Poor rof.... any ideas?

madwelshman

Anyone got any ideas? I think I know why, but want a "second opinion" or many!

Bought a cheapsoft for my housemate, a dboys/jg mix of bits, M4 style variant, and the rate of fire is shocking!

Now looking at the wires, they look very thin, and they are stiff, not like nice quality flexy silicone ones on my ca ect. Its running on 8.4v new battery, but made no difference to the rof.

Now I put my ICS turbo motor in it, made no difference, still sounds sluggish, same motor in my CA M15a1 and it sounds like twice the rof!

would wiring make that much difference? I'd rather hit the field with my M1911 than take this out as a backup gun....

Only really started head scratching, when I bought 2 guns today, both TM's on 8.6v's and they both are close to matching my CA, and put this M4 to shame...

Any advice would be really appreciated, much love!

Yes, wires DO make that muck of a difference. Just upgrading wires I've had an M4 running at stock marui rates... With a mini 4.2v pack.

Get that crud out of there, and replace it with some decent wire, and preferably deans connectors. Also, check the FPS; remember a lot fo clones come shooting at 450+ fps, and pulling a spring that big will kill the ROF on ANYTHING.

Also, don't use a cheapsoft battery, the quality is junk.

One last thing; it's an 8.4v pack, not 8.6v ;)

lol, my bad, staring at my 9.6v whilst I was typing! (its been a long day!)

Yep, tore out the poop wires, regreased the box, wired in an extremefire sw ab long and HOLY COW!! this peice of tat now almost puts my CA to shame! and thats on 9.6!

Mosfets are the future!!!

Cheers for the advice mate!

Wiring and MOSFETs essentially help the electrical side of things become more efficient (with good wiring and a good mosfet theorectically you get 100% efficiency, or nearish).

The next thing to look at is the bridge between electrics and mechanicals - the motor. If the motor is gash there's not much to do with it except replace it.

Now I put my ICS turbo motor in it, made no difference, still sounds sluggish, same motor in my CA M15a1 and it sounds like twice the rof!

would wiring make that much difference? I'd rather hit the field with my M1911 than take this out as a backup gun....

Only really started head scratching, when I bought 2 guns today, both TM's on 8.6v's and they both are close to matching my CA, and put this M4 to shame...

Any advice would be really appreciated, much love!

First off, the Terry Tibbs "much Love" is now copy writ-ed so, easy there. :D

There are loads of topics on rof, so do some searching.

18swg+ wire, mosfet & deans connectors will make about the same difference as adding a cell to your battery, ie, 8.4v with wire etc will give a better rof than a 9.6v without.

I have to question your choice of motor? I love the ICS Turbo (assuming you mean the 3000) but see it as a great value 'high torquer'. I'd only use it with 120+ springs for high fps (over 400fps), never in high rof set ups. There are much quicker motors out there.

Greg.

Yes, wires DO make that muck of a difference. Just upgrading wires I've had an M4 running at stock marui rates... With a mini 4.2v pack.

One last thing; it's an 8.4v pack, not 8.6v ;)

:P

What battery do have that outputs 4.2v?

*SNIP*

18swg+ wire, mosfet & deans connectors will make about the same difference as adding a cell to your battery, ie, 8.4v with wire etc will give a better rof than a 9.6v without.

*SNIP*

Surely that is a no brainer as a 9.6v battery without wire can't power anything? :P

Surely that is a no brainer as a 9.6v battery without wire can't power anything? :P

Ha-Ha :lol:

Took me a few seconds to work out what you meant!

That's classic. My initial reaction was to edit but I figure I'll leave it so others can have a laugh.

Nice one. :D

Greg.

...I have to question your choice of motor? I love the ICS Turbo (assuming you mean the 3000) but see it as a great value 'high torquer'. I'd only use it with 120+ springs for high fps (over 400fps), never in high rof set ups. There are much quicker motors out there.

There are, but sticking a High Torque motor in an otherwise standard AEG will give a pretty decent ROF increase.

An HT motor is obviously designed to 'pull' a high(er) power spring, if it's pulling a standard one it'll spin over much faster.

What battery do have that outputs 4.2v?

Half an 8.4V one :P ... so 3.5 cells :huh:

He maybe meant 4.8V ?

Pah, 4.8v it is... I supose it's only fair for me to slip up with pack voltages too, eh? ^_^

In any case, it's half of a sanyo 600mAh mini pack, outfitted with deans. The M4 that ran with it has, unfortunately, since been fettled with, had the power increased, and had the wiring replaced with thinner stuff (The wire I had in there was just too thick to be practical), meaning it'll run slower with it; but it'll still run on 4.8v with no problems.

Just shows what you can do with decent wiring and a decently tuned box ;)

Oh, and there's never been a MOSFET in that gun... :D

Archived