The FAMAS is craptastic for anything but CQB unless a tremendous amount of labour is poured into it. Exactly my point as to why its curious that the FAMAS can outshoot this gun.

60 metres is just shy of 200ft. I'd say that's a good upward ceiling for most good AEG's. 70 metres, I admit, would be pushing it. However, that's irrelevant. If you want to continue picking at straws, go ahead. I'm not going to argue with Portugal's #1 airsoft grandmaster, that would be foolish of me.

The only reason I wrote that post was to give a perspective from someone who isn't trying to justify his own purchase. I've owned and worked on more guns than I care to remember, I, and all my customers seem to trust my opinion. It is in my opinion that the gun has disappointing performance relative to the barrel length, velocity, and hype. Your ad hominem responses are trivial at best.

Yeah ... too bad i'm never going to be as hot as the #1 airsoft weapon designer of the good ol' US of A :wide-eyed:

Anyway back on topic and actual conversation. Does anyone have a good picture of the SCAR bolt carrier ?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

been reading threw all this review taken an hour lol

me and a friend are thinking about getting a scar each to use down at ucap which is CQB, with the idea of being more tactical lol

but i just wana know what one to get co2 or the gas? for the great british weather which is better?

i have just started to use propane in my pistols so id use that in the scar.

me and a friend are thinking about getting a scar each to use down at ucap which is CQB, with the idea of being more tactical lol

but i just wana know what one to get co2 or the gas? for the great british weather which is better?

The gas type. Although Co2 does better in the freezing cold, the advantages of using propane (price, convenience,) outweigh it.

-#1 airsoft weapon designer of the good ol' US of A

The gas type. Although Co2 does better in the freezing cold, the advantages of using propane (price, convenience,) outweigh it.

-#1 airsoft weapon designer of the good ol' US of A

Propane in cold UK winter (and for most of the year) weather is useless. CO2 is the only way you'll get consistent performance from a GBB in UK weather- sure warm/hot days before nightfall it's OK but that's far too variable. The advantages of Propane (i.e.price and convenience) do not outweigh the disadvantages of propane use in the UK. In Florida, yes I can see that Propane advantages operate there in day and night time.

I have three WE GBB rifles- CO2 all the way is the way to avoid disappointment. When using CO2 in warmer weather, you will need Gas/ FPS adjustment such as the NPAS kit. When I skirmished with propane I needed to check the weather and temp to decide between AEG or GBB, with CO2 I do not need to check except for perhaps in extremis where I'd adjust the FPS but still deploy with GBB rifle. My aim is to skirmish all year round with GBB for all the MILSIM training and mission/weekend events I attend- only CO2 enables this.

Also, in the case of WE GBB Weapons, you only use 30 round mags- i.e. MILSIM style of play in which case you will not be spending all day changing CO2 mags. One CO2 cylinder works for 60 rounds- i.e. two mag fills of BBs.

Edited by bbstriker
Didnt you have alot of problems with the Co2 mags tho? hows that going for you now...

also do you have any pictures of how the Co2 fits in the mag please?

we will only be using them inside dark tunnels in the evening :)

Had problems with Propane mags- one exploded! Others leaked but ,managed to sort out eventually.

The CO2 mags may leak if you don't introduce silicone oil and leave them empty- secret is to keep them lubed (introduced at CO2 gas port inside mag and at release valve) and charged with CO2. Even if they leak, it's during intiall capsule insertion- a few shots will sort it out. On the whole WE CO2 mags are more reliable- I haven't had to strip them down like the propane mags.

Standard 12g CO2 capsule fits in the mag- inserted from bottom and totally concealed and self sufficient. If you're in tunnels it'll be pretty cold and you'll be unhappy with propane. CO2 should be fine. I'd suggest keeping mags near to person as much as possible to give some heat but not essential.

Edited by bbstriker

I own a SCAR which is running off of CO2 which works fine on semi auto at temps below freezing however at that low temp cool down affected the gun slightly.

Few things to remember with playing CQB and using these GBBR:

1. Unless the site is restricted to semi-auto only you will find yourself to a disadvantage

2. 30 round magazines vs high cap magazines playing style needs to be altered limited amount of suppressing fire per mag

3. Weight of the magazines these arent the heaviest GBB magazines but they arent lightweight

4. The number of magazines you may require and the attached price around 30 pounds each

5. Cool down the gas still needs to expand this can cause you to change mags early. Half empty mags should be replaced into a pouch if possible to reach ambient temps and the remainder used.

6. Check with your site before hand regarding rules surrounding GBBRs and CO2. You WILL require a NPAS system (RA-Tech) however even with this installed some sites still refuse the use of these weapons as they can be easily opened and adjusted to a high FPS.

7. Not a huge point but this is a loud RIF inproves realism but if you are working through a series of rooms they will know you are coming!

Gents,

Been looking at this bugger for a while as a possible CQB weapon.

I want a rifle sized weapon with blowback.

I've been down the external air route, having 4 SP M16s and a host of other classics including an Asahi M60E1 SDX which I miss to this day but it just didn't work for me so I want GIM

An NPAS will be mandatory for me because our CQB limits are sub 300 w/.25 for semi and sub 250 w/.25 for full auto. Insurance company's rules, *shrug*.

Was looking on evike and saw 2 NPASs/NPASes for the SCAR:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32114

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32247

What is the difference?

FYI, I will be running green/propane at all times.

What parts need to be replaced out of box?

I will admit being a bit scared, hearing reports of so many broken weapons and want to make sure I have a durable weapon.

If anyone has comparable suggestions for a GBB CQB rifle please feel free to PM me to discuss so we don't clog the thread.

Also you must remember that Co2 is still a liquid gas prone to cooldown. Nothing works exactly as it should in the freezing cold, with the exception of HPA, and even that doesn't function as it should below 0 degrees.

If you do so much winter skirmishing that it justifies the cost of Co2 caplets and Co2 magazines, then go for Co2, however, if you play airsoft primarily in the warmer months, it might be worth it to switch to an AEG for the winter months, as the price of Co2 and Co2 mags adds up rather quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Awwwww man. I was exited to get the SCAR as my first GBB rifle, but now that ive read all this, im really sad :(

I don't know if I should get it or not with all the problems ive read about. I really want it though. Im not getting a peice of ###### M16/M4 platform.

You have got to be kidding? Can you name an airsoft weapon without problems?

The WE SCAR GBB is probably the most reliable of the GBBs out there. Of course you will have problems. Personally I have two WE SCAR GBB ( TAN and Black versions) and nothing has broken on them.

Don't forget that these threads are, after initial reviews, usually for people to discuss issues and poor experiences in the main. It's a good thing to hear the issues as it helps new buyers to know what to expect.

Edited by bbstriker

Personally I had nothing but problems with my own, fix one thing only for something else to fail 100 rounds later.

Eventually sold it.

Wouldn't honestly recommend it till the issues are sorted and they get their act together with spare parts supply.

I do miss the feel and sound of it though.