TM FN Five-seveN GBB

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

So if a product, in which any part can potentially fail, does not have all parts avaliable as a replacement or re-inforced aftermarket part, you will not buy that product ? :|

Please, think about what you are saying.

Regarding the 5-7. Plenty of spare parts are avaliable. The single biggest one that is not avaliable is the hop up chamber. I would assume this is due to the parts complexity. It would be rather expensive to CNC and there is probably not a big enuff market for anyone to bother with it.

Again, shooting a gun designed for 134a gas with Green Gas or Propane in 25-40C, you know what's gonna happen...

Edited by NonEx

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Well then I hope you don't plan on owning any M4s, or any rifle that uses 5.56mm ammo in real life. That's a ######-poor reason to pass up on a pistol as amazing as this one. As for the Five-seveN's durability, I can personally vouch for its sturdiness. I run green gas exclusively through mine, and I have never once had a single issue with the gun. The only durability upgrade I installed was a MAG stainless steel outer barrel, due to the stock barrel's tendency to snap off from overuse. With the Nine Ball 6.03 tightbore barrel I put in there, this thing is dead-on accurate and has always performed beautifully. Then there's the fact that you can get 3 mag's worth of BBs out on one fill of gas, which means I can easily reload my mags at respawn, during games (if I needed to). This is by far the best gas pistol I have ever owned and I cannot possibly recommend it enough. Get one!

NonEx, yes indeedn, I will not buy a gun which has little replacement parts available. Especially if they're known to break!

I think of it as logic. I save up for a replica and I want to keep it running. I will not buy a new replica for every breakage, thats just nuts!

A broken replica is just waste of space, it has to be used and maintaned to do so.

I was one of the first to use a 5-7, buying it on release.

It's an awesome gun! But I'll not buy it again.

Now, I'll sit easy with a TM MEU and KSC KM17.

LOAAADS of replacement parts, and I know in the future I'll have many replacemntpars if needed.

If the PX4 gets good support and it shows little faults at greengas use in the next 4 months, I'll buy that aswell.

Perhaps you should think about it.

Well, having upgrades and/or reinforced parts certainly is a good thing but staying away from a product because it might potentioally fail after X thousand rounds using the wrong kind of gas seems kind of wastefull to me. Of course it suck when something breaks but sometimes it's worth it. Guess depends on your application and usage of something.

Again I am a collector/plinker so I doubt I will ever put enough rounds thru my stuff to experience catastrophic failures. Nontheless I like to put every upgade part I can get my hands on in my guns, just because I can :P

• Like 1

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!

If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Why even post this?

No, it's called TROLLING, it's pointless dribble, it has no positive effect on this thread or any other.

BTT:

I've been running mine on propane with a little oil, and so has my friend, he took his to bulldog last year where it was effectively termed "sniper pistol" by a few people he was shooting at. I've disassembled mine a few days ago and found no wear, and so did my friend. Whatever is causing these things to destroy themselves I'm not entirely sure it's the gas, how many of you are using aftermarket parts and what are they.

all I have is a Guarder body and Mag outer barrel, I'm not sure what my friend is running but I think the only thing extra he has is a TBB.

Edited by frogfish

Has to be said mine is getting a bit worn down already - Year and half i think I've been running it.

The barrel lugs were being worn till I replaced With MAG barrel - although the O-ring has come off the barrel end now too. The inner barrel/hop seems to have canted and I'm having difficulty working out why. The slide is getting sticky - gave it a clean and an oil last night and it didnt really make a difference. Also the slide internals seem to be slowly coming away from the slide body.

Most annoying thing atm is the mag catch is now worn down quite significantly and 'some' of my mags don't stay in properly.

I'm not sure how long she will actually hold on...

Did you try the sealant fix when you replaced the outer barrel? It really does work and prevents further damage to the barrel and hop chamber. As to why your slide is sticking, it's likely the hop chamber coming apart. The nubs holding the outer barrel get hammered and the material is displaced out the sides, pushing against the slide. To prove it, take a quick look at your hop chamber and see if the recoil spring is visible through a gap on top. There shouldn't be a gap.

yeah already did all that - replaced stock outer with MAG, then did sealent fix once I'd put in the tightbore.

I think this demonstrates one of my key grievences with airsoft kit - that having spent lots of money on something, I still have to faff around replacing, fixing and tweaking bits to get the damn thing to work as it should do in the first place...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boo, I just got one of these yesterday and read through this thread. dry.gif

I'm horrified. I was about to place a hefty order from WGCShop for parts for my 5-7. Was going to order a Guarder body kit, Guarder outer barrel, and the Guarder black parts.

But after seeing some of the images of the Guarder slides exploding, not being threaded for the screws, I'm not sure I want to risk it.

I was planning to run this on Duster as I bought an Airsoft-Innovations adapter when I decided to get a Tokyo Marui GBB. I love the fact the Guarder kit has the correct trademarks. Will I run into huge issues with the Guarder kit on Duster? From what I've read, the only problems with this gun stem from the users using Propane/GreenGas.

Edited by Extraordinaire

Don't be scared off because of the contents of this thread... Remember that most posts on forums is of people needing help with or sharing PROBLEMS. I have now used mine a bit in games etc. and have no problems. Granted I haven't shot the X thousand rounds that some of the otheres here have, but let's face it, it's a plastic "toy" gun, you cannot expect it to last forever even with upgrades etc. That's how I see it. I shoot mine on Green Gas, 150 PSI @ 22C ambient, if you run on Duster in regular US conditions (25-35C ?) it should not be a problem.

Regarding the threading in the frame, no problem, just screw the screws in gently and unscrew every few turns to "auto-thread" the frame. Did that on mine and worked like a charm, worst case you have to glue the stuff in there.

If you like the 5-7 and want an awesome show piece and well performing gun (but maybe not an "immortal" one) then buy the TM 5-7 and Guarder upgrade parts, it is AWESOME.

I have every Guarder upgrade part there is for this gun and I didn't have any issues installing the stuff, other than the BBU unit being a *badgeress* to take out etc.

JUST DO IT!

Edited by NonEx

Well, I tested mine on Duster this morning and wasn't too impressed with performance. Cool down seems to be a bigger issue with Duster after about 35 cycles, the slide will not lock back. But, the kick is still there.

Also, I need to find some new duster. Apparently, lots of people inhale duster, so now a lot of companies are putting a bittering agent in the duster. Talk about leaving a bad taste in your mouth! I would rather smell propane all day <_<

Edited by Extraordinaire

Don't be afraid of the exploding parts although it's partly thanks to me it being my gun that 'sploded. Unless you live somewhere really hot like southern Texas or something, you should be fine. If not, you could still keep using green gas safely but you'd need to file down the valve knocker by .25-.5mm so as to limit the gas flow. I haven't done it on mine yet (but have so on my Detonics) as I'm still waiting for my stock slide to give out before I order a new one and then apply the mod.

Hmm, I had just listed mine for sale, but have been looking at alternative sidearms and I can't find anything that appeals to me more than the Five-seveN.

I guess I will be ordering a black Guarder Body Kit, Guarder Outer Barrel (Unless the MAG is better?), and a tightbore of some sort.

I'm currently running a NINEBALL bucking in mine. I had read that the bucking seals too tightly to cycle the gun, but I haven't encountered that issue yet.