1st Aid Kit picture thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Helpful hint from a Pararescue Trainee... You DO NOT shock a pulseless patient. There is only one exception to that and that is if they are in pulseless VTACH!

Otherwise any questions or pictures that you guys need let me know!

What about VF?

Thirteen: Helpful hint. Demon B. is a fully fledged paramedic. It's probably advisable for a trainee not to presume to lecture those who have been saving lives for a long time. :)

I'm quite tired of the one-upmanship being demonstrated in many of these threads, oddly which seems to correlate with how many of the younger American posters are present.

Please remember Arnies was set up as a friendly and supportive forum. If you want to snipe at each other and generally overcompensate for whatever hang ups you each as individuals have, please go elsewhere before the staff are obliged to give you a gentle nudge in a different forum's direction.

Thanks. :)

just for the sake of oneupmanship, im a brain surgeon. im not actually, but i thought it be funny. so, anyone got a headache?

since we have some professionals in the house. i have a simple question but ive never really under stood. whats the difference between a regular bandage and a crepe bandage, in terms of how they are used.

whats the difference between a regular bandage and a crepe bandage, in terms of how they are used.

A crepe bandage is usually a heavier cotton/viscose mixture that has some elasticity/stretchyness, useful for using over pressure type dressings on longer term problems like skin ulcers or for support of strains and sprains.

Plain cotton bandages are for covering/holding dressings in place, support/immobilisation/padding for injuries or holding together all the fixtures and kit that's falling apart in the back of an NHS ambulance.

I may be a little late on this but i thought I would put my opinion about the carrying of a blanket in FAK. I think people are mis-interpreting or interchanging the words shock and hypothermia, while a blanket will help to prevent someone who is in shock from going into hypothermia it is not a treatment for shock. Shock is essentially the loss of blood volume in the body, which in turn compromises the persons hemodynamic stability. I think it might be a good idea to carry one if you are playing in an area with nasty terrain, or in a cold environment where one might find themselves stranded or lost. I dont think it is a necessay expense otherwise. I mean if you are playing a game and someone goes into shock, there will be enough people with BDU jackets and shirts to provide the warmth needed until EMS arrives. The most important thing any one can do is apply pressure to the bleeding site (if possible) and call emergency services.

I do think it is a good idea for everyone to carry some small FAK with the basics for cuts and scrapes, and whoever suggested Aspirin, that was a great idea, especially if some starts to have a heart attack.

This is a great thread I hope it stays updated with info, this could really benefit everyone.

Edited by Gator_Pharmer
MadMax: sorry I did not see the gloves in your picture only the water

Out of curiosity what are the legal conditions of applying first-aid in other countries? In Canada we have the "Good Samaritans Act". Witch says that as long as we perform to our standard* of care we are in no way liable if something goes wrong**.

* standard of care: performing to the best of one's training, not over or under. One example of this my NLS instructor gave was Mr. Bean doing CPR with his foot. Little bit extreme but it explains the situation.

** does not apply if we are at our place of employment, on shift and our job description gives the standard of care

We too have similar legislation in the U.S.

(Sorry forgot to edit my previous post to save space, it will not happen again)

Edited by Gator_Pharmer
Thirteen: Helpful hint. Demon B. is a fully fledged paramedic. It's probably advisable for a trainee not to presume to lecture those who have been saving lives for a long time. :)

I'm quite tired of the one-upmanship being demonstrated in many of these threads, oddly which seems to correlate with how many of the younger American posters are present.

Please remember Arnies was set up as a friendly and supportive forum. If you want to snipe at each other and generally overcompensate for whatever hang ups you each as individuals have, please go elsewhere before the staff are obliged to give you a gentle nudge in a different forum's direction.

Thanks. :)

I don't like "one-ups" either but being a Pararescue trainee I am a nationally registered Paramedic also! Not saying I am better in anyway, just proud of what I have accomplished and only bow down to (some) 18-deltas and of course the always correct girlfriend... LOL

Wasn't proving a point in any sense, more or less saying I have plenty of information from the "dirt-medicine" side of emergency care... The side that most of you "airsofters" and real medics are looking into. That and plenty of pictures!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for a thread revival!

Been working on some 1st aid gear lately...

(clicky for larger pictures)

normal_PA074459.jpg

Two IFAKs on the pack, and one I just have laying around for now.

normal_PA074460.jpg

normal_PA074461.jpg

The standalone one contains solely sterilized bandages ("enkeltmannspakker"); 2x Large, 2x Medium and 4x Small

normal_PA074462.jpg

The IFAK on the left side of the pack contains a civillian 1st aid kit, painkillers, allergy stuff, EMT shears and 6x Small "enkeltmannspakker"

normal_PA074463.jpg

The kit on the pack's right side contains more "enkeltmannspakker" (2x Large, 4x Medium, 4x Small), chemlights (various colors + IR), some zipties and sterilized "medical tape"

Wow this is ultimate gear whoring right here.....

I don't see that, unless people start putting up nearly useless gunfight specific bandages (for sucking chest wounds, some of the airway management stuff), I would say that this is possibly one of the least gearwhorish thread on arnies, and one the most useful for real life.

Hope you have enough painkillers :P Gotta fix some more stuff myself. I have a very basic one, a medic kit I bought.

Some bandages, pain killers, scissor, pills... PILLZZ! treatment for fireburns and minor other stuff, very good because I got it with medic bag/pouch

All for about 45 usd :P though I will probably buy some more things to add in it.

No, not everywhere, of course! But those that do live/play by a possible snake infected area should probably buy one, there are some nasty snakes out there.

Just putting it out there for people to see. :D

Its very common that the snakes are more scared of you than you are of it, but I you see one, backing away from it is a good advice!

Edited by Robinio

Dumb question, I have my FAK on the back of my vest, it's kinda hard to reach? is it smart that I have it there or should I move it?

I can open a clip on my vest and then remove my vest under 3 seconds, maybe I don't have to move it anyway...

Edited by Robinio