The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

Where can i find replacemnt screws for a version 3 tokyo marui gearbox. I brought one into ACE and the guy gave me the wrong screws so would anyone know what kinda of screws they are(threading and what not) so i could just go in and look for them myself?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be able to find the right screws in a DIY shop. Take in one screw and you should be able to compair the threads against what they have a nd buy a bag of 20-50 screws. They might be a little long but its not hard to cut them down with a craft drill or a handsaw.

You should be able to find the right screws in a DIY shop. Take in one screw and you should be able to compair the threads against what they have a nd buy a bag of 20-50 screws. They might be a little long but its not hard to cut them down with a craft drill or a handsaw.

I went to home depot and i just used the little stand where you can find the measurements by screwing the screw in the provided holes. The screw is a 4-40 and they come in different lengths, i think the largest i saw was 1/2''. Ty for the help

stupid question. ive tried looking into the whole gas thing, im getting ready to buy my first gbb pistol and i live in florida (HOT HUMID) im looking at getting the ksc usp compact sys7. Its apparently compatible with the hfc134a, hfc22, and green gas. green gas is the most popular choice however, because im in florida i dont know if the pressure would be too much for the gun. average temp here is like 85 and i dont wanna destroy my mags or anything. can anyone let me know which gas is safe to use here?

Duster gas (134a) is deffinatly safe in all GBBs at anything but the most extreem tempritures. Green gas is normally ok but in much warmer temps it can damage plastic slided guns more than normal.

I'd say stick with duster. Maby in the future get a metal slide for your gun then get green gas ;).

Dumb Question:

Are there any precautions I need to take when using Krylon on metal - I don't mean in case it asplodes', but more if it runs.

Also, any advice from users that have sprayed a TM VSR G-Spec would be great.

It matters how much you put on and how close your holding the can next to the think being painted. I would hold it around a foot to a foot and a half and then apply nice even dustings on the surface, do that a couple of times and your done. Also, clean the surface of any debris and what not. If the surface is too smooth you may also want to use some high grit sand paper to rough it up slightly, so the paint adheres better.

I just got my first MPEG, a Wellfire R9 P90. Tested it this morning, and couldn't get more than 8 shots off before I needed to rewind the magazine

ok, so whats the question? Assuming your not a bot, although you did post up external links for flash games in your post, im guessing your wondering why you only got 8 shops and not more? When you wind the magazine you will hear clicking, you must keep winding the magazine until this clicking turns into a louder thumping click. Once that happens then that means the magazine is winded up and ready to go.

Dumb question-

Is there anything but the spring that effects the fps of a gun?

I have a m14 with that gay v7 gearbox so can't really downgrade spring with paying someone to do it right.

Compression and Inner diameter of the inner barrel.

• 3 weeks later...

dose barrel length in airsoft make a difference in range or accuracy

In a gas gun barrel lenght makes a massive difference in the FPS, and therefore the range and accuracy of a gun.

In AEGs, barrel lenght greatly improves accuracy as it approches 300mm (about 12 inches), but after that the additional lenght only gives very minor improvements to accuracy. In a barrel longer than 300MM the next thing that gives good improvements to accuracy is the quality of the barrel, both in terms of ID and the manufacturer.

Range is defined more by the consistancy of the FPS and the quality of the hop unit than by the barrel itself.

In regards to the things that have affect on FPS:

The spring defines the maximum FPS, and the compression can let it down. The parts that are needed for compression are: piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head, nozzle, hop rubber, hop unit, barrel. And each part has to seal with the next part.

The setup can give a different FPS, IE if you use a bore up kit you often get higher FPS.

Question:

Whats the best gas to use on a stock TM MEU?

It is designed for use with 134a, and will function perfectly on that gas. However I have been using my TM 1911a1 on green gas for many years through many tens of thousands of rounds with no problems until the piston head borked itself :P, after THREE YEARS.

Unless you live in very very hot climates, green gas will be a good choice of gas. It will give you higher power than 134a and won't adversly affect the gun for a fair few rounds. A few people complain that they can't finish a mag with green gas, I get 32 rounds exactly every time i gas up. Keep the gun clean and oiled and it will always finish the mag on green.

hey i was planning to buy an m4 but when i saw the choices you can have i thought i need help

so my question is which is a good m4 with a good price (i like blowback and metal but then it's an expensive m4)

thank you verry much guy's but i have one question i looked at the comments on the airsoft gi website but they all say the things like the mag doesn't feed the stock wobbles it breaks so when i want a sturdy m4 i need to pay more but i want to have some cash left for making it look sexy this is my plan

post-67471-12824840581918_thumb.jpg

really dumb one but...

what do i have to do to put a silencer on my ICS MP5 A5?

If you want to change from an A series to an SD series (MP5A5 goes to MP5SD6 i think) Then you just need an SD front end that is compatible with ICS MP5s, and do a straght swap.

If you want an A series with a silencer, you will need to find a thread adaptor for your muzzle and attach a silencer to that. I am not well versed with the A series threads so someone else will have to tell you exactly what parts you need.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for yet another stupid question but i got my aeg fixed it like i wanted but now i have a problem with the scope

i am looking for an elcan scope but heard that there are lot's of crappy ones so my question is where can i get a good elcan scope

post-67471-12832628114498_thumb.jpg

Archived