I love my WE SCAR-L, but it does have some issues. My hinge plate hasn't cracked (put some Mole Skin on the end of the guide rod), but my stock has completely broken. The tab on the locking mechanism broke, so I have to use it folded now. Also the internals of the stock seem to have shredded themselves, leaving me with a stock that I have to use in the shortest position possible. I am trying to have Airsoft Extreme rectify these problems, but as always their customer service is lacking.

Hope everyone is having good experiences with these replicas! They are great for the money, but not without issues.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

Yea I was thinking the NPAS but my local site doesnt like the idea of gas guns being easily adjustable in the field.

Although I wouldent call having to strip the gun down to the bolt in the middle of a game without anyone noticing being easy, let alone the dirt that would get in.

EDIT: Also on an interesting note, it appears CO2 mags sit too low in the mag well.

Firing normally I get about 1 1/2 mags to a co2 cartridge, if I hold it up against the chamber I get allmost a full 3 mags!

Edited by Reppyboyo
Yea I was thinking the NPAS but my local site doesnt like the idea of gas guns being easily adjustable in the field.

Although I wouldent call having to strip the gun down to the bolt in the middle of a game without anyone noticing being easy, let alone the dirt that would get in.

EDIT: Also on an interesting note, it appears CO2 mags sit too low in the mag well.

Firing normally I get about 1 1/2 mags to a co2 cartridge, if I hold it up against the chamber I get allmost a full 3 mags!

That is interesting- I have the same problem with my mags not sitting firmly enough up against the brass blowback chamber. I also have to hold the mag firmly up. However, it happens with my propane and CO2 mags which are not new since I use them with am WE M4 which I've had since March this year. The new (propane) mag that came with the Scar is OK but only because its lip is new - after a which it goes down a bit (with frequent usage) but should still provide a good seal (against the brass blowback chamber) as it does on the WE M4.

I had to mod my mags by increasing overall mag height by about 1mm to get then to firmly seal with the blowback chamber but even then it's not 100% all the time. I'm really a bit cheesed off about this. I think the lower receiver is out by about 1mm. I want to get another lower receiver from someone else's Scar to check this out since it seems this is not a common issue.

Edited by bbstriker

NPAS systems are not that easy to adjust as it requires a strip down judging by the videos. the various ICS split gearbox and system PTWs are much, much easier.

That is interesting- I have the same problem with my mags not sitting firmly enough up against the brass blowback chamber. I also have to hold the mag firmly up. However, it happens with my propane and CO2 mags which are not new since I use them with am WE M4 which I've had since March this year. The new (propane) mag that came with the Scar is OK but only because its lip is new - after a which it goes down a bit (with frequent usage) but should still provide a good seal (against the brass blowback chamber) as it does on the WE M4.

I had to mod my mags by increasing overall mag height by about 1mm to get then to firmly seal with the blowback chamber but even then it's not 100% all the time. I'm really a bit cheesed off about this. I think the lower receiver is out by about 1mm. I want to get another lower receiver from someone else's Scar to check this out since it seems this is not a common issue.

I didnt notice this with my gas mag, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have the same issue.

Im also going to be looking to stick something in the mag to raise it slightly.

For those of us with gas and co2 mags, could you please check your seals on both and report back?

Its been noticed that the seal on the co2 mags seem 2-3mm shorter than the gas mag, resulting in a bad seal and obviously bad efficiency.

dsc00677zq.th.jpg

dsc00678x.th.jpg

Co2 on left, Gas on right.

Co2 mag wobbles a fair bit on the well, gas does not.

Not sure if this is a manufacturing defect or if the co2 is badly degrading the seals.

Preformance wise the FPS was around 340 +-5 (green gas), and the accuracy and range was slightly better than my King Arms "MRF-RX Troy" M4, using .38 gram BBs.

I chrono'd mines at an average of 460 fps with 0.20g bbs the other day. Green Gas.

I chrono'd mines at an average of 460 fps with 0.20g bbs the other day. Green Gas.

In the UK, locally supplied WE SCAR rifles tend to come with the low-flow valve (in the steel nozzle) designed to provide approx 330 fps. If someone is is getting 460fps, then you very likely will have a high-flow valve.

Edited by bbstriker
For those of us with gas and co2 mags, could you please check your seals on both and report back?

Its been noticed that the seal on the co2 mags seem 2-3mm shorter than the gas mag, resulting in a bad seal and obviously bad efficiency.

dsc00677zq.th.jpg

dsc00678x.th.jpg

Co2 on left, Gas on right.

Co2 mag wobbles a fair bit on the well, gas does not.

Not sure if this is a manufacturing defect or if the co2 is badly degrading the seals.

OK. I have the same issue but only withy the SCAR. My Propane and CO2 mags work fine on my WE M4.

I read on another forum about someone using three layers of insulating tape placed on brass tube. I've now tried this and it does work. I'm seeing a new rifle emerge.

You need to (absolutely) ensure you eliminate any oil/grease form the brass tube area so that the tape will stick firmly and also position it so that the bold carrier does not knock in the the extra 1 to 1.3 mm extra height the tape introduces.

I'm thinking about using cycle rubber tube repair patch to replace the tape- maybe a more permanent work-around. However if WE simply increased the mag lip height by about 2mm, then this would work and still remain compatible with the WE M4 rifle.

Edited by bbstriker

Got this email from WE:

The SCAR magazine part #133 is a tiny bit higher than the same part on the M4 mag. This allow for a better gas seal in the SCAR's internals. The M4 mag, of course, can still be used in the SCAR, but the gas seal may not be as tight. The raise the #133 is very easy, all one has to do is to fit a small O-ring under it (you can see this o-ring if you take loosen & take off part#132.

Kindest Regards,

WE Tactical Training International

Seems a simple o-ring fixes it.

Also read the insulation tape fix on Zero One, also seems a good solution.

Still, wonder why there isnt any Scar specific mags if they are different?

Got this email from WE:

Seems a simple o-ring fixes it.

Also read the insulation tape fix on Zero One, also seems a good solution.

Still, wonder why there isnt any Scar specific mags if they are different?

I did fit an O-Ring as described- it was the very first thing I did but it got blown into the blowback chamber! I then looked at alternate solutions.

It may be that I didn't use the right size but I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has had a good result with the O-ring- then perhaps they can share the exact size used.

I found this vid of a close-up of the Civi-SCAR.

Alot of the details are really different on the WE SCAR. Like how the front sights flip and the lacking of that little flip thing in the rear sights. I just thought that was interesting.

My part 66 (thing that makes the firing pin retract) broke of (just like everyone else) after about 2 full days of skirmishing.

I milled a replacement, yet reinforced version, of the part.

So far, it seems to work great, and I don't think it's going to fail anytime soon.

I know there is a replacement (and reinforced) part available, but I'd rather put my money on milled steel than cast iron..

seems like there are various versions of this gun (like the WE M4), how would I know which version I am getting if say I got one in the upcoming week?

Also, is it true that the real steel SCAR doesn't come in black? Kinda weird if I got the tan since I live in the asia pacific region. No desert heh

if you buy one from airsoft buddy, its not something you have to worry about.

Oh, Airsoft Buddy and online retailers are not an option. Over here we can't import our own airsoft guns. Have to go through local retail shops. Just wondering if there are still old versions floating around in the market or are what's out there basically the new ones...