TM FN Five-seveN GBB

I just ordered a 70% and 130% spring, a black threaded outerbarrel and a PDI Pistonhead for my FN57

My goal is to make it even more cold resistant with a 70% spring and a PDI 6.01 6" innerbarrel trough silencer and the better seal of a PDI pistonhead ( I hope... )

In summertime I'll use the 130% spring with a normal length PDI 6.01 innerbarrel for some more boom.

A Creative alu inner slide is on it's way too. Now I'm just waiting for a Guarder FDE slide to be available.

A crono is in the order too so I'll update this and the winter GBB thread if anyone is interested.

I"m trying to learn the most I can about GBB guns and was wondering how the different percentages of the springs correlate to performance? Is it the lower the spring the "softer" it is and therefore MORE recoil? I am looking to maximize recoil and possibly fps.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_produc...roduct=1536#top

I don't know if anyone else posted this already on another thread but these are different color 5-7 "shells" with accurate FN-Herstal trades!! The OD is look'n pretty sweet to me!! Now all they need is a GBB P90!!!

fn5705od01.jpg

Edited by jotohomomoto
we were talking about them just a few posts up... Still no release info on them, but UNCO claims to be getting them when they do come out.

I got this pic from Intrudershop

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/categories_...;idproduct=1543

The price is USD$60

Its kind of weird to order you have to push the credit card button at the bottom!!!! You don't get a "cart."

FAXSMALLPIC.jpg

Edited by jotohomomoto

Intrudershop is Guarder's storefront in Taiwan. They want you to fax your order in I don't think they ship internationally.... although I guess you could toss them an email...

I'm going to try to emial an order for a brown frame and OD slide and see what they say.

Edited by frogfish

OK so Intrudershop responded to me, they would be happy to sell me the items via a bank transfer which I don't want to do. They said they would prefer if I ordered from a US distributor so I'm trying to contact AEX to see if they will special order them for me.

Edited by frogfish
OK so Intrudershop responded to me, they would be happy to sell me the items via a bank transfer which I don't want to do. They said they would prefer if I ordered from a US distributor so I'm trying to contact AEX to see if they will special order them for me.

They don't accept Visa or PayPal? There's no recourse with Bank Transfers so if something goes wrong you're SOL, correct? Did they give you any American distributors? Perhaps I will email them myself! :)

Intudershop just sent me an email that said they accept credit cards/visa and said that it would be fine to order from them. They didn't say anything about American distributors. Shipping is $18 to the USA via EMS. here is part of the email:

The total amount of your order is :

OD Green FiveseveN shells USD 60 x 1 + EMS transportation fee USD 18 = total 78 USD

A credit card payment is acceptable.

Attached the credit card payment form,

please complete the table and fax to us.

Please note that a credit card payment would take longer to confirm (7 work days after we receive your fax)

and the goods will only be released after the confirmation of the payment.

to save the waiting time, wire transfer is also recommend.

Just brought home a 5-7 today at a bargain I couldn't resist: discounted at roughly $155 with extra magazine already included! Damn you Greg, it's all your fault. :P

Kinda scary firing it using green gas though (it's 31°C right now). The recoil feels like something is bound to break, but at least there's the Guarder polycarb kits around IF the stock ones do give way.

yeah I think they are getting a lot of inquiries about these.

I emailed AEX with absolutely no response. Typical.

I'm half tempted to order via credit card and fax, but I don't know where I can go that will let me send an international fax.... I really want a brown lower and OD slide,

Joto what part of the country you in, maybe we could spit the order I can send you paypal... PM me...

wooohooo, Just got back from work and don't you know I had a little package waitiing for me!! This is my FIRST Tokyo Marui!!! and I think I picked a good one to start. I know this is a bit redundant, but does anyone know the best way to remove the orange paint?

try some solvent like that used to clean nails and cotton.

it worked on my metal kit, don't know about plastic materials.

Edited by s85sss

I couple of observations after skirmishing with the gun for the first time:

Do any of you have problems with the mag catch? I've noticed some material being scraped off the plastic mag catch much to the point that the very corner is already rounded. I'm not having any engagement slack yet as it's still fairly new though I do like to practice tactical reloads. I'm wondering if this is going to be as troublesome as the plastic catches on Glocks which wear down pretty easily.

Second is that I encounter some light strikes when I draw the weapon from holster (or pointed down long enough) and shoot almost immediately. It only really happens this way, can't figure out why really. If I hold the gun level for a few seconds it fires normally on the first round till last.

I couple of observations after skirmishing with the gun for the first time:

Do any of you have problems with the mag catch? I've noticed some material being scraped off the plastic mag catch much to the point that the very corner is already rounded. I'm not having any engagement slack yet as it's still fairly new though I do like to practice tactical reloads. I'm wondering if this is going to be as troublesome as the plastic catches on Glocks which wear down pretty easily.

Second is that I encounter some light strikes when I draw the weapon from holster (or pointed down long enough) and shoot almost immediately. It only really happens this way, can't figure out why really. If I hold the gun level for a few seconds it fires normally on the first round till last.

I haven't had any of those problems. I did have problems with the bb's getting stuck in the magazine but after I lubed the bb feeder and ran a couple of mags the problem cleared up. Also, when I fill the mag with propane, gas leaks from the fill valve, but the gun doesn't leak otherwise. I was thinking maybe this is because the gun was meant for 134-A instead of propane. Is there any good remedy for this? I don't like wasting expensive green gas but propane I don't care.

That's just with the design of Tokyo Marui fill valves. They're supposed to be able to tell you when the mag is full when liquid spurts out instead of gas. A waste if you ask me, most users just put an o-ring around the valve turning it into a silent fill one. You can salvage the o-ring from the bottom of disposable lighters, or make your own by rolling a length of PTFE tape on a 2mm precision screw driver, cut 1mm thick donuts out of them and install them like o-rings.

That's just with the design of Tokyo Marui fill valves. They're supposed to be able to tell you when the mag is full when liquid spurts out instead of gas. A waste if you ask me, most users just put an o-ring around the valve turning it into a silent fill one. You can salvage the o-ring from the bottom of disposable lighters, or make your own by rolling a length of PTFE tape on a 2mm precision screw driver, cut 1mm thick donuts out of them and install them like o-rings.

THANKS!!! thats very re-assuring. At first I was very disenchanted by my first Tokyo Marui experience. TM always held this legendary status with me and then I immediately starting having these rudimentary problems. Now, after breaking the gun in a little, proper lube, and the fill-valve situation explained, TM has resurrected its legendary status with me. :D

When I first field stripped the gun, I noticed how well designed and manufactured it was. All the beauty in the world means nothing if the gun doesn't shoot well. Now, I have a beautiful, hard-recoiling, well-shooting gun. I just hope that propane won't destroy it pre-maturely.

When i was shopping for real steel pistols I remember stumbling on the FiveseveN and immediately fell in love with it. I like Glocks (polymer guns in general) and with the FiveseveN's proprietary round able to peirce armor and its compatibility with the P90, the gun was perfect. Until I saw the price tag was like $1200!! I went ahead and got a $500 Glock instead! ;) I will have to settle with an airsoft FiveseveN in the meantime. Plus, the airsoft 5-7's recoil is comprable to the real steel because of its special round. :)

Might be a stupid question but how does the auto slide release work? Because if i insert the loaded mag with just 3 bb's slowly it will not work but if i slam it quickly it does.

I think thats the way the auto-slide release works. Mine does the same thing. When I put clips in other guns the slide doesn't automatically reset like this one. I don't think I would've even known if i didn't read this thread. I'm loving this gun more and more everyday.

I've seen several tightbore barrels for the 5-7 and was wondering if anyone had any recomendations?

Until I saw the price tag was like $1200!!

They've settled down to a reasonable $1000, most places in the US at least and some as low as $890. Over here, a brand spanking new FN Five-seveN will cost you (and I'm not exaggerating on this, I've seen the tag) approximately $4500, about the same as a decent second hand car. Ammunition is $1.75 each. With those prices, I'm surprised why firearms are even legal to own. <_<

Was reading more on the deforming and eventually snapping aluminum outer barrels, seems it's more common than we thought:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.ph...8974&page=5

Funny how the parts made of metal are the first ones to go. There's mention of a French forum where a lot of the cases were reported, however no link to it was made. I checked mine just now and there's already considerable wear despite having only gone through like 10 mags. Then again, its averaging 30 C during the day lately. I've applied the silicon gasket preemptive solution just now, will find out in a couple weeks maybe if it works. When my outer barrel decides to fly out during use, I'll know the fix didn't work and I'd be in need of a stainless outer one. -_-

edit:

@jotohomomoto

the wear is on the notches of the hop chamber (part that holds inner barrel) and the side holes of the outer barrel (where it's pinned to the hop chamber). There are pics at the middle of the thread of the said areas.

Edited by renegadecow