TM FN Five-seveN GBB

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

By the way: Everyone interested in a hard shell/Kydex holster for Fiveseven. At the moment I know three options:

• Blackhawk Serpa (own it myself, nice fit for the Marui 5-7)

• Blade-tech Duty holster

• and recently found: Fobus Roto (so as flexible and attachable system as Serpa)

http://www.extremesportinggear.com/gs45647.html

+1 to what SamJacksonFan said above

I have a Blackhawk CQC holster and I have to say it does fit like a glove, I've also got this Fobus holster and its a perfect fit too.

I've been using green gas in mine since I got it and have had no problems at all :)

Tom.

I got one of these recently, and I have to say this has the strongest stock recoil of pretty much any airsoft pistol I've fired. I've been using it with green gas and only put 100 rounds through it so far but it's a blast to shoot and super loud.

Got to say I'm positively surprised in mine:

I run mine on Cybergun APS3 Wintergas and Bioval BBBMAX .27 and it sure gives a nice kick!

With this combination I shot 2 guys peeking trough a door ( half of their face exposed ) in the face from a room and a half away ( all our inner doors are removed ). That's ehh... I think 7-9 meters.

But oh Lawd! Such welts! The one guy practically had a second chin! heh

First, we all feared a guy with 2 TM DE's and 6.03 barrels/prommy hops.

Now they fear me too...with a stock TM ^^

Wuv it

• 2 weeks later...

I opened mine up today & found that the inner barrel length is 101mm.

Interestingly, due to the construction, a 97mmx6.03mm lalax Glock barrel fit fine. So, if ya can't wait for a proprietary one, this could be the answer.

Works ok, not much difference from the original. A little more accurate, maybe.

Here's the thing:

It looks like, if you drill the outer barrel through, a 112mm hi-cappa barrel should fit perfectly.

If I get a chance later, I'll give it a go & let ya'all know.

Greg.

So, later has gone & passed.

I drilled the outer with an 8.5mm drill.

The lalax 112mm hi-cappa barrel protruded by about 1mm. Nothing a few minutes with the dremmel didn't sort.

The lalax inner is now flush with the outer & being silver, like the outer, blends in well.

The gun shoots well, noticeably beyond 50m. On a still day, I dare say it would give the ksc usp match a run for it's money. I look forward to putting that to the test.

The chrono results were pleasing too, 15 more fps! Oo-la-la. :D

So, there you have it, for those of us that want to maximize the gun's potential, job done.

You have to wonder why Marui would chose 101mm, specifically, in a barrel that will take upto 111mm.

What I mean is, this is a specific length, for this gun only, isn't it? Surely they could have just used a 97mm Glock inner, or something else that would fit? Why make a new specific size?

Greg.

Edited by greg
1, greg, you're some kind of golden god!

2, wanna do that to mine!

3, What do you say we prise open my KWA MP7, check out the barrel's hop opening, and take a tightbore M4 barrel and dremel a suitable aperture for the hop out of it? save waiting for the manufacturers to get round to it....

1, No, I've just got a cold. Not working, so loads of time to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THINK! Found out that the Marui Glock 26 advance barrel is 107mm, so wont need shaving back ;) . God knows where you'd get one from. Every one has hi-capa barrels. ;)

2, It'll cost ya! :D

3, Mm. Yep, been thinking that one over too. Madbull would be the best bet: Cheap & being ally, they are the easiest to work with. Second choice is lalax, not so cheap, a little harder (stainless) but no coating to worry about. I've successfully chopped loads of barrels, but never cut the hop notch etc. Looking at the parts diagram, this one could be a *badgeress*, it looks like just getting to the barrel will be a chore, so I've been putting this off.

Bad time of year for me, very busy.

However, if we go another month without any coming on the market..........................

Just did the mag valve thing on it; jumps out of your hand every time you pull the trigger!

Sending the top slide & cqc off, to be hydrographiced, realtree green, might even get it back in time for Christmas. :D

Greg.

Edited by greg
Mag valve thing to make it jump out of your hands? Please do explain...

Yeah, if you extract the mag valve, you will see it has 4 small holes around the side of the body.

Now look at any 'upgrade' valve & you will see that there are just two, large ones instead. This allows for larger gas flow.

So, using a dremmel, you can achieve the same effect, by joining two sets of the holes. The effect varies from gun to gun. Normally, blow back & therefore cycle rate, is increased & you can expect anywhere between 5 & 20 more fps.

If you have a mag valve removal tool, dremmel, steady hand, good eye & 5 minutes, you will never have to buy another upgrade valve. ;)

Do a search for details, as I'm sure there will be a 'how-to' pictorial somewhere.

Greg.

did you put a heavier spring in yours to counteract the extra power you're putting into it? Valves are next on my list and I noticed there are 130% recoil springs available, which would be useful if theres a danger of the slide cracking..?

No.

I doubt there will be the usual slide crack problems: Take a close look at the slide construction, Marui have done something very special. While the slide is mainly plastic, there is a small replaceable metal part, where the mag release catch, snatches the slide on lock back.

This is the first time I've seen this & have to say it's very clever. You will know, that this is the week area on most placcy slides. So, to reinforce just this area, with a replaceable part, makes a huge amount of sense. The interface between the slide stop & slide is now metal, as if you had a metal slide & if either of the parts wear, they can be replaced.

I am considering making a small rubber cushion, at the end of the internal rail just above the trigger. This will help reduce shock to the front of the slide, much like a heavier recoil spring. This will depend if there is enough room & if it can be done without effecting lock back.

The blow back on this gun is powerful but slow. The reset, is comparatively fast. A stiffer recoil spring will speed the reset up even further, but slow the blow back down. I know this is swings & roundabouts, but I'd prefer to leave the stock recoil spring: Blowback is faster, due to the mag valve thing & reset is at an acceptable level. ;)

Greg.

Edited by greg
Just bought a couple of the stainless steel outer barrels for mine yesterday from E-hobby. $26.00 (US) not too bad. Other than that, mine are staying stock.

Just out of interest, why the stainless outers?

Are they any better than the stock ally one?

Greg.

Csn't see much point in the stainless over the stock barrel myself...

The slide design is quite interesting - seems very well thought out. Think I'll leave the spring stock for now and see how it holds - can always replace it later if im wrong.

Did some cold weather shooting yesterday (supposedly 8 degrees) No problems with cool down and was still shooting quite straight with little noticeable drop in accuracy. Got full 3 reloads, from one fill of gas (green). And shot Bibby at least 3 times with it... Chronoed at 230 with .25g.

G