1st Aid Kit picture thread

Remember that not all games take place on small, organized sites that are easily accessible for emergency services - that might be the case in the UK, but not in other countries.

If you look at scandinavia, milsim games there take place on sites that can be several square kilometers big and only have dirt tracks - it could take an ambulance quite some time to get there, especially if you think about how difficult it would be to direct them to the scene of the accident.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blanket I wouldn't say is a vital part of personal kit, but it won't hurt

Agreed.

On a related topic, i just bought my 'Lifesystems - Trek' kit from Blacks - £12.99. Good range of items and looks the perfect size for the TT Verticle Utility I used for medical stuff already (bit of an upgrade from loose plasters, bandage and a tube of anti-septic cream).

I'd like to think every legitimate site in the country has a first aider and a medical kit to hand. I don't believe its up to any individual to carry or use that sort of thing unless sanctioned/required to do so. As you say, most people won't use thier kit at all, and when they do, only on themselves. Even stuff like EMT shears is a bit OTT, considering the most a non-qualified player would treat on site is a cut.

- Not to mention there are quite a few airsofters outside of the UK as well where such things as "sites" and "site first aiders" do not exist.... :rolleyes:

Generally speaking, if poop hits the horizontally aligned roof-suspended rotary propellar up here, the only thing you can count un until (and if) the ambulance gets there is yourself and your fellow airsofters...

Luckily enough, our airsoft community up here has a vast share of ex-mil and people trained in first aid for various other reasons :)

ive only got very basic 1st aid training from cadets, but the stuff they tought me is the kinda stuff id expect from a fairly nasty accident (ie someone falling over- scratches and sprains etc). i just figure that even if you dont know how to sort a situation, if you have the stuff, someone else might be able to use it.

ive only got very basic 1st aid training from cadets, but the stuff they tought me is the kinda stuff id expect from a fairly nasty accident (ie someone falling over- scratches and sprains etc). i just figure that even if you dont know how to sort a situation, if you have the stuff, someone else might be able to use it.

Thats what i was thinking too.

Anyway heres what I carry. hopeing to get a better pouch that fully opens too.

(proberly this http://www.soloint.co.uk/product.php?produ...=68&page=2)

IMG_2205-1.jpg

IMG_2208-2.jpg

IMG_2210-3.jpg

IMG_2214-4.jpg

Because its airsoft and not a climbing expedition?

The respect I had for you fella just went flying out the *fruitcage* window........

Take it you don't do 24hr milsim events at night in winter in a large game area?? (Stupid question, cause I know you do). Think before you speak springs to mind, prat.

Someone falls down a bank and gets an open fracture in the leg in near freezing temperatures lets say. By the time someone gets help, the ambulance arrives (a while in the mountains of Wales lets say) your telling me something (as pointed out can be bought for a near on a quid) weighs virtually nothing and takes up even less room isn't worth carrying???.

Can quite easily be used to shelter a casualty and first aider from the elements (Sun/Rain) while waiting for an ambulance.

When has airsoft been about being practical?! :wide-eyed:

Seriously though, I've used mine many times. Especially because alot of places here are not "sites" but private property. Even still emergency service response time leaves alot to be desired. I was First Responder certified and carry a pretty decent FAK. I am actually shocked at how few do considering they can buy $500 rifles but not a $10 first aid kit.

sprained my ankle today. luckily it wasnt so bad as i could put weight on it, but im glad i had my medkits (thats right, i have 2--> its basically 1 big one split into 2 small pouches) in my belt kit because had it been any worse i would have needed to strap it up.

went on the Frimley Leadership Course last week and my kits were getting lighter every day. within 20 mins of entering a harbour area, some daft idiot had cut 3 fingers quite badly and needed some hefty plasters to sort it out. nobody else had anything...

Think before you speak springs to mind, prat.

Jog on.

If you want to carry one, just incase you need to save someones life one day, go for it. They AREN'T essential, and the amount of focus you put on it in your initial posts vastly exaggerates the need for one. If I recall the incident you're refering to with such venom, it was dealt with by the marshalling staff and the first aider on hand. Not someone who happened to have a foil blanket with them.

Edited by -Angel-

No, it isn't.

The "most important bit" is giving yourself or whoever might be injured that extra shot to make it without permanent damages.

But again, if you do not have a "first aid cert", you should only have fool-proof things you know how to use in your FAK.

Intubation? Hell no, but bandages, sterile wipes and wound dressings? Most definitely something everyone should carry or have nearby.

Jog on.

If you want to carry one, just incase you need to save someones life one day, go for it. They AREN'T essential, and the amount of focus you put on it in your initial posts vastly exaggerates the need for one. If I recall the incident you're refering to with such venom, it was dealt with by the marshalling staff and the first aider on hand. Not someone who happened to have a foil blanket with them.

No not PR1, Stirling. Seriously out in the sticks at night, well away from roads where an ambulance can get to you, in winter. You still say you won't spend a couple of quid on one or did you spend all your money buying copies of the Football Factory on DVD to watch repeatedly?

No, it isn't.

The "most important bit" is giving yourself or whoever might be injured that extra shot to make it without permanent damages.

But again, if you do not have a "first aid cert", you should only have fool-proof things you know how to use in your FAK.

Intubation? Hell no, but bandages, sterile wipes and wound dressings? Most definitely something everyone should carry or have nearby.

I'd prefer to wait for a site first aider to come and sort my *suitcase* out then some guy who only as a first aid kit cause its part of his loadout or whatever.

I appreciate that some airsofters don't skirmish at "sites" and as such may not have access to a staff member that does FA, in which case, go out, get a cert and learn how to use the stuff in your pouch.

I have a first aid cert but *fruitcage* if I can remember anything from my lessons. I've had some (albeit limited) lessons in battlefield first aid, tourniquet etc, but *fruitcage* if thats ever gonna come in useful in airsoft.

No not PR1, Stirling. Seriously out in the sticks at night, well away from roads where an ambulance can get to you, in winter. You still say you won't spend a couple of quid on one or did you spend all your money buying copies of the Football Factory on DVD to watch repeatedly?

I'm saying they aren't as 'vital' as your making out. Thats it.

What the rest of that statement means, I have no idea.

I'd prefer to wait for a site first aider to come and sort my *suitcase* out then some guy who only as a first aid kit cause its part of his loadout or whatever.

I appreciate that some airsofters don't skirmish at "sites" and as such may not have access to a staff member that does FA, in which case, go out, get a cert and learn how to use the stuff in your pouch.

Well, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Sites as you see them are, at best, an extreme rarity outside of the UK, and from my understanding, not all of them even have their *suitcase* in order in regards to first aid.

If I'm lying around with a large bleeding wound I can't tend to myself I'd let just about let anyone with a bandage tie it on me, I'm not going to stop them and ask for references.

Personally, I have attended multiple first aid courses for various reasons, and of course I realize how great it has to have someone trained working on you, but if someone like that is not available, I'll take whatever I can get to prevent dying

1st aid is just that. What you do initially to limit the damage as much as possible. You make do with what, and who you've got until you can get help from qualified personel.

I think you are missing my point, I'll sum it up.

If you skirmish at a site that does have a member of staff to do FA, then great.

If not (which I said I can appriciate, so please don't ask me to smell the coffee), then it makes sense to spend money on a first aid kit and carry it on.

Doesn't make sense to spend this money on the kit and spend nothing on the time to learn how to use it effectively. In your case you've done this, which is good.

Why am I not seeing gloves? If you are taking any First Aid Course in Canada they will fail you for not putting on gloves. Gloves are an important thing to have. Do you want someone’s blood all over you hands if you may have little cuts or scrapes all over them?

If you think that putting on gloves is going to make someone bleed out because you did not act fast enough. You tell the victim to put their hand on the wound and apply pressure while you take 10 seconds to put on gloves. As a lifeguard putting on gloves before coming in contact with the victim if blood is present is second nature. The same should apply for the skirmish field.

better to have and not need etc etc, even if you dont know how to use it. then again, all most of us are carrying is plasters and bandages.

in any case; the treatment we (a player) might give to someone (a player), it would only need to last from when the injury occured, to when the injured player could get to a safe zone or ambulance for correct treatment. at most this would be like 20 minutes (maybe more for an ambulance). so, really, even if you dont know what you are doing, there is very little scope for you to make it worse by adding a bandage or a plaster, or god forbid, some antiseptic cream :P

True but say that there is a head injury. Like say what happed yesterday to another player. Running to a trench he tripped and when face first in to the bank. His glasses gave him a nasty cut about 4cm long across his forehead. When I reached him there was blood all over the face. I would not have touched him without gloves.

Aye, the gloves are very important.

Personally, I only run (I'm short stocked) two sterile packs of vinyl gloves with me in my kit, but should really have another few.

I've had my fair share of experiences with infected wounds, and it really is no fun.

Skarclaw: fine, but I think you're missing my point as well.

A first aid kit is better than no first aid kit, even in the hands of someone who's never applied a bandage before.

And I agree, if you can, a first aid course will do anyone good.

And let's just leave it at that, seems we're pretty much agreed anyways...