TM FN Five-seveN GBB

Just a heads up: Guarder polycarb slide and frame are now available at UNco, other stores to probably follow. No need to buy direct from Guarder as their sales method seems a bit dodgy. Two new colors available for the frame too: blue and transparent.

http://www.uncompany.com/

*under new products

edit

Apparently EHobby has the new slide and frames too. Found out after purchasing a stainless outer barrel. Shoulda tossed one in the basket to save on shipping if I had known :(.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Probably buying a OD frame/slide combo.

Might anyone be interested, I'm looking into upping the FPS of this 5-7.

I have opted to increase the barrel a bit and hiding this into a silencer, but no go.

The First outer barrel with 14mm + adapter is Alu and will be too weak when drilled trough to make a longer inner barrel fit.

Hopefully a Guarder steel threaded barrel would fix this.

Also I've installed that Creation Alu Innerslide... Kicks even more :). That's all it does though.

I have yet to see any effect of the PDI 6.01 Palsonite in to gun too. Hopefully I can tell you more by tomorrow.

Now, waiting for Guarder to release a 150% hammer spring to get the full effect of the Green gas I'm using. (I'm getting 280 FPS now )

I have opted to increase the barrel a bit and hiding this into a silencer, but no go.

The First outer barrel with 14mm + adapter is Alu and will be too weak when drilled trough to make a longer inner barrel fit.

Also I've installed that Creation Alu Innerslide... Kicks even more :). That's all it does though.

I have yet to see any effect of the PDI 6.01 Palsonite in to gun too. Hopefully I can tell you more by tomorrow.

Now, waiting for Guarder to release a 150% hammer spring to get the full effect of the Green gas I'm using. (I'm getting 280 FPS now )

RCC makes a enhanced recoil spring set.

I'm trying to put together a complete list of upgrades for the 5-7, if anybody would like to contribute from something I have missed, feel free. Here's what I have so far.

Guarder Polycarbonate Slide and Frames

Creation Metal Inner Slide

Nineball SAS Threaded outer barrel (Black)

Nineball Outer barrel (Black)

Nineball 6.03 Tightbore

Nineball POM Recoil Ring

PDI Piston head

PDI 6.01 Tightbore Barrel

PDI 6.01 Palsonite Tightbore Barrel

RCC Power up bulb (Floating valve)

RCC Outer barrel with Thread adaptor (Removable)

RCC Recoil Spring sey (70% and 130%)

MAG Replacment Spring Set

MAG Stainless Steel outerbarrel

Firefly Cylinder Set (Floating valve, I think)

Carom Shot 6.02 Tightbore

Carom Shot Stainless Outerbarrel

KM 6.04 Tightbore

All standard TM Bucking and High Flow valves are compatible.

Blackhawk Serpa Holsters are also available. Not sure what Pistol Pouches will work with this.

• Like 1

280 is too low, is that because of the creation thing? Mine was 330 in stock form and is now 360 with a PDI 6.01.

Has anyone gotten their hands on the guarder slide and frame?

Hows the fitment? Hows the quality compare to the stock Tokyo Marui slide and frame? Is it actually Polymer or did Guarder just say its polymer but its really ABs?

Im really wanting a 5-7 and to upgrade one, but I am curious on these subjects before I take the plunge.

Anyone having a problem with their mags making the slide stick on the return?

I used Blaster Devil .28`s in mine, 1 mag works perfectly the other will fie fine but on the return it sticks, seemingly stopping just as its supposed to push the BB into the chamber.

Fix is to give it a light bop on the back of the slide and I can fire but having to do this with every round gets annoying.

Anyone had this and know of a fix?

Also, my 5-7 is stock, allways run on Green and Im yet to have any other issues other than the above.

Would like the Guarder Polycarb kit but I have no idea how to take apart the pistol to the level required.

Anyone having a problem with their mags making the slide stick on the return?

I used Blaster Devil .28`s in mine, 1 mag works perfectly the other will fie fine but on the return it sticks, seemingly stopping just as its supposed to push the BB into the chamber.

Fix is to give it a light bop on the back of the slide and I can fire but having to do this with every round gets annoying.

Anyone had this and know of a fix?

Also, my 5-7 is stock, allways run on Green and Im yet to have any other issues other than the above.

Would like the Guarder Polycarb kit but I have no idea how to take apart the pistol to the level required.

I've had this too, but I can't explain why one mag would not do that.

It was my misshapen alu outerbarrel that was the issue ( the problem is explained in this very thread ).

Normally, a steel outerbarrel fixes it.

The part of the nozzle that pushes bbs into the chamber comes into contact with the lip and follower of the magazine. Check to see if there's damage on your magazine lip that could be adding friction to the return. Also check out your outer barrel and hop chamber if they're getting mangled up as well.

Gave it a good look over, nothing obvious all seems well.

Loaded up both mags and they both worked perfectly. :blink:

Gremlins much?

Anyway, has anyone installed the Guarder slide and grip?

Im waiting on a guide on how to do it before I buy one.

Gave it a good look over, nothing obvious all seems well.

Loaded up both mags and they both worked perfectly. :blink:

Gremlins much?

Anyway, has anyone installed the Guarder slide and grip?

Im waiting on a guide on how to do it before I buy one.

yes I got the guarder replacement slide and grip and everything fits just perfect...just as you would disassemble any gun just be careful to remember where everything came out of and don't let any springs go flying off. Only trying part of it was the taking out the rear sight and the gas chamber...the rear sight needs to be pryed from the rear of the sight fairly forcefully..it doesn't come out straight up...I used a small flathead screw driver at the bottom rear of the sight and pop it out. The gas chamber also didn't want to come out without a fight...what I did was insert four rounded toothpicks between the walls of the slide and the chamber to spread out the slide wall and pull the chamber out. Putting everything back in was relatively easy because most every part is part of a modular component so it's a matter of unscrewing couple of screws and popping them back in...

Edited by nikoneko
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, I've encountered what I think is the first case of slide failure for the Marui 5-7. Using green gas for a while (some 2~3000 rounds maybe), ridiculous 37°C heat and the front of the slide has split. I stopped using it(but still works) to see if the crack will continue to grow all the way across the top fearing of losing parts if and when they fly apart. And now I haven't the money to buy a Guarder slide/frame set as I've spent all my cash on a pair of slick IDF boots.

Hell no. 5.11 singles for me, though viper singles work too. Nothing that tightly fits a glock mag or the like will take a 5.7 mag.

I said this several pages back, the HSGI singles fit perfectly.

Standard Pantac Dual 9mm pouched will do too.

That is what I needed, now I have some options. ;)

I made my own mag pouches from Kydex, they now just screw on to my Serpa. Provide quick reloading and fit nice and securly.

Also anyone know where I can get the RCC enhanced spring set?

Thanks

Edited by bankz5152