Home made ANZAC S.A.S. chopped M14

Murdoc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this two weeks I'm hesitating to make a 30-rounds mag for it.

It's no photo about it, but if they changed the 'normal' 20-rounds one on their SLR, why not to use a custom 30-rounds one for chopped M14...

It would look good in a chicom chest rig... :rocket:

You could even just put a FAL mag in the M14. Lets face it - if they wanted a 30rnds mag in there M14 that badly (not that they would since its so damn heavy, etc.) then they would probably have just converted a FAL mag instead of butchering two M14 mags or something.

FAL 30 rounder (well, L1A2 to be exact):

63285.jpg

Only other option is to imagine that the guy with your ANZAC custom M14 also aqquired one of the very few prototype US Govt. 30 rounders. In which case you can then just put airsoft internals into the shell of an aftermarket M14 30 rounder. Which IIRC are still in production currently and don't actually sell for too much because they are widely seen as an absolute waste of time (you'd probably be doing the real steel world a favour by converting it into an airsoft magazine that may actually feed reliably).

Aftermarket M14 30 rounder:

M14%2030.jpg

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG358-36.html

Not sure how much of an influence this will be on the decision, but as I understand it some British troops found a way to use the 7.62mmN straight Bren magazines in their SLR.

Following that though, it wasn't widespread as I have been led to believe that the spring in the magazine wasn't quite strong enough to feed 30 7.62mmN rounds while effectively upside down.

No pictures to back this up, just anecdotal stories from an ex para.

I thought about total custom one... made from CYMA mags(I made a shortening so I have some stuff, and it's enough!!!):

M14-30.jpg

Sorry for bad quality...

I will repaint some damaged/modifyed parts, i'll use "burn-on" heat resistant paint(made for exhaust painting).

Good job on the magazine I like it.

Im trying to find a carving block for a new stock project. I was attached with some Seals on my last deployment in Iraq and the guy we called"Abe" had a rifle he found in a cache and he carried it with him everywhere. Im trying to build one as close as possible from memory but I cant find anywhere to get a suitable block. Anyone know of maybe an online store?

Dont mean to try and thread jack but seems like a few woodworkers might be in this thread already.

Thanks and great job ont he stock thus far. I cant wait to see everything finished up.

Wow! That's a nice build - not something you see everyday and excellent quality.

Not sure how much of an influence this will be on the decision, but as I understand it some British troops found a way to use the 7.62mmN straight Bren magazines in their SLR.

Following that though, it wasn't widespread as I have been led to believe that the spring in the magazine wasn't quite strong enough to feed 30 7.62mmN rounds while effectively upside down.

No pictures to back this up, just anecdotal stories from an ex para.

Aside from the feed spring issues the magazines from the L1A1 and Bren L4 were interchangeable. I've a picture of a Rhodesian trooper using jungle clipped SLR magazines in the L4.

How thick were the two planks you used together?

The gap was smaller than 1mm(except two holes, where I welded in two small pieces of metall).

I welded the to parts together(just on points). I used black acrylate to mask the holes etc... The acrylate was mixed with carbon-fiber-powder(I made it from a piece of carbon laminate). :geek:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived