TM FN Five-seveN GBB

Hmm. I had been hoping to squeeze a bit more FPS out of it, since my currently working one was shooting about 310 with a Nine Ball hopup rubber and tightbore. I ordered my new Five-seveN with a PDI Palsonite 6.01 tightbore, so I'll have to see how that performs (it'll have a Nine Ball hopup rubber too). If I'm still not satisfied with the FPS from that, then I guess that's when I'll upgrade to the PDI piston head. I'm just glad to know that the BBU spring comes in that MAG spring set, because I'll have a total of 3 working (and upgraded) Five-seveNs once I get this one fixed. It's definitely no exaggeration to say that this is my favorite model airsoft gun that I've ever owned!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

I could chrono mine tomorrow or on wednesday and see what FPS I have, I have the following parts in mine;

Guarder FN Five Seven custom polycarbonate slide & frame

Guarder FN Five Seven stainless outer barrel

NINE BALL FN Five Seven smooth recoil ring

PDI FN Five Seven piston head

FIREFLY FN Five Seven cylinder valve set

RCC FN Five Seven recoil spring 130% (cut coils)

NINE BALL FN Five Seven precision inner barrel 6.03mm 100.5mm

Creation Airsoft FN Five Seven aluminum inner slide

I shoot with Guarder 140 PSI / 12KG (@24C ambient) gas and in 25-28C ambient temp with a XCORTECH X3200 chrono, 0.2g BB or 0.25g or 0.28g.

Edited by NonEx

Yeah, I'd love to know what that's shooting at. The field I play at has a 350 FPS limit, so I've got a ways to before hitting the cap. It has been a while since I've chrono'd any of my guns though, so I might bring my currently working Five-seveN down there tomorrow and check it out. How do you like the Nine Ball smooth recoil ring? Does it actually make a noticeable difference? The site you linked me with the Airsoft Surgeon spring actually has them in stock (they're out everywhere else I looked), so I'm contemplating adding that to my build too.

Well unfortunatly the NB recoil ring got stuck in the slide hole and was a little deformed almost on first use, so I can't say for sure. Didn't really notice a huge differense, but then again I didn't shoot the stock gun much and I didn't pay much attention to how different it actually was, just put the upgrade part in with a smile on my face. :)

Again, the Airsoft Surgeon springs are for the TM 1911/HI-Capa series, I do not know for sure if they are a fit in the 5-7 BBU, but it sure looks alot similar. So be aware. Also I think the AS one is slightly stronger than the stock springs. Also that site was just a lucky hit on Google, I can't vouch for the sites integrity.

I will chrono it ASAP and get back to you.

Edited by NonEx

Mweeh, I would rather have a clean hop up assembly and shell out the dollars for a new unit if it breaks than have sealant gunk inside the gun. But that's just me.

It's not you, it's because it's pretty cold in Sweden. Try shooting your 5-7 here in the tropics and you'll see why I'm such an advocate of the gunk. It can get messy when applying it, but without any of the durability mods using green gas I'm looking at buying a new chamber every month.

And besides, you don't get any of the sealant in the hop up, just between the nubs for the outer barrel and the nubs for the inner barrel. Stop at the hop rubber.

My 5-7 stopped working again... This time it isn't the chamber's fault.

When I pull the trigger 95% of the time i hear a "poof" sound, the slide moves back a few millimeters and it sends the BB out with 100 FPS max... I have tried this with fully and half-gassed magazine and i get the same result. My hammer assembly looks ok, and the slide moves freely if i move it by hand.

Any input on this? (I will try posting pictures or a video when I have time)

This sounds alot like a broken rocket/floating valve inside the muzzle. Dissassemble and check. I encountered exactly those symptoms on my Glock 17 when I installed a non compatible rocket valve in it's muzzle.

Oh, just chronoed my TM 5-7 as specified on the previous page. TM 0.2g BB 24C ambient 10 rounds. First shot 303FPS, last shot 287 FPS. And slight variations in the shots in between.

Now I only have the 6.03 barrel and stock bucking so.

Edited by NonEx

Yeah, that's around what my Five-seveN was shooting back when it just had the Nine Ball 6.03. I've since added the Nine Ball hopup bucking, and I'm putting a PDI Palsonite 6.01 in the new one, so I'm hoping to get at least 315 FPS out of it. It'll be here later this week, so I'll just have to wait and see.

O-ring in the magazine. Or at least have a look at it. All o-rings will wear down in time; my stock ones did just under a month from purchase and on both my mags which are the same age. Yours sounds like light striking possibly from deformed o-rings when they start taking a trapezoidal shape.

edit:

Could also be floating valve related as NonEx mentioned. You'll just have to take a look and see, possibly provide photos even.

Edited by renegadecow

Okay,I throughly disassembled the gun and the floating valve was okay. My magazine's Valve O-rings were okay too.

The problem was that the magazine catch was so worn, that the magazines didn't seat properly...

I feel really dumb for not noticing this!!!

Thanks for your help guys, this got me thinking that we really need metal catches!

P.S: I remember reading renegadecow had the mag catch problem so I followed his advice, by supergluing a small plastic piece where the catch was worn.

Edited by Atsalakotos
  • 5 weeks later...

So I got the replacement hopup chamber for my busted Five-seveN, but I discovered another problem. The arm on the front that holds the blowback unit spring in place is broken off. How it could have possibly broken off without me noticing is a mystery to me. Are there replacements available anywhere on the internet? I'm going to need a whole new piston. The part number is FN-15.

But as for my 2 newer Five-seveNs, I successfully installed PDI piston heads in both of them. I was only expecting a 10 fps upgrade at most, but my primary Five-seveN with the PDI 6.01 barrel jumped up by almost 30 fps! It's shooting around 335 fps after the upgrade. They're now the loudest guns at my local field by far, so I'm quite pleased. I had no idea an $11 part could make such a big difference!

Quick question - does anyone else have a Marushin 5-7 USG on hand to compare? I got a RS Five-seveN adjustable rear sight, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to mod it to fit the TM. I understand the Marushin version had adjustable sights, and wanted to ask how that one mounted.

Azn, the Marushin had a plastic endoskeleton slide that had a mount for the BOMAR style sights (held in by a pin and the elevation adjustment screw). The sights are adjustable but strip REALLY easily (As I did mine). My USG also exploded during rapid shooting, causing the plastic slide rails to break off. Even JB weld couldn't fix it. I strongly reccomend against the Marushin product.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is a replacement magazine release or heavier release spring out there? Love the pistol but the mag release sticks out and I'm not satisfied with the lack of pressure needed to drop a magazine. I've not done it yet, but I've heard numerous stories of magazines popping out holstered pistols.

Hrmm... No don't think there is an airsoft version for stronger spring. Only one is MAG sping replacement pack but that would be about equal. I am pretty sure a RS mag release spring would help you out... Try googling some pics or exploded views to see if they would be compatible. Short of that I don't know.

If you find mags falling out due to the release being pressed down, blame the holster. I've never had any of my mags come out unless I wanted them to.

Totally agree. Had issues with Viper, Warrior and ACM holsters. Basically anything with any flex in it seemed to whack the FNs large release catch. Cue yours truly searching bushes for pricey TM mags! No issues since I moved to a Blackhawk Serpa, which I recommend highly.