The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

Dumb question for the reason I have never seen someone do it.  I'm so far behind the times battery wise that I still use nimh sticks since the majority of my collection that I use on game days is east bloc in design.  What I am wondering is, if I someday got a RPK (probably lct), would there be enough space under the receiver cover and the rear sight base if I swapped to a top/forward wiring setup, or is there something in the way?  I have never seen someone do it before.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a few questions, would appreciate any help cheers!

1) Any recommendations on where I can get some silicon oil and teflon grease? Preferably at the same place. Was thinking maybe a cycle shop or a motorcycle place? 

2) An old gbb has got some very leaky mags, a design problem I think (pre system7 KSC USP). If I can't fix it by soaking o-rings in oil, can anybody recommend me an epoxy with which to seal up the base plates? Will any old stuff do or is there stuff I should look out for?

3) The above GBB is a Uncompany custom USP. Cause of the mags being shit it's never shot well. It's been "upgraded" with a stronger recoil spring and high flow valves, however I'd like to take it back to stock. Recoil spring replacement doesn't seem a big deal but I'm a bit lost with the high flow valves - I assume they are part of the magazine? Anyone know of where I can get normal flow valves? 

Thanks! 

The V3 trigger contacts are the same for pretty much all V3 guns, the trigger will be different from an ak to an g36 to an aug. The aug trigger is very different but the plastic bits inside and the switch is the same.

Thanks. Just picked myself up a v3 gearbox for a £5.00 at the NAE car boot, so I'll be gutting that soon and reusing the shell / trigger contacts to rebuild my aug :)

• 4 weeks later...

Had a rough time as usual with downgrading a gun (cyma bizon this time), and instead of the m110 spring I had thought about using, I ended up using an old tm p90 stock spring because it was "shorter" like the stock spring that came with the gun.

My dumb question as a result is, is spring length a thing?  I just could not get the m110 in for the life of me, and it is perhaps an inch or two longer than both of the "shorter" springs.

• 5 weeks later...
Difference between Crye Precision Combat and Field trousers?

The only things I see is the combat have "a more aggressive cut" and specifically mention stretch panels.

Wondering if there is more to it than that (before I choose my set)?

Hi me again ;

My LR300 (G&G) has very low fps (240 with a .2), presumably a loss of compression.

Thought it might be best to replace everything with this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Cylinderset-Pistonhead-Cylinder-Cylinderhead/dp/B00GAXBOTM

I appreciate that this might not solve the problem, but I figured it's a good a place to start as any...

Anyway, is there a good reason not to get this? I've heard pretty good things about A&K but you never know...

This isn't my main gun so no reason for whizzbang parts, though I'll consider anything. 

Cheers guys! 

Good evening!

A friend of mine got a 3d Printer and he managed to get a 3d file of a rail handguard to put on is CYMA. I have a G&G M4 and i would like to change the classic M4A1 handguard for a classic ris handguard, but i havent had any luck finding a 3d file of it... the ones i find are "modern handguards" that i dont fancy alot... anyone there that can orientate me a 3d file of the ris for the m4 ?

Cheers

Difference between Crye Precision Combat and Field trousers?

The only things I see is the combat have "a more aggressive cut" and specifically mention stretch panels.

Wondering if there is more to it than that (before I choose my set)?

Field = BDU style
combat = Built in knee pads and stretch panels etc
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes, becuase it can't fire out of battery. I've seen videos of police officers in close encounter situations actually pushing the slide out of battery on perps guns to prevent the gun from firing. This all depends on the design of the gun.

Dangerous and risky, but saved a few lives.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived