TM FN Five-seveN GBB

Five-Seven6.jpg

The Insight M3 has a tighter fit on the Guarder frame than on the original Tokyo Marui frame.

Piano do remember HSGI will custom make you a 5-7 pouch, just give them a call and they will price it very competitively with their normal pouch offerings.

Yep, got to love HSGI's reachability. Compared to the other brands, their pouches are the best in terms of adaptability. Sidearmor will make custom kydex pouches for those who want a 5-7 belt pouch. Their holsters have quite a few good reviews and I'm planning on getting one next month for one of my pistols, but I can't decide on whether or not to get a light-compatible holster or not.

While airsoft is 6mm, there's something about a 5.56mm compensator on a 5.7mm gun that strikes me as odd.

-Piano

Edited by PianoBlack
  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Question - anyone else notice that the first 2 shots in each mag are a bit low powered? It seems every time I switch mags, the 1st/2nd shot are usually lower powered/slower kick, but then the gun's full effect comes in after that, and works perfectly. Any idea what could be causing this?

Got my BLACKHAWK! Serpa today - fits it very well (for the 5-7 USG). Got mine for $29 off eBay :D. Very secure in the holster, and transitions in and out very smoothly.

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

Also, I'm having the same issue as renegadecow: the outer barrel and inner barrel locking nubs in the hopup chamber are completely sheared off. This is probably after a weekend of 200-300rnds or so.

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Does anyone make a steel chamber, or will I have to glue these suckers down?

Edited by aznriptide859

Try flipping them over for a short term fix. Replacements are like 3 cents each.

Where can I find replacements? I'm going to try the "flip" and see what happens. I really love this 5-7 (recoil, accuracy, looks).

Ebay is where I got my SERPA Sportster, as the CQC is unnecessary, and the platform can be used for all the rest of my pistols as well!!!

You can get them in just about any o-ring store. I bought mine from here: http://www.oringsusa.com/

because they had it at the cheapest but their shipping is a bit too much.

Buna-N Nitrile, 70 durometer, size 006. 006 is a bit larger than the stock ones but they work. I only really got them because they fit in a range of other gas guns to fix.

You can get them in just about any o-ring store. I bought mine from here: http://www.oringsusa.com/

because they had it at the cheapest but their shipping is a bit too much.

Buna-N Nitrile, 70 durometer, size 006. 006 is a bit larger than the stock ones but they work. I only really got them because they fit in a range of other gas guns to fix.

which o-rings should be replaced? I assume its the ones on the "knocker valve"? The valve that is struck to let the gas out of the mag?

Yup, specifically the o-ring for the dynamic seal (the part that opens and closes). The two static seals are fine because all they do is hold gas.

I took apart both my mags yesterday but I couldn't figure our how to get to the knocker valve or any of the valves for that matter; though I'm impressed with the craftsmanship of this tokyo marui gun! could you briefly tutorialize, or direct me to a link? thanxsmile.gif

You need a valve key. Just unscrew the entire brass valve assembly and its done, you don't have to take apart anything else. If you don't have a valve key, you could probably do it with a pair of 2mm flat precision drivers and pliers (what some people did before the ACM valve keys came in).

I guess a good valve key is a MUST for any aspiring GBB-erwink.gif ....this one seems to be the one I would pick; whattyah think?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/element-magazine-valve-key-for-ksc-and-wa-gas-charging-valve.html

I'm not sure what 2mm flat precistion drivers are.....maybe you could explain/link? thanx.

Just for a quick update: I noticed my 5-7 fireing to the right. So I took apart the hop-up.

Have the same problem as Renegade and AznRipTide: the inner barrel locking nubs are completely sheared off. Outer barrel nubs are severely damaged.

Any news of getting replacement chambers?

I'm using a Creation alu slide and PDI 6.01 innerbarrel. The rest is stock.

Anyone know where i'd be able to source a replacement for part FN-12 (it's the spring that returns the nozzle to the back position), mine just appeared out of the side of my gun the other day, and the usual suspects of using a biro spring don't seem to work as I can't quite get one of the right dimensions,

alternatively, if anyone knows precisely the size of that spring is, that would also be handy, mine was too badly mangled to use as an accurate gauge for replacment. Thanks

MAG makes a replacement spring set that has the part you're looking for. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/mag-replacement-spring-set-for-marui-fn5-7-series-gbb.html

-Piano

Thanks muchly, exactly what I was after, the design in that area is honestly pretty suspect to me, since it appears that the spring is only held in place by where the groove in the slide lies, some sort of post or similar would help imo.