The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Hi there guysssss

another idiot question for me. Had a google and a search but it's one of those thigns I guses. I appriciate there isn't really a "one size fits all" answer...

My main gun is a CA G36 which shoots at ~1j. It shoots pretty well and I'm happy with it BUT I can't help but feel I can get a bit more out of it as with .25s I have my hop dialled all the way.

I've heard a fair amount about "r hop" but I've also heard that it's more suited to more powerful muzzle velocities. Is this the case? If so, what is a good hop set up for a 1j gun? 

Am I right in thinking that I need a slightly harder nub so I don't have to crank my hop all the way to get the right amount of backspin?

Also does anybody have any experience with the SHS "x mod" nozzle: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/342-shs-x-mod-airsoft-performance-cnc-aluminum-ak-long-air-nozzle.aspx

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey folks looking to buy a new plate carrier in a couple days.

I can not decide on a color, I use woodland combat shirt and "bdu" bottoms.

Options are black, multiglam, coyote, and ranger green.

I want ranger green because my pouches can fit with OD and RG.

But multiglam will be effective and not this green blob roaming around the green woods.

http://www.skdtac.com/Paraclete-SOHPC-SKD-Spec-p/par.106.htm

Hey folks looking to buy a new plate carrier in a couple days.

I can not decide on a color, I use woodland combat shirt and "bdu" bottoms.

Options are black, multiglam, coyote, and ranger green.

I want ranger green because my pouches can fit with OD and RG.

But multiglam will be effective and not this green blob roaming around the green woods.

http://www.skdtac.com/Paraclete-SOHPC-SKD-Spec-p/par.106.htm

Depends on your woods really. Multicam is much less effective in European woodlands than you might expect (except in fall/winter) and in that sense you could also pick Ranger Green or Coyote. I'd personally skip black as that's a color that's nigh unfindable in nature but all other options are solid choices imho. 

I'd go for CT as I think that looks the best with most camo options, but suit yourself really. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully a Mod can help. I've been a member here since 2004. My computer logs me in automatically, so every time I come here I'm already logged in. I want to update my email address as the two linked to my account don't exist anymore. I cant update that unless I know my password. I haven't typed that in I don't know how many years. I cant go thru the forum to have a new one sent, as again, those emails don't exist.

I need a Mod to change my email to my current one so I can change my password.

Help......

• 3 weeks later...
My HK3 226R has a QR sticker on the front right of the slide. Best way to protect this from coming off from holstering/drawing from a Safariland/SERPA.

Also will it still fit a Safariland with the LAZOR grips?

Cheers.
  • 2 weeks later...
Silly question about an aug. Are the internal trigger contacts the same as on an AK47/G36 etc. I lost semi auto a while back and part of the internal contacts have snapped. Since its getting a reshell anyway (hairline crack from the rear of the cylinder), I want to do all the repairs at once.

Dumb question of the day: Where do you guys sell your gear? I have some higher end stuff but I don't know where I can sell it.(If I've posted this in the wrong area please delete and accept my apologies)

theres a sales forum here you can get access once you have enough posts.

Silly question about an aug. Are the internal trigger contacts the same as on an AK47/G36 etc. I lost semi auto a while back and part of the internal contacts have snapped. Since its getting a reshell anyway (hairline crack from the rear of the cylinder), I want to do all the repairs at once.

The V3 trigger contacts are the same for pretty much all V3 guns, the trigger will be different from an ak to an g36 to an aug. The aug trigger is very different but the plastic bits inside and the switch is the same.

Dumb question of the day: Where do you guys sell your gear? I have some higher end stuff but I don't know where I can sell it.(If I've posted this in the wrong area please delete and accept my apologies)

Arnies has a classfields section but you require 100 useful posts to access it. This rule was implemented to reduce the threat of scammers, enjoy your stay and be active and you'll get to 100 fairly quickly.
If you're just looking to shift stuff, so long as your gear is not guns/RIFs then you can sell some stuff on ebay. There is also Zero-in, although I've never been there.
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived