TM FN Five-seveN GBB

Hello guys! Getting my 5-7 soon, Bought a used fully upgraded one.

These are the upgrades im getting (theres a couple of words written in swedish but im sure you will understand)

1x Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 CUSTOM GBB

4x Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 gas magazines

1x Dry firing plugs

1x Sample BB bag

1x Barrel plug

1x Barrel cleaning rod

1x Manual

1x Guarder polycarbonate body kit (frame and slide), black (installerat) (+ original)

1x Guarder stainless outer barrel (installerad) (+ original)

1x Guarder stainless threaded outer barrel 10mm-

1x Guarder custom/control parts, black

1x MAG replacement spring set

1x NINE BALL smooth recoil ring (installerad) (+ original)

1x PDI piston head (installerat) (+original)

1x Guarder negative threaded outer barrel adapter (14mm to 10mm CCW)

1x CAROM high flow valve (installerat) (+ original)

1x FIREFLY cylinder valve set (installerat) (+ original)

1x RCC recoil spring kit 70% 130% (130% installerad) (+ original)

1x NINE BALL 6.03 precision inner barrel (installerad) (+ original)

1x Creation Airsoft aluminium inner slide (installerad) (+ original)

Im also getting all the original parts. So, to my question. I want this gun to last, i want it to have a long lifetime. i will probably use begadis "soft" 95 psi gas. So what parts should i change to the original? im guessing the guarder frame and slide? But it looks so awesome with it :(! maybe it will last if i put some elastic material betwen the front of the slide and the inner aluminum slide?

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Use stock valves if durability is your goal. To be honest I think keeping it in the current setup and running the 95 psi gas in Swedish weather conditions will be fine, maybe remove the Creation slide based on the comments above. People who had the gun "blow up" are in the US or Asia, where ambient temps run quiet a bit higher.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

You listen to CrazyNCMan?

*laughs*

I didn't just ask him, but I also asked another guy chairmanloa1911 who was the most recent person to use crazyncman's five-seven and even he said that the gun did not have problems while on green gas/propane when using it and he was the sixth person that the gun was sent to. I really want this gun but I keep on hearing about people having problems with it on green gas and I also hear about people who have ran it on green gas for 2+ years.

First thing to consider is how many rounds did each of those 6 guys fire off while they had it. Secondly, in what temperatures was it being fired. Thirdly, time of ownership means nothing. I could leave my gun on a shelf or in a holster and fire a magazine a year and eventually claim to have it for a decade without a hiccup on green gas. Lastly, take any advice from a guy who sells stuff with a grain of salt. He does want to make a sale after all.

I didn't just ask him, but I also asked another guy chairmanloa1911 who was the most recent person to use crazyncman's five-seven and even he said that the gun did not have problems while on green gas/propane when using it and he was the sixth person that the gun was sent to. I really want this gun but I keep on hearing about people having problems with it on green gas and I also hear about people who have ran it on green gas for 2+ years.

I shot over 15,000 rounds through mine in under a year before it broke, using green gas. But perhaps that was just luck.

• 2 months later...

Was checking out Youtube videos on the real steel and the reviewer said he was carrying his Five Seven in a holster that fit a Glock 30. Well I broke out my Blackhawk CQC holster for the Glock 21 (I use it for my TM G17 with PGC slide and G18c) and it fit just fine. A little tight but after a few draws, it slides in and out just fine and locks up perfect. The only area of rubbing appeared at the top of the front site, but a little emery cloth on the last inch of the holster sight channel took care of that.

So if you have the TM Five Seven and a TM Glock 17/18c, your good to go with the single holster.

Had a fondle of one of these at the weekend, the kick is awesome on a warm mag, good solid feel to the gun. The owner (Mori from The Fort in the UK) said it fits in ALL RS holsters that the RS gun does (due to being exactly 1:1) and runs perfectly on green/propane.. I want one now :)

Edited by T3CH

Hello guys! Getting my 5-7 soon, Bought a used fully upgraded one.

These are the upgrades im getting (theres a couple of words written in swedish but im sure you will understand)

1x Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 CUSTOM GBB

4x Tokyo Marui FN 5-7 gas magazines

1x Dry firing plugs

1x Sample BB bag

1x Barrel plug

1x Barrel cleaning rod

1x Manual

1x Guarder polycarbonate body kit (frame and slide), black (installerat) (+ original)

1x Guarder stainless outer barrel (installerad) (+ original)

1x Guarder stainless threaded outer barrel 10mm-

1x Guarder custom/control parts, black

1x MAG replacement spring set

1x NINE BALL smooth recoil ring (installerad) (+ original)

1x PDI piston head (installerat) (+original)

1x Guarder negative threaded outer barrel adapter (14mm to 10mm CCW)

1x CAROM high flow valve (installerat) (+ original)

1x FIREFLY cylinder valve set (installerat) (+ original)

1x RCC recoil spring kit 70% 130% (130% installerad) (+ original)

1x NINE BALL 6.03 precision inner barrel (installerad) (+ original)

1x Creation Airsoft aluminium inner slide (installerad) (+ original)

Im also getting all the original parts. So, to my question. I want this gun to last, i want it to have a long lifetime. i will probably use begadis "soft" 95 psi gas. So what parts should i change to the original? im guessing the guarder frame and slide? But it looks so awesome with it :(! maybe it will last if i put some elastic material betwen the front of the slide and the inner aluminum slide?

Hey Goreplay. I have a feeling that your 5-7 will be fine on low psi gas with the upgrades that you already have. I have two reports of fiveseven failures and we're both propane / green gas users in California:

1. I've owned a 5-7 for almost 2 years now. My fiveseven's original outer barrel warped last summer. I'm not sure if it was overtime or from one single hot day. I've replaced that outer barrel with the Guarder one, the one you have, and it's been fine for the last year. As you probably know a warped outer barrel will cause vibrations and tear the hop up unit apart. Fortunately I caught the issue early on and was able to just clamp the hop up unit back together. Im going to use one of my other pistols this summer when I skirmish.

2. My buddy's 5-7 blew up last summer, he said his hop up unit was destroyed. I don't know the temperature but it was indoors so my guess is cooler than 99F. He sold the scrapped 5-7 to another one of our mutual friends who is also a tech at a well known airsoft store in my area. This new owner said he hasn't been able to find replacement hop up units, he can only buy a new pistol or hopefully scrounge another scrap 5-7.

• 6 months later...

sorry to bring back an oldish thread and not sure if this has been addressed before but I have the threaded Guarder outer barrel and the 10mm to 14mm adapter thats on WGC says it's made of "stainless steel" and on Guarder's site it says "stainless". Well anyway I just put a magnet to both of them and neither sticks...I checked the magnet with other steel and it's ok. I never bothered to check before because it does very much look like stainless steel. What's up with this...???

as renegadecow stated. I also found this out when looking into my RA Tech Kimber.

As for durability, your kitchen knives and utencils are probably stainless steel (surely different grades of it, but you get the idea), and see how much wear and abuse they can stand :)

Aluminum will scratch/mar deeply, while stainless steel wont get much of a noticably mark if you put a key or screwdrier to it. So I think it should be fine. Depending on what you are doing with it ?

Why are you wondering? Any specific scenario that requires a super-strenght outer barrel ?

Actually there are cases where even the stock aluminum barrels have survived lot of abuse. The trick is to make the barrel solid with the hop chamber by adding material between it like tape or liquid gaskets. Without it people learned that the harder barrels ripped the hop chamber apart. It's the minute gap between the two parts plus huge vibrations from recoil that chews it out.