The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

I carry everything i take with me into the game, exept the empty rucksack/gunbag.

I carry a can of gas, speedloader, BBs all the mags and all the guns (unless i am bringing lots of guns to test them.)

When each game ends and we all walk back to the safezone i reload all my mags and stuff so when we get to the safezone and the martial says "5 minutes to reload" i am allready all loded up.

i normally use 1000-3000 rounds in any given day, but i bring 6000 just to make sure :P.

I carry spare batterys on me as well. about a litre of water (2 or 3 500ml bottles)

All that comes to about 10 kilos, so next to nothing.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dog Gammit!

I want a gun that could be used with or without gas... I know you can get a replacement bolt for VSRs and the Kar 98k but in the middle of a match if you run out of gas with a 98k itd be hard to swap a bolt haha.. I'll stick to none gas sniper rifles then haha

In that case i also recommend you to ALWAYS wear a "non-same-fuel" dependant secondary, not necesarily as a sidearm, but in a backpack, just in case (i.e. if you use a GBBR, have an AEP or a spring-powered Shotgun). wearing a buttpack or a small backpack with speedloaders (with some foam inside, you don't want to sound like a running maraca), extra gas, extra batteries, food and water... should be a requisite on everyone who wants to play for longer that 3h straight.

I, for example, use an Electric P90 when CQBing, so i have a gas powered pistol as my sidearm, and a spring powered shotgun at the back of my tactical vest. Can't reach it fast, but in case my P90 AND my sidearm "die", i still have some firepower until i find a safe place ;)

Why are people so interested in GBBRs? It seems that almost all of them are unskirmishable out of the box and require a lot of maintenance, whereas AEGs will operate with little to no problems. Why are they worth all of the hassle and high cost?

i went to a skirm yesterday and i have only used gas guns it was the most fun i had in years

its just something hard to describe the recoil the sound the intimidation (its so funny when someone yels oh *suitcase* when they hear your gun firring in their direction)

they are not that expensive (and agm cost less than than most aeg and it shoots more than 400 fps) and they don't break down like a aeg

I know that M4/M16 magazines will fit into an SKS Chicom, but I was wondering if the same was true for AK74 magazines (I assume that the curve in 7.62 magazines would be too much)? They shouldn't be much longer, if longer at all, since the real steel rounds are the same length, but I don't have a magazine to test it with, and I would prefer not to just risk it. I'm making a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. loadout, trying to pick the gear and gun for that, an old surplus chest rig and belt kit with a couple general purpose pouches and possibly a backpack seem best, so I don't want to just get a molle rig even if it would be the simplest solution.

your best bet is picking up an AK47 chicom

Is the recoil comparable with a 22lr cartridge?

its about twice as much if not more

with a .22 you don't have any moving parts (except the bullet) with the agm there is the entire bolt assembly that move 15 cm back

but on full auto its more like a vibration than a kick

its about twice as much if not more

with a .22 you don't have any moving parts (except the bullet) with the agm there is the entire bolt assembly that move 15 cm back

but on full auto its more like a vibration than a kick

WHAT? A GBB M4 compared to a .22LR M4 are totally different. .22LR has way more.

• 2 weeks later...
And you need to be aware that your available attachment space is limited, for the whole of your forum profile. It's better to link to images hosted elsewhere than upload them to Arnies.

To be clear, we frown on the act of "hot-linking" pictures.

Aside from stealing bandwidth from the original host of the image there's always the chance they might decide to change the image for something less pleasant if they realise their image is being hot-linked.

If you intend to link to images from other locations the correct way to do it is to start your own photobucket (or whatever) account, upload pictures to that and then link to them.

If you intend to link to images from other locations the correct way to do it is to start your own photobucket (or whatever) account, upload pictures to that and then link to them.

I think thats what he was referring too ;) But thanks for clearing it up :)

Basic maintenance after a skirmish? Clean the outside of it, if its dirty or if you can be arsed. The main one is just to clean the barrel. Its not necessarily from dirt while your skirmishing but from the BBs them selves, and the oils found on your hands that goes on the BBs then onto the barrel. and the gearbox oil especially on new AEGs, can get into the Inner barrel.

Basically, clean the barrel. Silicone spray down the barrel, and swab it out and make sure its completely clear. Thats pretty much it.

Hope this helps

---Edit---

Theres no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers ;) Its the only way you learn =D

basic care of an aeg what should you do when you get home from a skirmish? also big no nos when playing with an aeg like blank fireing?

I'd say the best way to care for your guns (regardless of the situation) is to never do unnecessary work on them.

A real firearm is designed to be field-stripped for cleaning.

It's incredibly rare for this to be the case with an airsoft gun, particularly an electric one.

If your gun can be field-stripped to some extent (I'm thinking of guns such as the P90, ICS M4, G&G L85 etc) then make use of that facility to do stuff like remove the inner barrel and swab it through to clean it

If there's no means of field-stripping your gun (like with an MP5, G3, FAMAS etc) then DO NOT go to the trouble of dismantling the gun just to clean it.

These guns are not designed particularly well and often rely on self-tapping screws (often screwed into plastic) to hold them together and you'll do much more damage by constantly taking the gun apart than a bit of dirt or rain water ever will.

As for dry-firing, unless you plan on spending hours dry-firing your gun it's not a big deal.

Storing an AEG after a game:

Remove the magazine. Also remove all BBs from real/low/mid cap magazines and release the spring tention in clockwork mags (turn upside down and pull the tab, it will make a loud spinning noise as the spring decompresses)

Shoot a few shots on semi to decompress the spring and to clear the gun of BBs. The way i do this is to "snatch" the trigger untill it fires, then i am fairly sure that the gears have not spun so far to recompress the spring,

Remove the battery,

Clean the barrel. Firstly turn the hop all the way off so you don't damage it. As said before by others a little silicone spray down the barrel then use your cleaning rod and some strong absorbant paper or similar (kitchen towel, sponge, leather cleaning strips and so on)

I have the problem of insects living in the oils of my guns. Due to living with my dad still i have to obey his rules and put my guns in the loft when not in use. To get around this problem i put them in plastic bags, AEGs often require bin bags to fit.

Setting an AEG up for a game:

You may want to clean the barrel again if you think its nessery,

Put in a battery,

Put BBs in the mag and put the mag in the gun,

Go shoot stuff.*

Other than that you shouldn't do anything unless the gun is not preforming properly and requires repair, or if you really do need more FPS or upgrades. When you repair/upgrade it should be opened as few times as possible and then not opened again until more repairs are needed.

GBBs after game:

Remove magazine.

Clear the Barrel of BBs.(you can shoot one shot with an empty mag to clear the barrel)

Field strip the gun. You will find the details for field stripping in the manual, if you dont, then you shouldn't strip it (normally NBBs you wouldn't strip them)

Take kitchen paper or similar and wipe around the inside of the gun as field stripped. Pay piticular attention to the rails that parts move on. Doing this removes the oil,grease and the dirt stuck to it,

Replace the oil and grease,

Clean the barrel as above,

Re-assemble.

I again must store my GBBs in plastic bags, you may not require this.

Setting a GBB up before a game:

Take the slide off and spray oil into it. Pay piticular attention to the rails where parts move. I go to an extreem here and put grease on the slide rails rather than oil,

Fill mags with gas and BBs,

Mag in gun,

Shoot stuff.*

*Remember to follow safezone rules for batterys and magazines.

thanks for that answer. also how do you add the picture/pictures/text to the bottom of every post you make?

Click on "My Controls" in bold towards the top of the page. Then click on "Edit my signature". Type what you want in the box and click update and it will give you a 'sig'

You will be limited to 100 by 400 pixels for the image(s) and a small ammount of text. If you go to big you get told off, politley, by the mods :).

The nozzles are different lenghts to fit the different hop units, and the selector plates are different shapes to fit the differing selector functions. The trigger is also different but that is mainly cosmetic.

There may be more but i can't think of it right now.

Archived