The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Anybody have any good examples of DIY mock shaped/door/det chord charges? I'm looking into ways to make a breacher kit look a little bit more authentic. I am already planning to buy the obligatory assault back panel and bolt cutter, but having some mock charge would be cool I think. 

I do have some general idea of the way to go but don't feel like reinventing the wheel and my google fu is letting me down...

I made a slap charge out of some cardboard, some electrical tape, a strip of double sided sticky tape and a piece of paracord after reading a guide on the internet. Probably wouldn't stand up to a lot of scrutiny/probably isn't that accurate to the real thing but it looks pretty effective

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new, and I don't know much. I've searched "battery life" and looked at gun reviews but have not found my answer. 

I've just ordered a  ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3 and 2  11.1V 1100mah Triple Cell Batteries. (I've just realised I don't know the C rating of them, and they are an offbrand from a local airsoft store). I've got a smart charger but do I have enough battery capacity for a full days out door play? How many shot does a gun get from a 1100 mah lipo battery? The gun is shipping so I can't test it, but I would like to have the batteries ready and waiting for when it does show up.

Cheers

What's a marushin m500 8mm worth today?

That's s tough question. It would depend on who is buying it. 2 or 3 years ago I would expect no less the 250 - 300 USD if it were still in good condition. You could probably still get that if you have a buyer that's specifically looking for a marushin.

The user base is much more watered down now with the Marui and APS 870s though. Maybe low 200's? Again, condition would matter for that.

Hi I'm new, and I don't know much. I've searched "battery life" and looked at gun reviews but have not found my answer. 

I've just ordered a  ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3 and 2  11.1V 1100mah Triple Cell Batteries. (I've just realised I don't know the C rating of them, and they are an offbrand from a local airsoft store). I've got a smart charger but do I have enough battery capacity for a full days out door play? How many shot does a gun get from a 1100 mah lipo battery? The gun is shipping so I can't test it, but I would like to have the batteries ready and waiting for when it does show up.

Cheers

One shot per mah seems be a rough rule of thumb. Personally 2200 mah total would be enough for a game I think. YMMV. 

I'm wondering if a real Aimpoint rubber cover (http://www.amazon.com/AIMPOINT-OUTER-RUBBER-COVER-SIGHTS/dp/B004GUH0JE) will fit on a G&P replica (specifically, this one: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-30mm-aimpoint-military-red-dot-sight.html#.VeneTxFVhBc).  I'm like 90% it will but I was wondering if anyone has tried.  I know G&P makes their own rubber cover but I like the real one for its Aimpoint trademarks.  

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived