) Alaska: It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

2)Chico, Calfornia: Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

3)In Wichita, Kansas, at the intersection of Douglas and Broadway, all motorists are required to stop at the intersection, exit their vehicles, and fire three shotgun rounds, before continuing on their way.

4) In Merryville, Missouri, women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."

5)Under the Maryland State Constitution, it's prohibited to build a time machine without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.

Hey.. again

in Thailand you cant leave your house if your not wearing any underwear!

in Australia it is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.

and here's some good ones from the USA

- Alabama

- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

- Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

- It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

California

- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Florida

- When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.

- It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

Kansas

- Prohibits shooting rabbits from a motorboat.

Nabraska

- It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.

New York

- It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.

North Dakota

-It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on

Texas

-It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

-It is illegal to milk another person's cow.

Wisconsin

- You must manually flush all urinals in a building.

-Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in state prisons.

is this actually true ?

if so, i MUST remember it.

i must.

just incase.

You see it quite a bit (though I don't tend to stare :P) at outdoors events, like airshows, etc, where the walk to the lavs can be pretty sizeable.

You see it quite a bit (though I don't tend to stare :P) at outdoors events, like airshows, etc, where the walk to the lavs can be pretty sizeable.

Ah, that would explain why the car was seemed cleaner when we returned from walking around at the Air Tattoo a few years back :P

I should think it was originally intended for those who needed to relieve themselves on a long journey, and it's as relevant today as it's ever been :) Though most folk would rather skirt the law and sneak off behind a tree than do it in full view of stationary M6 traffic :P

Can't really think of 10, but the two that I do remember (and I'm sure I've mentioned them before) are:

1. In Shrewsbury (yay!) it is perfectly legal to shoot a Welshman - as long as it is on a Sunday and with a bow and arrow.

There`s that killerstare again... stop looking at havoc_man ... the world needs him!

Archived