The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

Can you say me why there isnt ver.3 gearbox in MP5. Why does MP5K has only ver.3 in, but not other MP5's. Can you mod normal MP5 upper receiver to fit with Ver.3. If somebody can, give me photos of both upper receivers, like inside, back (to see like tube vision) or just explain me good why normal "Big" MP5's dont have ver.3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok guys this is probably the stupidest of them all, but I've never had an ris/ras gun, so i was wondering if the rail sections are sharp to hold/uncomfortable?

They won't be sharp unless badly built, but generally won't be compfortable to hold.

You can get RIS covers, rubber or plastic pieces that are much better to hold. Or you could get a RIS mounted foregrip.

When assembling ARs w/ Delta rings, how do you keep all of the Delta ring's body, spring, and that part that keeps the spring in place (don't know what it's called:P) aligned with the hole in the upper when installing the barrel?

1. Start with upper receiver.

2. Insert outer barrel into upper receiver. Make sure the outer barrel is the right way round (cut-out for front wiring, and cut-outs for pins for front sight, all facing down).

3. Insert barrel nut (the thing with the sprocket-like prongs) through delta assembly (delta ring itself, spring, spring retention clip).

4. Feed nut+other parts over end of outer barrel and screw down on threads on upper receiver.

ok guys this is probably the stupidest of them all, but I've never had an ris/ras gun, so i was wondering if the rail sections are sharp to hold/uncomfortable?

There's going to be considerable variation, depending on whether they are cast or molded or CNC cut. If the former, the edges won't be that sharp at all. If CNC, they can be virtually razor sharp. Hence the huge panoply of rail covers--they're to protect the rails from the outside world, and to protect your fingers from the rails. Of course, operators'/mechanics' gloves are another way to go.

1. Start with upper receiver.

2. Insert outer barrel into upper receiver. Make sure the outer barrel is the right way round (cut-out for front wiring, and cut-outs for pins for front sight, all facing down).

3. Insert barrel nut (the thing with the sprocket-like prongs) through delta assembly (delta ring itself, spring, spring retention clip).

4. Feed nut+other parts over end of outer barrel and screw down on threads on upper receiver.

Well, I got the whole assembling part down pretty well, it's just that I'm not too sure of how to get the holes lined up so that I can insert the gas tube.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok my new dumb question I have a bog standard WE Hi Capa 4.3

How would I go about fitting this up to accept a silencer / suggestions of good silencers as well would be awesome.

Replace your outer barrel with a threaded metal outer barrel then attach a silencer to the end. Simple job.

Well, I got the whole assembling part down pretty well, it's just that I'm not too sure of how to get the holes lined up so that I can insert the gas tube.

Before everything gets fixed in place, turn the delta ring itself and the spring until any cutouts in them line up with the hole in the front of the upper receiver. Tighten down the barrel nut. Tighten snugly. Then if necessary, back off very slightly, to line up one of the dips between two sprocket teeth with the cutouts/hole. The fake gas tube may be a tight fit in the "dip" between the two teeth, but it will go.

Replace your outer barrel with a threaded metal outer barrel then attach a silencer to the end. Simple job.

Thanks Ed I shall go googlin for the correct part!

Do you happen to know if it makes a difference whether I were to get a 5.1 outer barrel?

edit: Looks like it does with overall length?

Also TM / WE would be compatible both ways yes?

Thanks Ed I shall go googlin for the correct part!

Do you happen to know if it makes a difference whether I were to get a 5.1 outer barrel?

edit: Looks like it does with overall length?

Also TM / WE would be compatible both ways yes?

The number refers to the lenght in inches of the barrel, so a 5.1 inch is much longer than your 4.3. But it wont hurt it, it would just be a long barrel.

I believe the WE is a clone of the TM. The build quality is not up to TMs standard, but still ok. Any aftermarket parts for a WE should fit a TM unless i am mistaken.

Before everything gets fixed in place, turn the delta ring itself and the spring until any cutouts in them line up with the hole in the front of the upper receiver. Tighten down the barrel nut. Tighten snugly. Then if necessary, back off very slightly, to line up one of the dips between two sprocket teeth with the cutouts/hole. The fake gas tube may be a tight fit in the "dip" between the two teeth, but it will go.

Thanks, that makes sense now that I think about it...

Is C4h10(Butane) + C3H8(Propane), Ultrair Power Gas "Green Gas"?

Propane is green gas, but mixing butane lowers the preassure. Ultrair power gas would be slightly less powerfull than pure green/propane. Depending on the mix of gas it should still be much more powerfull than duster/134a.

No! They don't! They're for TM pistols: Glock, USP, M93.

This is the battery that you need: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-7-2v-500mah-micro-battery-ex-for-vz61-mp7-mac10-ni-cd-aeg.html

im building an m4 from spare parts atm and im using a Dboys metal body when i try to fit my classic army sportline v2 gearbox in there its at a slight angle all the time pushing up hard against one side so i can get on pin it is this just a dboy/CA clash or am i going to need to buy a whole new body~?

How the heck do you determine a full "charge" as it pertains to a GBB magazine? Are you supposed to fill it until gas starts spraying back out at you or what?

Also, is it common for a gas pistol to expend its gas charge more rapidly if you shoot quickly?

Yes, if you have a normal valve you fill till it spits at you. If you have "nospill" valves then you have to hold it near your ear and listen to the change in hiss, it would get quieter when its full.

Yes, as you shoot the liquid gas evaporates into gasious gas, this takes energy from its surroundings. As you shoot, the gas gets colder. As it gets colder it looses preassure, making lower FPS and less gas efficiancy.

Archived