TM FN Five-seveN GBB

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Picked up one of these last week.

I can indeed confirm that it has a harder kick than my TM HiCapa's :)

I've used nothing but green gas in it and must have fired around 1000 shots through it already :D

Accuracy is very good, with 10 shots, I was consistently hitting a 2" circle at 10m using a 1 hand grip with around 1 sec between shots.

Tom.

Thumbs up then i take it ?

Definetely gonna get one of these: I bought the Marushin one ( as the 5-7 is my favourite pistol, evar) when it came out and was brutally disappointed. Only thing is, finding a holster that ISN'T a crappy nylon one, and can take a light!

can't help u for holsters that take a light, but there are 5-7 SERPAs.

How do the mags fit in pouches, do most molle mag pouches squeeze it in, or is something bigger needed? Any thoughts?

Yeah, this is going to be a pain. They don't fit cqc stuff but may squeeze into the fabric types.

BHI do make a serpa for it, so I'm guessing they will offer a mag pouch to suit.

Greg.

Fired a few shots through one yesterday.

No definitive stuff, re accuracy, only used .2's & didn't shoot any specific targets. seemed fine though. I'd love to stick some .3's in it & shoot some paper.

Using green & .2's it chronoed between 337fps(first shot) & 326fps(last shot). :o

Ambient temp was 21 degrees C. In comparison, an out of the box Marui Hi-capa 4.3 chronoed between 287 & 275.

Mmmmmmmmm. :mellow:

Greg.

I've just bought mine from A2 after greg got me tempted. The ****.

It's beautiful. On green it kicks like a donkey. It seems to me that it's the guts of a Desert Eagle in fashionable clothes. The mags are enormous, but they will take a full 75 odd rounds to empty of gas.

This is from the 3rd or 4th mag through, so the hop's not really bedded in yet. KSC perfect .3s, HFC green gas, 10 metres with me wobbling around in a weaver stance.

image001.jpg

Edited by galactica
any reports as to what type of pouches the mags fit in?

not any pouch i've got, so far...desert eagle pouches, yeah.

These people do Kydex pouches

http://www.hillsmanholster.com/FN_5-7.html

Also

http://www.comholsters.com/mags.php

Pricey, but should last for a good while. Haven't seen any fabric ones. BHI and Fobus do kydex holsters for them.

An interesting thing to note is that the auto slide release works EXCELLENTLY on this replica. Better than any other I have tried before. It doesn't snap closed when you bump the frame or while you are inserting the magazine, but perfectly shuts when you insert a fresh magazine. The auto slide release even works with the weapon held upside-down, as the spring tension is actually balanced. The slide lock has a spring which holds it down when the follower isn't up, meaning it won't lock from the recoil or even upside-down, however, the follower spring is balanced so that it is just stronger than the slide release spring, so when you fire that last round, the slide release spring is overcome, and the slide is locked quite crisply.

Here, you can see a picture of the gun being held upside down without a magazine. Notice how the slide release is ALL the way down, as opposed to hanging slightly like most others.

img_7350.jpg

The blowback unit is also quite large. Here you can see it compared to the 1911's.

img_7378.jpg

Those whom are asking about the length of the trigger pull, here is the trigger fully forward...

img_7384.jpg

and fully pulled...

img_7385.jpg

The magazines are, indeed, very large. Here you can see a comparison shot of the mag. From left to right, Detonics, Five-seveN, STANAG, and Uzi.

img_7368.jpg

Of course, the obligatory family photo...

img_7397.jpg

More pics here: http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=208992

Edited by X Lupin
I've just bought mine from A2 after greg got me tempted. The ****.

It's beautiful. On green it kicks like a donkey. It seems to me that it's the guts of a Desert Eagle in fashionable clothes. The mags are enormous, but they will take a full 75 odd rounds to empty of gas.

This is from the 3rd or 4th mag through, so the hop's not really bedded in yet. KSC perfect .3s, HFC green gas, 10 metres with me wobbling around in a weaver stance.

How big is that target? & how big is the grouping?

Greg.

about 2.5" grouping I suppose. Fairly rapid fire. If the weather holds I might try using a rest today and see what comes out. Still need to put a good few more rounds through yet to get it going properly.

That's pretty good shootin'.

Funny how the mags are huge, but the grip don't feel that huge. I find things like hi-capas a little too big for my hands, yet this thing felt ok.

I think the extra power will be great for places like Epsom or UKAP where the cold leaves most Maruis a little lack luster.

& I love that it does so many rounds on a fill.

How many rounds in the mag?

Guessing between 25 & 30, so at least 2 reloads per gas fill?

Excellent, as this means just a speed loader & no additional gas for pistol games. :D

If I can get booking confirmation, I'm taking the KSC to Epsom tomorrow, should be a hoot.

Greg.

That's pretty good shootin'.

Funny how the mags are huge, but the grip don't feel that huge. I find things like hi-capas a little too big for my hands, yet this thing felt ok.

I think the extra power will be great for places like Epsom or UKAP where the cold leaves most Maruis a little lack luster.

& I love that it does so many rounds on a fill.

How many rounds in the mag?

Guessing between 25 & 30, so at least 2 reloads per gas fill?

Excellent, as this means just a speed loader & no additional gas for pistol games. :D

If I can get booking confirmation, I'm taking the KSC to Epsom tomorrow, should be a hoot.

Greg.

I just measured it, it's more like 3" :)

There's 24, 26 if you squeeze 'em in real tight (i don't like to) - but there is a genuine 3 reloads per fill. w00t!

You're gonna have to run that baby on 134 down there ain't ya? I'm going down in a couple of weeks too to give this and my leccy MP7 a good outing.