TM FN Five-seveN GBB

Hey guys. I bought the MAG stainless barrel and fired a few hundred rounds through the gun and I see now warp on the mounting holes of the outer. BUT to ensure or help that the expended cylinders in the hop up chamber that push into the outer's holes dont shear off, Ive put a layer of take which as actually stabilized the barrel a lot more.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

Run into a slight hiccup when swapping out the frame to my Gaurder one. The screws that hold the safety in place are so small I can't find any available anywhere here in the states, it's smaller than a 1, perhaps a .5. Anyone know for sure what it is or where I can buy one?

You mean hex screws? Sounds like those small ones like on KWA GBB's - I think they're 0.89mm? KWA sells the wrench (if that's what you need), but it's ridiculously $2.50.

Question for everyone else - is there a padded holster for the 5-7 that allows for a light attachment to be holstered as well? I've only seen the SERPA for the 5-7, but it doesn't look like you can holster a light with it.

Safariland makes 6004s for the 5-7 maybe they have a lighted version.

You know where to get those hex wrenches?

Edit: I found PBswiss has a .71 and a .89 wrench, so I ordered a set that comes with those.

http://pbtools.us/index.html

model number 210 h-2

Edited by frogfish

Can anyone with a Guarder polycarb slide/frame set tell me what the packaging is like? I'm hoping its the usual transparent plastic bag that can fit in a bubble wrap envelope. You see the local customs don't like large parcels in boxes and rip it open immediately to see if there's anything taxable inside, to the demise of the customers wallet.

Can anyone with a Guarder polycarb slide/frame set tell me what the packaging is like? I'm hoping its the usual transparent plastic bag that can fit in a bubble wrap envelope. You see the local customs don't like large parcels in boxes and rip it open immediately to see if there's anything taxable inside, to the demise of the customers wallet.

It is in fact, so you don´t need to worry about customs... but as the "polycarb" seems to be plain ABS (it feels exactly like the material used in the original Marui slide and frame) you must worry about impacts. Mine came with a couple dents that required filling with a little epoxi, sand and repaint.

That's a relief. But news of the quality of the Guarder product isn't. I'm not particular with cosmetic damages, but if it does turn out that the stuff really isn't polycarbonate, then there's little use for it as an enhanced part. The stock slide on mine's already split and am really hoping the Guarder slide is the solution.

guarder slide looks exactly like the real deal (not too much different from TM) has proper trades, and appears to be stronger. I got the brown and it's still not very dark, I would say the solid color looks bad, I also got the black furniture and it looks good.

I think I will probably get the metal inner slide at some point but I am unsure at this point. One word of caution, the rear sight looks like it has a torx head screw in it but is does not it's faux, just unscrew the screw underneath it and pop it out.

finally able to install the guarder slide.

Damn, that wasn't easy. A hicapa slide change is easy, but this? damn!

Any one know how to start on the lower?

I have no clue and it seems that I need even smaller hex screws.

Just a hint, the KWA/KSC G18c comes with a 0.89 mm hex wrench. Just in case you need a wrench that small and have a G18c ;). If you haven't, watchmakers flat-head screwdrivers sometimes fit into tiny Hex screws. as long at the screws aren't too tight.

Other than that, let us know what problems you have encountered and what you did to solve them. I'm very interested into a new slide ( burnt the backside of the TM slide by warming stick-on nitesiters ).

Are they really just the same material of does it feel firmer / nicer?

Yes .89 hex wrench is what takes the selector off.

In all honesty it was one of the easiest swaps I have ever done, much easier than a SCW2. Although the slide can be a bit difficult (have to pop it out with leverage).

Guarder kit is a bit more textured than the TM and is a bit closer to the real deal, I have to go to the gunshop and look and haven't been able to do a side by side yet. I will say it dosen't become shiny like the TM does after repeated touching which is very nice, and the slide is a bit stiffer. Still going to get a metal inner slide and metal barrel.

Edited by frogfish
  • 3 weeks later...

My Guarder polycarb slide/frame set arrived yesterday and it's fantastic! Though it came in a shoebox sized container which worried me at the customs office but they cut me loose as it weighed close to nothing. I'm planning on writing up a rough installation manual for those daunted by the 5-7's construction (it was fairly easy) and perhaps a review too. It's really hard to tell if the material really is polycarbonate as I ordered the black one which looks very much like ABS. However it does seem to be a bit tougher if that's any clue, anyhow time will tell if it really is stronger.

Just wanted to add a big + for the TM FN 5.7. Skirmished with it 5 times now and ive made more kills with that than any thing else in those skirmishes!

Absolutley exellent pistol.

Some pros & cons -

- Good FPS 320fps (warm day)

- Crisp, hard, smooth recoil

- Personally exellent erganomics even with wet/sweaty hands

Cons -

- Large mags, hard to find holstering options - Ended up using grenade pouches

Ive got my 5.7 in a Kydex holster works exellently, i dispise nylon/material holsters and anything with a thumb break. They just annoy me, long to draw & even longer to reholster.

I must say this is the best GBB Pistol purchase I have ever made.

Question for you owners - what holsters do you use?

I was interested in a SERPA, but a few RS users told me the SERPA at least for the 5-7 sucked. I might look for a Safariland, but they're very expensive :(

I'm on a serpa. I find serpas to be great & have them for all the pistols I skirmish.

I use Kings Arms & Viper pistol mag pouches. No problems. The mags look big, as the bullet length is long compared to a 9mm. However, they aren't particularly wide, if you get my drift, so fit most cordura mag pouches.

Greg.

Was your Kydex custom molded, or can it be found on a site (link)??

Azn, you can buy some kydex sheets and a heat gun for pretty cheap, D-day and I have been making pouches and stuff with kydex for a while now, it's easier to work with than nylon (9atleast it is for me).

There are some good guides online, and I have 2 2'x'1 sheets of coyote tan kydex I'm looking to part with if you want to try.