WE should have used NLS on the magazines to help prevent liquid popellant from being expelled from the mag...

I just confirmed with a fellow user that the hop effect increases as the magazine cools down.

As I have only one magazine, I shoot....reload...shoot...reload....shoot in a short amount of time.

I am aware about silicone and the hop bucking.

I am not complaining about accuracy. The hop setting is a constant and the barrel does not move. Accuracy from this system stems from the consistency of the power output (cooling down means lower FPS...as a result, the hop setting begins to be too high due to t loss of power).

I never had issues with my G&P WOC M4 CQBR with regard to accuracy after opting to get WA magazines instead of going with the GHK magazines (which spewed liquid propellant everywhere).

Part #117 looks to be like a screw for the base plate of the magazine on the SCAR.

Thanks for your input!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

Ive put roughly 2000 rounds through the gun using propane. Temps have been in the 40's and in the 50's (with the sun out). So far, I have only had the issue of the brass cylinder bending up. I have since addressed it.

I found wear marks on the larger but thinner o-ring on the nozzle.

Will someone please confirm that the measurement for that oring is 1mm X10mm (cross section by inner diameter) ?

I attached a G&P 4x28mm ACOG replica today and watched my bbs closely. The guns accuracy is okay...its not super accurate at longer distances (150ft+) but is decent.

I have since ordered a Bomber Light Weight Carrier for the WE SCAR, RA-Tech NPAS with part #64, and 3 spare WE SCAR tan magazines.

Yes, the ~2000 rounds I have put through the gun has been with the factory mag the gun came with.

Hop up is stock. No modifications done. Part #66 is still in tact.

Recoil is good enough. its the blowback action that I'm after more than anything.

I actually got a Bomber Light Weight Bolt Carrier and an RA-Tech NPAS in mine. I now have lesser recoil but a snappier action on my bolt. I also got an increase in rate of fire.

Funny thing about airsoft is that people want/expect more recoil out of these airsoft guns where as with RS, less recoil is better...

Range is actually comparable to my TM Desert Warrior 4.3 GBB. In terms of range...nothing special, but definitely skirmish worthy.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got to handle an fire a WE SCAR today. I'm surprised the recoil wasn't as hard as I expected, and kind of disappointed. Anybody else disappointed in the recoil?

I have 6 co2 magazines and four green gas (propane) magazines and i can tell the difference just from the change in force from the recoil.

IMO the CO2 has a much harder recoil

Valve Striker Plate is cracked on mine

Trigger housing has a cracked area

Hammer has a worn out part

All these after approximately 4000 rounds with green gas.

on a side note, if you guys have accuracy issues...its most likely because the BBs that shoot out from the barrel are marred/scuffed/scratched from the loading action of the gun...

I have used Bioval .27g BB MAX (the clear ones) and those shot AWESOME!!! Its a night and day difference between shooting those compared to using regular plastic BBs...

on a side note, if you guys have accuracy issues...its most likely because the BBs that shoot out from the barrel are marred/scuffed/scratched from the loading action of the gun...

I have used Bioval .27g BB MAX (the clear ones) and those shot AWESOME!!! Its a night and day difference between shooting those compared to using regular plastic BBs...

I found this exact situation to be true as well. The .27s produced a substantial improvement in accuracy because they were not getting little shavings taken off like the others, including the Bioval .30s. I tested four different BBs: TSD .20s, Air Venturi .20s, Bioval .27s & Bioval .30s

Here is a link to the review for reference: SCAR Review

I actually impressed by the recoil.

Edited by The9thTemplar
  • 3 weeks later...

Still thinking about picking one of these up (too much Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising).

Has the latest version fixed all the issues? Who's stocking it in the UK?

How are people finding them?

Ben.

Contact Mark from TQM, he doesn't have it in stock but will get for sure if you give him a call. You won't get a better service from anywhere.

Edited by danielsilva

I sent him an e-mail yesterday, but no response as of yet.

Couple of Q.'s

1./ How do you sling yours, people? Makes and models of sling please.

2./ Mags.

My WE M16A3's magazine leaked indoors. This was not ideal.

Worringly, I read the SCAR has some issue accepting M4 mags - something to do with a missing O-ring?

Where can I buy tan SCAR specific green gas magazines? Any in the UK?

Ben.

I sent him an e-mail yesterday, but no response as of yet.

Couple of Q.'s

1./ How do you sling yours, people? Makes and models of sling please.

2./ Mags.

My WE M16A3's magazine leaked indoors. This was not ideal.

Worringly, I read the SCAR has some issue accepting M4 mags - something to do with a missing O-ring?

Where can I buy tan SCAR specific green gas magazines? Any in the UK?

Ben.

Again ask Mark, he said he had propane mags already coming his way.

Ok, one more for you.

Will this;

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=488

Do as good a job as the RA Tech NPAS w/ guide rod?

Ben.

I gave up on power adjusters like the NPAS a long time ago, they kept resetting themselves so now i just manually adjust the power. Never tried that product specifically but a good rule of thumb is, if it's made from TSC ... just stay away from it.

Really?

Ok, I'll try and see if I can get hold of the RA-Tech version.

Thinking of ordering a Stinger HOP as well. Not sure whether it'll make much difference. What rubber would I need for something like that?

Ben.

Edited by L4byr1nth

Really?

Ok, I'll try and see if I can get hold of the RA-Tech version.

Thinking of ordering a Stinger HOP as well. Not sure whether it'll make much difference. What rubber would I need for something like that?

Ben.

If you want to install all those items, I think it would be best to order This one

I have the best result with my Stinger HU with the rubber spacer + paper shim

Ok, double post, but what the heck.

Has anyone got an e-mail address for Mark from TQM?

I've tried contacting him through the site twice now, with no response. Not sure if he's on holiday or summat, but I need a WE SCAR :(

Ben.

Ok, double post, but what the heck.

Has anyone got an e-mail address for Mark from TQM?

I've tried contacting him through the site twice now, with no response. Not sure if he's on holiday or summat, but I need a WE SCAR :(

Ben.

Mark's email is the same that is listed on the website, enquiries(at)tacticalquartermaster.co.uk . It's weird he hasn't been responding to you, i've been speaking with him through mail this past days and he always responds to my mails the next day ? :/

I have heard back from him now.

He has one tan SCAR, and has said he would be prepared to hold this for me if I was to get UKARA reg'd.

The trouble is, I don't want to get reg'd. My site owner normally vouches for me, and that's surely a skirmishers defence!

Anyhow, I'm determined to get hold of one.

Ben.

I have heard back from him now.

He has one tan SCAR, and has said he would be prepared to hold this for me if I was to get UKARA reg'd.

The trouble is, I don't want to get reg'd. My site owner normally vouches for me, and that's surely a skirmishers defence!

Anyhow, I'm determined to get hold of one.

Ben.

Don't mind me asking this, but what's wrong being registered in the UKARA ? Just being genuinely curious :D