TM FN Five-seveN GBB

I really miss mine, did love it so much. Was my favourite pistol, just all these little issues made it too unreliable for me especially since I only use Propane. Also loved it because I made mine BSG style, went a little over board but I loved it.

Soon as someone comes out with a steel hop chamber I will buy another soon as!

I tried getting a new hop chamber, Cripps wanted £70.00!!!! Thats half the price of the damn pistol!

Also a fantastic winter pistol -

Tiny & light slide = low cool down

Massive Mags = more gas

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

on my 5.7, I have the guarder ss barrel RTVed to the chamber, creation metal inner slide RTVed to the outer slide, blow back unit RTVed to the slide, and also the hammer assembly RTVed to the lower frame. My first guarder frame cracked at the two screw holes and now everything seems to stay put and no minute movement of any of these parts and no cracks that I can see. There's tremendous amount of jolt and stress that goes through this gun when it blows back and RTVing seems to do the trick. Only thing left that worries me is when the plastic blow back unit slams into the metal chamber, it makes a loud clack that sounds like the bbu might crack..haven't figured out how to remedy that or if it even needs remedying but seeing that spare parts are not readily available, I don't want to really take a chance.

I tried getting a new hop chamber, Cripps wanted £70.00!!!! Thats half the price of the damn pistol!

TMC has it on sale at $26. Also, there's the valve knocker mod for long term propane use.

Only thing left that worries me is when the plastic blow back unit slams into the metal chamber, it makes a loud clack that sounds like the bbu might crack..haven't figured out how to remedy that or if it even needs remedying but seeing that spare parts are not readily available, I don't want to really take a chance.

Don't you mean nozzle? Pretty sure the BBU is metal. Anyway, the nozzle is $13.20 at TMC, haven't heard of anyone's breaking on them though. But if you were talking about the BBU, RTV the *suitcase* out of it too. The guide rails are a separate piece and are attached by a post and a screw on either side. After a while the post shears off making for sloppy slide to frame fit. Good news is that if you find your guide rails already "broken" just putting sealant between them will do the trick. Just make sure to clean all oil before application so it sticks properly.

edit:

nozzles out of stock

Edited by renegadecow
TMC has it on sale at $26. Also, there's the valve knocker mod for long term propane use.

Don't you mean nozzle? Pretty sure the BBU is metal. Anyway, the nozzle is $13.20 at TMC, haven't heard of anyone's breaking on them though. But if you were talking about the BBU, RTV the *suitcase* out of it too. The guide rails are a separate piece and are attached by a post and a screw on either side. After a while the post shears off making for sloppy slide to frame fit. Good news is that if you find your guide rails already "broken" just putting sealant between them will do the trick. Just make sure to clean all oil before application so it sticks properly.

edit:

nozzles out of stock

yes thank you...I mean the plastic nozzle. Most of my gun is RTVed. If I need to ever take it apart, how difficult would taking the parts apart with the RTV glued in there?

Anyone find in interesting that no one has copied this pistol in all the time it has been out? I'm wondering if anyone will ever create a succuessful hop-up chamber/outer barrel combination.

I was always hoping someone would make one where the outer barrel screwed into the firing chamber and then was pinned in place (like the barrels on the older S&W revolvers) so the barrels wouldnt unscrew. It really works well and is super easy to do.

Anyway, it seems to me to be a easy way to resolve the pistols most agravating problem.

The next would be to just break down and make a metal slide for this pistol. The actual pistol does have a metal slide that is inside the outer plastic covering. Purists would probably not like it, but as a owner of two of these, it would be nice to be able to use the other more powerful gasses on occassion and not worry about it.

I had waited a long time for this pistol to be made and had great hopes for it. It annoys me that we (the actual shooters) have had to come out with all these "fixes" for a product that should have been better designed in the first place!! 

There is a metal inner slide for this pistol, word on the street is it will rattle around during blow back and explode the plastic outer. I had it in mine and was happy with it, but then again I don't shoot much.

Creation Airsoft TM FN 5-7 inner metal slide.

like I said before, I have the creation slide installed in mine with RTV and it doesn't rattle one bit. In fact when I first did a "pre-install" without the RTV, I recall that it didn't have much of a play then.

Anyone have any idea's where to find a Creation Airsoft inner slide for the Five Seven? I've even checked their web-site and there is no mention of it and I've e-mailed them to see if they even make it any longer. No response but it is early yet.

they are hard to come by...I got mine from UNCo a while back and they sold out very quick. I would do the stock alarm at WGC,UNCo, and Global and wait to see if they get them back in stock. My longshot wishlist is for Guarder to come out with the inner slide, steel chamber and new version fiber reinforced frame set.

Uh, no. When we say "inside slide" we're talking about the plastic insert underneath the slide. On the real thing you have a steel slide covered by a plastic cladding.  On the Tokyo Marui you have the steel slide into two parts: the forward plastic inside slide and the rear metal BBU and both are held together by the outer plastic cladding.

Alot of manufacturer sites don't list everything they make, NOVA is another such example, so don't go by that.

I told you they are at TMC, I am not sure though if they have some sort of stock indication system. Ie. if it doesn't explicitly say out of stock, it is in stock ?

Contact them and ask.

Here are the URLs;

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=6163

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_39_63&products_id=5334

I know it took them some time to source for me when I ordered it but they came thru!

Edited by NonEx