The "dumb question" thread

Gorf

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I own a ghk ak74 gbb and the front post is loose. By that I mean the the middle notch that you aim through is loose and moving horizontally. I dont know if I need to twist it as it has grooves on it but i already tried that and I dont have a tool that can obtain enough leverage to move it. If anyone can help thatd be great. Thanks.

I own a Crosman Pulse R72 airsoft Riflle and it keeps getting jammed when I use it for longer than about 30 minutes - every time I use it I have to wait 10-20 minutes after it starts jamming to wait for it to cool down or something. When I use it it is pretty high intensity, but it shouldn't do that should it?

Any ideas?

I own a Crosman Pulse R72 airsoft Riflle and it keeps getting jammed when I use it for longer than about 30 minutes - every time I use it I have to wait 10-20 minutes after it starts jamming to wait for it to cool down or something. When I use it it is pretty high intensity, but it shouldn't do that should it?

Any ideas?

It's a Crosman, what did you expect? :P

It's probably not designed to take a lot of abuse. Mine sure as hell wasn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one... I've seen people selling distress markers and they're really expensive. I just have no idea why anyone would want one for airsoft. Anyone care to explain?

@Toxsin: Why not paint it? Find your local Games Workshop, they sell small tubs of nearly every colour imaginable. As Dark Earth/Tan is a pretty standard colour I'm sure you'll be able to match it up.

If you paint the PEQ well in thin coats it won't look painted and it won't easily come off.

Here's my dumb question:

Is there more than one standard width for rails? I am aware that most rails are 20mm wide, but I have picked up a couple of cheap laser sights that appear to be designed for a slightly narrower rail.

Thanks...

There are hundreads of different rail systems, but the most common by far at the moment is the RIS / RAS / picatiny rail.

It is probably that the lasers you got are built with bad tolerances causing them to be too small.

There are hundreads of different rail systems, but the most common by far at the moment is the RIS / RAS / picatiny rail.

It is probably that the lasers you got are built with bad tolerances causing them to be too small.

They're off by at least 3mm, so that'd be some shockingly bad tolerances (but entirely possible). So all (or at least the vast majority) of airsoft rail systems are 20mm wide? I guess I could also have ended up with something non-airsoft as I basically found these things on street stores in Hong Kong.

They're off by at least 3mm, so that'd be some shockingly bad tolerances (but entirely possible). So all (or at least the vast majority) of airsoft rail systems are 20mm wide? I guess I could also have ended up with something non-airsoft as I basically found these things on street stores in Hong Kong.

Hmm... I just figured out what's going on. The short rail on my TM G17 is significantly wider than the rails on my AEG. They are both 20mm at the widest part, but the AEG rails are 15.5mm at the narrowest whereas the TM is 18.5mm

My Dumb Question is this.

Post count.

My post count seems to be stuck at 25. does it only rise per new thread started by myself as it doesnt change everytime i post.!!

If I remember correctly, some sections of the forum do not count towards post count... I found this when I first joined.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I got one:

How the heck do you determine a full "charge" as it pertains to a GBB magazine? Are you supposed to fill it until gas starts spraying back out at you or what?

Also, is it common for a gas pistol to expend its gas charge more rapidly if you shoot quickly?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a singular dumb question where answer feels obvious.

I used to go airsofting a fair few years back, I have an ICS MP5 with a 9.6v battery, for the last 2 years minimum it has been left ran down and with no charge. I recently charged it up and have been testing it and found it fine so far but I will be going to Bunker 51 on Monday so just wish to know is there any problem I could face from using a battery that hasn't been used in a long while.

I have a singular dumb question where answer feels obvious.

I used to go airsofting a fair few years back, I have an ICS MP5 with a 9.6v battery, for the last 2 years minimum it has been left ran down and with no charge. I recently charged it up and have been testing it and found it fine so far but I will be going to Bunker 51 on Monday so just wish to know is there any problem I could face from using a battery that hasn't been used in a long while.

It should be just fine. Scince you left it with no charge it should not have taken any damage at all. So long as its big enough (whats its MAH rating?) then it should last almost* as long when as it was new.

*batterys do age, but not sevearly.

I cant remember the MAH off top of my head but will check it when I get home.

I am almost certain I left it with no charge was when I moved so I drained the battery because I thought I would not have the chance to play ..(correctly thought so).

Archived