KMFDM is trying to Jack a Realsword SVD from me

Blade3000

You have to read the correspondence from the bottom up. KMFDM purchased a new RS SVD from me on July 9th, I shipped it via priority mail as agreed with delivery confirmation the next day and provided a tracking number. The package is presently in Swedish customs as is clearly visible in the tracking information which can be seen by cutting and pasting the tracking number below. Yesterday he filed a dispute with paypal and is holding my $728 now. This is a scam, I have done everything I was supposed to do, he is trying to get my gun and get his money back. Do not deal with this person, they lack honor.

Rating: 0KMFDM

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

Re:RS SVD, Jul 10 2009, 04:45 AM

Regular Poster

Group: Regular Poster

Member No.: 58,465

Great!

Really looking forward to getting the gun smile.gif

Thank you to (=

CP644316402US

Thanks again

Craig

Great!

Please provide the tracking number as soon as the package has been sent.

Also could you please send the package to the following address rather than my paypal address (since I don't live there anymore)?

The address to ship to:

<Personal info removed>

Regards

Niklas Lagerberg

I prefer USPS as they are gentler on handeling than UPS. I will use Priority mail w/ delievery confirmation, and can ship tomorrow.

Thanks

Craig

That sounds all fair to me. I still prefer paying via paypal.

Will you send me a moneyrequest for $728 to <removed> and I'll pay for it directly.

How and when will you ship the gun?

Regards

Niklas Lagerberg

I would do that, I accept MO, checks and paypal, however if you choose to use paypal you cover paypal fees.

Thanks

Craig

<removed>

Hello Balde3000!

The rumor has it that you've a Real Sword SVD for sale.

I'd be willing to pay $700 incl. shipping.

Kind Regards

Niklas

From Buyer - Niklas Lagerberg

7/31/2009 09:28 PDT

I paid for this Real Sword Dragunov over 3 weeks ago, and still have not received it.

Not really much more to say.

From Seller - Craig Lassiter

8/1/2009 06:28 PDT

Per our written agreement I shipped the item to Sweden on 7/6/09 the tracking number is CP644316402US if you have not received it contact the Post office don't try to screw me out of my money

8/1/2009 06:31 PDT

Per our written agreement I shipped the item to Sweden on 7/6/09 the tracking number is CP644316402US if you have not received it contact the Post office don't try to screw me out of my money

8/1/2009 06:31 PDT

In fact its in your customs now, are you sure its legal to have these in your country ?

USPS HomepageSkip Navigation Home | Help | Sign In

Track & Confirm FAQs

Track & Confirm

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: CP64 4316 402U S

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels

Service(s): International Parcels

Your item is being processed by customs. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Into Foreign Customs, July 29, 2009, 9:32 am

Bullet Arrived Abroad, July 29, 2009, 9:32 am, SWEDEN

Bullet International Dispatch, July 15, 2009, 4:52 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099

Thanks

glock21

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do (as far as I'm aware).

Because you didn't post it to the address on PayPal you have no defence. PayPal will say that the item wasn't sent to the correct sellers address and will favour them in the chargeback. Also I've heard that they don't cover insurance on RIF's but I'm not totally sure on that sorry.

Because they're in a foreign country I don't think that any kind of court or legal action can be taken, though again I'm not familiar in the law side of things.

He has your money and the gun now. I'm sorry to hear about this, it's alot of money.

I mailed it to the paypal address which is the only address you can mail to when being payed by paypal so i don't know what your talking about.

Seller Protection:

<Personal info removed>

Lack in honor, you need this clarified. If you agree to buy something and the person ships you the item you don't try and get the money back and keep the item that is dishonest and lacks honor.

Also if you don't have anything to do with the transaction please stay out of it.

Thanks

glock21

Woah, do you know this guy then? Or do you have an alternate account, and actually are the buyer/scammer in question? Because from the description, it seems like Blade3000 hasn't done anything particularly wrong, and that's a very strong reaction if you don't know the person in question...

Only thing is, perhaps Blade should've looked up the laws on RIFs in Sweden, but from what I've seen on the forums (ie. lots of Swedish members), RIFs aren't banned outright. Other than that, the seller should be the one chasing up customs to see where their RIF is and not filing a PayPal dispute to get their money back.

Woah, do you know this guy then? Or do you have an alternate account, and actually are the buyer/scammer in question? Because from the description, it seems like Blade3000 hasn't done anything particularly wrong, and that's a very strong reaction if you don't know the person in question...

Apparently brought on by the ops use of the word "they" in "they have no honor" which Rufs took as suggesting all sweden has no honor.

I mailed it to the paypal address which is the only address you can mail to when being payed by paypal so i don't know what your talking about.

I think he's talking about the part of your original post, about half way down, where the buyer says:-

Also could you please send the package to the following address rather than my paypal address (since I don't live there anymore)?

Assuming you have done everything properly, according to paypal rules, I'd suggest you phone up Paypal and ask em to clarify the situation.

The main sticking-point would be who's responsibility it is if you send a gun to a country where airsoft is illegal.

Most retailers state that it's the buyers responsibility to ensure it's legal to import the item into their country.

I suppose it might depend on whether you actually raised that point with the buyer.

Perhaps there might be some mileage in contacting the Swedish Customs people?

Explain that you sold the gun in good faith but when it was confiscated the buyer cancelled payment and see if they'll post it back to you if you pay for the postage.

Course, they might be working on the basis that you're a smuggler but it could be worth a go.

*EDIT*

Just to be clear.... the above all assumes that it IS illegal to import airsoft guns into Sweden. If it's not, please disregard.

Oh, the other thing...

All this seems to have kicked-off with a couple of weeks.

MDK Marshal recently had a GBB M4 sat in customs for nearly a month.

Assuming it's all legal, a bit of patience might have avoided all this.

I have nothing against Swedish people and this has nothing to do with nationality, please just stay out of this, we are talking about ALOT of money not some $50 transaction.

This is nothing more than jumping the gun. The item only entered customs 3 days ago for gods sake give it a few days for it to clear customs before you file a dispute, unless as I suspect this is a scam and he had the intention to pull this the moment he knew the item was in Sweden.

Thanks

glock21

According to THIS airsoft is legal in Sweden as long as the person is over 18.

Given that you're supposed to be over 18 to have a Paypal account, Paypal can't really dispute the transaction on those grounds without implicating themselves as well.

As has been said, there's really only 2 scenarios:-

1) The buyer acted in haste.

2) The buyer is trying to scam the seller.

If it's #1 then contacting the seller and asking them to cancel the dispute should work. If it's #2 then the seller needs to contact Paypal and raise the issue with them.

Personally, what I WOULDN'T do would be enter into a tit-for-tat dispute immediately.

I'd wait for the gun to clear customs and be delivered. Once that happens I can ask the buyer for payment or raise a dispute of my own.

*EDIT*

Regarding the whole "Swedish honour" thing, I think it's clear that the OP is refering to a single individual.

In English it's common for a person to use the word "They" in this context even when they (you see what I did there?) are only talking about a single person.

Stealth,

Buyer also neglected to update his paypal account to include his current address, OP stated he sent the item to the address listed in paypal though the buyer requested the item be sent to his current address. Paypal terms state items are sent to the address listed on paypal so the seller seems to be in the right technically

The seller neglected this or did not consult with the buyer regarding the two different addresses to set things straight before shipping, even knowing paypal terms.

Buyer was responsible for keeping his information up to date but it's entirely possible that the buyer did not receive the item which could have made him press the dispute button, considering the package was mailed to another address due to the buyer's carelessness.

If the package is still in customs then yes, the buyer did jump the gun or is trying to scam the seller. Buyer's fault for not keeping his information in paypal up to date and seller's fault for shipping knowing the address in paypal was old.

So even once it's delivered(provided it clears customs), it will be in some strangers hands.

Hopefully that'll just be a case of him listing his parents address or his college digs address or something.

If the buyer did move house and neglect to update his details then he's done a VERY foolish thing, given that Paypal specifically insist that sellers only post to a buyers listed address.

I suspect that, on these grounds alone, Paypal would side with the seller.

If I was the buyer I'd be asking the seller for as much proof as possible that the item has been delivered and then I'd be printing it out and nipping around to my old house to ask for my parcel.

First of all, that tracking number is not public information mind you.

Secondly, I have cancelled the claim, which you for some strange reason intiated. Why would you go and escalate it to a claim yourself?!

Thirdly, it does not take 20 days for a package to go from the US to Sweden with priority airmail. (The main reason for the dispute, that it after 3 weeks (the info about the gun arriving hadn't been updated unti the 30th) had yet to even arrive within swedish borders).

I never intended to scam you but was rather suspecting that I was the one being scammed. Also you never even told me to which address you sent the gun. I had to find that out by reading this thread...

"First of all, that tracking number is not public information mind you."

Yes in fact tracking numbers are public information, at least in this country

"Secondly, I have cancelled the claim, which you for some strange reason intiated. "

No, you filed the dispute, I escalated it to a claim because I was not going to allow you to tie up $700 of my money waiting for you to escalte it so that paypal would actually look into it. If you don't know paypal does not get involved with the dispute, rather they leave it to the buyers and sellers to work it out until the dispute is escalated to a claim.

"Why would you go and escalate it to a claim yourself?!"

I just answered that, you locked up my money when you filed a dispute, what did you think that when I was totally in the right I was going to allow someone I don't even know to dictate what I could do with my money ? And you have NOT canceled the claim

7/31/2009 PP-755-941-578 Non-receipt

Claim

Nik L $728.00 USD 8/3/2009 Being Reviewed By PayPal View

It is still in dispute, takes a simple click to resolve the matter and that does not take days to accomplish.

"Thirdly, it does not take 20 days for a package to go from the US to Sweden with priority airmail. (The main reason for the dispute, that it after 3 weeks (the info about the gun arriving hadn't been updated unti the 30th) had yet to even arrive within swedish borders)."

Obviously it does take that long as the HISTORY is in black and white at the USPS tracking system. It says again in BIG BLACK LETTERS that it left here on the 9th, was held for shipment till the 15th left the US and after that talk to your Swedish counterparts in the mail service over there.

"I never intended to scam you but was rather suspecting that I was the one being scammed. Also you never even told me to which address you sent the gun. I had to find that out by reading this "thread.

Yeah you need to get your head out of your butt when it comes to paypal, they only get involved if the seller ships to the address on record with them. It is your responsibility to go in to your profile and change your mailing address if you decide you want packages shipped elsewhere.

At this time it appears your not telling the truth about cancelling the claim and are trying to steal $700 from me.

What a complete fiasco, I am losing money left and right now as I can not use my paypal while you twiddle your thumbs trying to make a decision using a system you don't understand. Thanks alot

glock21

Matter was resolved today. My apologies for the drama, $700 is a lot of money even for me. Apparently the buyer jumped the gun and was not cognizant of the time it takes to process mail between our countries.

Thank you to the owners, admins and moderators on the board for having this system in place for members to resolve on line sales problems

Thanks again

glock21

Archived