TM FN Five-seveN GBB

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

I know everyone seems to feel the need for green gas or propane, but have any of you tried using 134a or duster and letting the magazines warm up a bit? I'm finding some really decent performance with this set-up and I'n not worrying about the slide issues.

With the magazines warmed, I'm finding that the range and accuracy are still as good as I had with the green gas and while the FPS has dropped to about 240-250, everyone I hit inside of 100 feet has still felt it without any difficulty. When the Duster is warm, I'm also getting a ton of shots out of every gas fill.

Went to Staples yesterday and was able to get 2 cans of Duster for $7.00. So, for me, this is the way I'm going to go. If I feel the need for green, I've several other pistols to choose from.

Almost bought the poly-slide (the stock frame is fine for me), but now I'm glad I didnt. Maybe that slide with the metal insert would help, but I've not heard too much about how that is working out.

No I didn't do the fix, I had just picked up the gun from my house (Bought second hand) and I shot it a few times and the barrel came out. Yes Stock TM, I believe GG or Propane.

The seller didn't even have the decency to refund me $9 USD to get a new hopup chamber..

Third hand to be exact.

Third hand!! Probably had that problem before you bought it. I'm not BSing when I say I have several thousand shots through mine and this barrel problem has not been a issue in either of my Five Sevens. However, I do admit that I have greatly limited the amount of green gas I've used in them.

From the look of that barrel and chamber, that pistol has had a major workout in its history. Did you know either previous owners well? If they knew this was a issue and why they were selling the pistol-well shame on them!

I do have issues with TM regarding this parts breakage problem and TM should be making a fix for it and making it easily available to anyone who has bought this pistol (whether they have had the breakage or not). These things are not cheap and TM doesnt need a airsoft version of the "Toyota Experience" to get out in the forums.

I can see KJW making these things and making them stronger in the process. Like their 1911A1, P226 and new MEU.

ProG4 wont even make me Hicapa chambers yet, so no dice on 5-7 chambers yet.

Yea, it had two previous owners, but that was unknown to me until after I bought it. The previous owner said only fired a few mags through it so I guess the first guy used it a lot.

I don't know the previous owner well, and haven't the slightest idea who the first owner might have been.

Its not that they dont have durable parts, the gun just has a lot of kick and power... And when you have an outerbarrel and recoil system like the 5-7 these parts are going to break. Not hard to see.

Overall, I'm not mad about the whole thing, I just wish it was handled better. I was planning on revamping the gun anyways, and all I really wanted was $9 to get a replacement Hopup unit. (Hopup units are $19, he knocked $10 off the price when he sold it to me so I thought that $9 my way would be a fair compromise)..

Anyways, I got it for pretty cheap so it's ok. $140 Shipped with two mags..

Edited by The Vainguard

I pulled out all of my molle pistol magazine pouches and this is what I've found:

Front View -

FN5-7Pouches1.jpg

Side View -

FN5-7Pouches2.jpg

BAE ECLiPSE 9MM Single Mag Pouch - Holds 1 mag snugly. However, the velcro flap has only ~1/3 inch of contact. Elastic helps retain the mag though.

Eagle Industries M9 Single Mag Pouch - Holds 1 mag snugly. However, the velcro flap has only ~1/2 inch of contact.

HSGI Pistol Mag Pouch Modular, Single- Holds 1 mag snugly. Velcro flap has ~2 inches of contact. Fastex buckle has ~3 inches of strap available.

The HSGI is the loosest, and the BAE is the tightest (I held the pouches upside down via the molle strap and shook them up and down). All three of these pouches are less than ideal in my opinion if you plan on returning the empty mag to the pouch. That being said, they are rather new and should loosen up with use.

I hope this proves to be useful,

-Piano

You don't really need a new chamber to get it going. What you need is a new outer barrel, or if you're on the cheap side just rotate the broken barrel 45 degrees and drill a new set of holes on them. Then do the sealant fix. While the nubs holding the inner barrel are already worn, all they do is keep the barrel from rotating which the hop rubber does anyway. The inner barrel itself can't launch forward as its held back by the outer barrel. Adding the sealant helps keep it in too.

The clear one's for glass I think. I've tried it before on other applications (fixing a leaky mag) but I find the black one to be more durable and binds to metal better. And even the black one shouldn't be odorless, RTV silicon reeks of acetate and makes a closed room smell of vinegar for a day.

frog how much would those run approx?

I believe they quoted me around $13-16 can't remember exactly.... It was one of my "what's new" calls where I just ask about anything neifty they have on the machines or just in the store. Their online selection is not representative of what they make at all.