TM FN Five-seveN GBB

Little interesting fact for left-handers: mag catch is reversible (as it is on the RS), provided you reverse the position of the mag catch spring as well. Too bad the slide release isn't, but hey, it's a start. Glad that TM incorporated this into their gun/mag design.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Here's my modified mag catch. Now, while a piece of polycarb at the top would suffice, I went and put some on the side as well.

IMG_0782.jpg

Just make sure the polycarb you use is the tough stuff or it will be useless. I use replacement face shields ($5) that I cut up to make lens protectors out of and are ANSI Z87.1+ rated. I tried reinforcing it with a piece of sheet metal at first (why I cut the side too) but found that it wears down on the finish of the mag so I switched to using polycarbonate.

Based on all the issues everyone is having with Guarder parts for this pistol (and I had major problems with one of their new G17 slides), I'd recommend that you pass on their products until they can get their act together regarding their quality control.

You might want to check with E Hobby Asia and see if they have any of the actual TM parts you need available.

On a side note, while I only use Duster in my Five Sevens, the various issues that are cropping up with this pistol has me concerned. I have also seen the wear on the magazine release and it is troubling as is the whole issue regarding the outer barrel.

I really like the Five Seven and thats why I bought two of them, however, TM's apparent lack of quality control in these areas has me concerned and bothered as these pistols are not cheap and we should not have to be going thru with this.

I've purchased the TM Desert Warrior, G17 Custom and G18c since then and so far no issues.

Edited by Wingman

Well it'll be a typical TM issue of not being design for/tested on more powerful gases - I doubt the barrel issue would occur if you're on 134a/duster. As for the mag release I think you'll get that regardless - plastic catch holding in a heavy metal mag...

I wouldn't mind aznriptide859 giving a better low-down on the use and abuse he's giving his and what temperatures its in? - just cos you seem to be having more issues than most of us...

Edited by Voodoo1

Sooo it`s a year later... would you reccomend this pistol? I`ve read some of the problems, but I might be willing to put up with it as long as it`s not a problem that could`ve been easily avoided and is hard to fix.

Still recommended. As a matter of fact i use this gun as my production gun in IPSC airmatch and has bagged me several awards already because of it's accuracy.

I`m torn between the 5-7, the 1911 and the P226, all from TM. The 5-7 because it`s something new and exotic, and due to the fact that I love internal hammer pistols. Also it holds a good reputation for accuracy and realism. Those things are very important to me, due to the fact that I`m more of a plinker and a collector. But what`s holding me back is whatI`ve read here and some other forums of the slide stripping itself, and the weak hopup chamber.

The 1911 because of the upgradability and the reputation it holds in the community. Also I like the clasic style of it. Also Laser grips:wub:

And the 226 because it`s something diffrent, and I am rather fond of the technical side of it. Diggin the decocking lever and the double action.

Every gun I purchase will be fully upgraded like my Glocks. But all in time.

You probably know what I`m going through. Man i just wish the TM M&P was already out, then the desicion wouldn`t be so hard. :P

Edited by Lectric

i dont think the 5-7 will disappoint you at all. Also being if norway is as cold as i assume it is, then the 5-7 will have the best performance under those circumstances - and is a lot less likely to damage itself.

The other thing is that teh reported failures to this pistol aren't as dramatic or common as its made out to be, certainly no worse than any other pistol you could buy...

I was thinking of getting the Guarder Polycarb frame/slide in OD and I was wondering if there is anything peculiar I should know about these "shells." Does everything pretty much fit nicely, is there any sanding that needs to be done? Are there any other upgrades I should get? I alsready have a Mad Bull tightbore and I finally have valve key to fix the mag o-ring issue that renegadecow explained.

I almost sold this gun, but I'm just remembering how great the blowback is, and just having a really nice reliable pistol is something I just NEED for a proper skirmish set-up.

I was going to take the money I got for the 5-7 and get the TM Glock 18, but now I think I'm just going to have both!!!!

A bit of warning on the Guarder kit: some have had the holes where the hammer unit screws on split on them. The holes aren't threaded and you're supposed to force thread the Marui screws on which does a poor job. Try to find a similar screw that is self threading (has a little notch on the end to scour a path) and use that to pre-thread the holes before putting the Marui ones in.

Quick question - does anyone else have a Marushin 5-7 USG on hand to compare? I got a RS Five-seveN adjustable rear sight, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to mod it to fit the TM. I understand the Marushin version had adjustable sights, and wanted to ask how that one mounted.