well it finally arrived after 3 weeks in customs!

first impressions are very good - the box was in good condition and WGC had packed everything in bubble wrap too thus making sure it arrived scratch free.

external features are rock solid and the stock extends/retracts nicely and the cheek piece feels very sturdy when compared to the DBOYS one i used to have. I will swap the pistol grip for a MIAD or MOE one when i get some more money.

I have fitted a AN-PEQ15 and eotech 553 sight already and they are sturdy and finish the look nicely.

takedown is as easy as it appears on the videos on youtube and the stock plate seems okay from new - no scratches or cracks although i will be using it at the weekend and will check again. I have got some photos which i will try to upload later today or over the weekend.

the nozzle is steel and the CO2 version. i will be using this with propane though and report back next week re gas efficiency and fps in the good old UK!

So far it all looks very good and i am very happy with it.

UPDATE

okay I skirmished with it today in our lovely UK summer ie pouring rain and approx 13-15 degrees celcius and with 0.2g BB's it was doing 340fps and 299 with 0.30g BB's. The hop was okay stright out of the box and it shot much straighter and further than the WE M4 did out of the box. I think by the end of the day it was a little warmer but still in my sites limits.

I easily managed a whole mag on one charge of propane but even with the TS One mag catches fitted the bolt didn't always lock back. I can also confirm that the kick is harder than the M4, which i guess certainly contributes to the broken stock plates, although so far so good on that front after 8 mags or so. It seems to be intact still.

Also, be aware on the bolt handle when holding it as it nearly took a finger off having been used to the M4! It's a mistake you'll only make once though!

so all good still - I will be using it much more again in a couple of weeks so i'll do a more in depth review of it after that.

some photos, sorry about the quality of some of them!

DSCF3929.jpg

DSCF3930.jpg

DSCF3932.jpg

DSCF3935.jpg

DSCF3937.jpg

DSCF3938.jpg

DSCF3939.jpg

Edited by elrey
continuity
  • Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

DO real steel grips fit? You mentioned some grips, but you didn't say if they were real steel or airsoft versions.

I think I may be looking into one of these, the price is okay, I was gonna go for the AGM M4 until I read that the BBs just roll out when pointed down. My only quirk is it doesn't have a working bolt catch.

Also, do you know if the CO2 is reinforced in anyway compared to the GG/propane version, or is the only difference in the mags they bring?

Sorry, but I couldn't edit, I sent a mail to WE about the stock breakage on the co2 version, heres the reply

There's only one version of the SCAR. The stock breaking issue has been corrected by reinforcement of the part (stock plate) with thicker material & steel ribs. So you're safe to buy now & use both Co2 & green/top gas with the gun.

Kindest Regards,

WE Tactical Training International

Looks like it's safe. And I hope they don't lie about it only so sell more.

DO real steel grips fit? You mentioned some grips, but you didn't say if they were real steel or airsoft versions.

I think I may be looking into one of these, the price is okay, I was gonna go for the AGM M4 until I read that the BBs just roll out when pointed down. My only quirk is it doesn't have a working bolt catch.

Also, do you know if the CO2 is reinforced in anyway compared to the GG/propane version, or is the only difference in the mags they bring?

It has the CO2 nozzle anyway - it is just different mags and yes to the RS pistol grips.

Is your Stock Hinge Connection Plate for WE SCAR Gas Blowback Rifle(I dunno what they call it) of the mainbody breaking apart?

I hear its a common problem :\ ?

Not yet. It seems to be holding up okay but I only use propane

This is a weird question, but How well do these GBBs work being a bit dirty (mud etc)

They love it!!! :D well it worked all day with no problems anyway - unlike the owner who reallt doesn't work all that well in the rain and mud! :(

Have you tested with the Co2? I've heard that some have had their stocks broken (with the Co2)

nope and no intention of doing so either.

Where did you get a scar that shoots 340fps out of the box? I live in hong kong and all the shops hear tell me their scars are far more powerful then that. Or is that just the difference between 15 degrees and 30 degrees ambient temperatures?

WGC and yes temp can make all the difference you are talking about DOUBLE the ambient temp. Also it appears that the floating valve in the nozzle is very far forward on mine which could contribute to a lower fps, but they could all be like that so i really think it is mainly the temp.

Evike is truly something.

I had a bunch of parts fall out of my trigger assembly, at random, and Kent at Evike has sent me all replacement parts, and even contacted WE about getting certain parts in the assembly. I changed my mind about returning, and well, I hope it tunrs out ok.

I would recommend this but not to anyone who is expecting AEG like performance and reliability without having to tinker a little; which is half the fun for me and the big draw gas rifles have for me. if they do need tinkering it is a whole lot less involved than stripping a gearbox down that's for sure. it seems to be more accurate than the M4 and kicks more in the shoulder - which probably contributes to the broken hinge plates we are seeing. however, if you treat this as a consumable part, which is less than ideal i know, then i am sure you won't be disappointed.

As to WGC's customer service, i have never used it after a purchase so i could not comment on that.

I'd highly recommend it. The mods being done seems relatively cheap and not too difficult. Mines still in one piece but thats because I don't have much time to use it lately.

For anyone who fired an inokatsu GBB and the WE SCAR, how do they compare? I've been watching youtube vids on GBBRs and it looks like the inokatsu is the only GBBR that delivers the same amount of recoil as the WE SCAR. All the others look pretty.... pathetic. :whistling:

I'd highly recommend it. The mods being done seems relatively cheap and not too difficult. Mines still in one piece but thats because I don't have much time to use it lately.

For anyone who fired an inokatsu GBB and the WE SCAR, how do they compare? I've been watching youtube vids on GBBRs and it looks like the inokatsu is the only GBBR that delivers the same amount of recoil as the WE SCAR. All the others look pretty.... pathetic. :whistling:

Let the flame... BEGIN.

Update with Evike. I got the correct part, the hinge plate, and well, in case my stock button breaks, I got that too. My spare magazine also came through. Same for anyone else??

To Schaap: Not at all. Regarding the WE SCAR, no one has CS like Evike

Edited by BrooklynBorn