M4 metal body compatabiity

madwelshman

anybody know whats compatible with a DBoys M4 body, upper and lower recievers? Or if any other make bodies I can use?

Basically, my housemates lower reciever is almost knackered, the stock tube has sheared off at the body, not sure how she did it, but its hardly suprising, there are more bubbles in the pig metal than in an Wispa!!!

Not a major drama, the stocks still held on by the stock bolt into the gearbox, not ideal though, I know, so I'm looking out for a cheap lower reciever (she has only used it twice in near a year, so I cant be bothered to spend £££ on a ful set)

If it helps, I believe its an M-28 Bim4 Metal body set... well, thats the box it came in, I got it in a bulk sale ages ago, its the one with the naff etched skull on the mag housing.

Cheers for any advice! Tony

its cool matey, I appreciate any advice, thats why I asked! your probably right, the lower reciever looks like it uses the same locating method as my CA M15A1 (the Vn one) with 2 metal lips on the upper that slid under the cowl at the back of the lower reciever.

My M15A4 Tact C located via 2 tiny silver pins, so that lower reciever isnt ideal, I guess I would have to mod that style.

Theres one for sale in the sales section, an M16A1 (CA) lower, its tatty, but cheap, and I just bought a gearbox off the chap, so hopefully, if it is the similar style to my M15A1, then i'll grab that off him, should be ideal! fingers crossed

Archived