• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant find HK on google, could you post a link please?

it seems that the nozzle and the rod are glued. what can be the safest way to unscrew this?   thanks in advance

Is the buffer you speak anything like this ?  

Posted Images

My SCAR just arrived :lol: Good ol' UPS.

A few observations;

The gun is shorter than I thought it would be - it's more M4 size, and is very nice to hold/shoulder.

The foregrip rails are very uncomfortable to grip - a VFG or rail covers are pretty much necessary.

Selector does not lock into place in the 'S' position?

Mag is great so far, does not leak at all, even inside.

Magazine release is odd - it sort of clicks the mag loose. I think it's catching on the retention lip of the magazine itself?

LOUD. Louder than my old WE M16A3.

DSC_0003-8.jpg

Ben.

Ok, I can't edit, so here's a double post.

I like the manual. My WE M16A3 came with just a photocopy, which was a bit naff, and not very clear.

This is a nice glossy job, with full takedown and explosion.

My M16, however, came with a small, clear pistol speedloader, with a special attachment which made loading the mags a lot easier.

I did not receive this with my SCAR. Anyone got a spare?

Ben.

Edited by L4byr1nth

I have been following this thread with interest since the begining & was rapidly approaching a point where i was happy with the reports about the weapon.However,one thing has always made me reluctant to buy the weapon & that is the Brass cylinder that is on show through the open ejection port.

Now that WE seem to be releasing the PDW with an open bolt i rackon that will do the same thing with the rest of the models they sell so i'm going to wait to see if they rework the SCAR to have an open bolt as well.In my opinion that would make the gun even more realistic & worth having even more.

Not sure - maybe they will? Haven't heard anything about it.

To be honest, I don't even notice the brass anymore.

The bolt isn't open for very long at all. When you're firing, it almost looks like you're ejecting shells, it's that quick.

Also, remember, as you're shooting it, you won't be able to see it anyway... Unless you're a dirty left-hander :bleh:

Ben.

I just think it looks cooler.It doesn't matter if i can see or not,once you've got past the functioning of the gun i hope people think it's as cool as i do.It's also one step closer to realism.

Not sure i'd want to be so real it was ejecting shells {but that would be good for training purposes for some}but now they could work on the gun being more gas efficient.

If they release the open bolt SCAR i'll part with the cash.

Also, the gun *is* pretty gas efficient.. I can get two and half mags out of one fill, when used in the correct manner (mostly semi, with some small bursts maybe?).

Ben.

I'm having pretty similar results with my mags. I took my scar out to the echo1 appreciation day where they had a e1 minigun and some other pretty sweet guns, but everyone wanted to know about my scar. It will definitely get you noticed when you're out on the field.

@rolling-thunder: Check out the video on my blog (link below) that features james chan talking about the open bolt system. At the very end, he mentions that they will have the open bolt system for all their existing platforms, which would include the scar. So you're covered.

http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair.com/2010/04/new-revolutionary-we-gbbr-open-bolt.html

I know it would seem a big petty but the whole idea of GBB is one of realism.I reckon that 75% of the time in the UK the outdoor use of a Gas gun would be a waste of time.While i appreciate the inclusion of 2 magazines with the PDW they would only get used for plinking.What i really want is CO2 mags.I understand it means downgrading the guns firepower but i can't fail to be impressed with the gun in the first place.An open bolt system on top would be like the Cherry on the Cake!

Great Video thanks,i hadn't actually seen that one but now i'm subscribed.

Edited by rolling-thunder

I know it would seem a big petty but the whole idea of GBB is one of realism.I reckon that 75% of the time in the UK the outdoor use of a Gas gun would be a waste of time.While i appreciate the inclusion of 2 magazines with the PDW they would only get used for plinking.What i really want is CO2 mags.I understand it means downgrading the guns firepower but i can't fail to be impressed with the gun in the first place.An open bolt system on top would be like the Cherry on the Cake!

Great Video thanks,i hadn't actually seen that one but now i'm subscribed.

A GBB pistol behaves very different than a GBB rifle, although trying to play in cold weather with a gas pistol might be a bit of a challenge, i've played with both my WE's and KJW GBBR's in temperatures below zero with no problems at all.

So unless you move/live waaaay up north, the UK weather shouldn't be such a problem for you.

Don't recommend using CO2 with the SCAR, at least until there is a complete steel/reinforced trigger set available.

Guys I have the WA system M4, and well have not used it outside as all the WA Mags are ###### poor, I have 5 at home, that Would have leaked all their Gas while sitting in my vest, waiting to be used at a game.

I like the Idea & I like the SCAR, whats the mags like

The SCAR mags are (almost) the same as the M4 mags. So I can tell you that before it was hit or miss. I bought "SCAR" mags for my WE M4, got the Oring out of the top and use them without problem or leaks (I've got 5 of them in the meanwhile) My original mag though is leaky as hell and even after extensive use of lithium grease, it keeps leaking... Great for spare parts though

The SCAR mags are (almost) the same as the M4 mags. So I can tell you that before it was hit or miss. I bought "SCAR" mags for my WE M4, got the Oring out of the top and use them without problem or leaks (I've got 5 of them in the meanwhile) My original mag though is leaky as hell and even after extensive use of lithium grease, it keeps leaking... Great for spare parts though

Thanks for the honest reply. That puts me off straight away, Leaking mags, surely they can make a mag that does not leak, I mean, its not like its made from lightweight, fine materials, and are small light weight objects ie the size of a match box, they are bloody great big, .75kg lumps of metal that can't hold what lynx's cans have held for years GAS.

What about the CO2 mags, do they also leak?

Everything with a seal can leak.

I got one of those. Tried everything mentioned in the WE forum but still it won't stop. Gonna send it back to the shop for replacement. Also have problems with the nozzle rod. It was wobbling in the guide and got scratched so the cycle didn't go smooth. Tried to polish it, didn't really help. Materials on these guns suck sometimes including the mags. If they would work more carefully things like things wouldn't happen.

If you are so concerned about leaking mags you better stick with AEGs. You never know when it will happen. Can be when it's brand new or when you play for a year. Gas Mags are better than their reputation, otherwise GBBs wouldn't be so popular. Every problem can be exaggerated.

Thanks for the honest reply. That puts me off straight away, Leaking mags, surely they can make a mag that does not leak, I mean, its not like its made from lightweight, fine materials, and are small light weight objects ie the size of a match box, they are bloody great big, .75kg lumps of metal that can't hold what lynx's cans have held for years GAS.

What about the CO2 mags, do they also leak?

Euh don't get me wrong, I have 5 GG mags that don't leak and never had... And maybe if I change the rubber Oring between the gasket and his lid, it would change something...

Maybe I had to mention that my M4 is a gen 1 so the mag is a gen 1 aswell. I've noticed a great differnce between the "gen1" and the "gen2" mags.

Same thing with my FIRST Co2 mag I bought, it's leaky as hell but my two new mag's are very nice with no leaks allthough I don't use them much.

I think that when you buy a SCAR or M4 you'll get a second gen mag.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a little something with my SCAR - a bit of a niggle, really.

The bolt lock doesn't seem to activate unless you lean the gun over to the right slightly?

The catch sometimes won't lock back on an empty mag unless you do this. If you dry-fire on an empty mag, sometimes it'll catch, sometimes it won't.

A few times, the rifle has been leaned over to the left with the bolt locked to the rear, and the bolt catch activates on its own.

It's almost like a spring isn't strong enough somewhere in the bolt catch mech.

Any ideas?

Ben.

I'm sure it's when you're screwing it on.

Tactical Quartermaster has Open Bolt Conversion parts for SCAR magazines.

Ben.

EDIT:: No-one got any thoughts on the bolt catch problem above?

Also, how about this for an upgrade path - anything I need that I'm missing?

Bomber Lightweight CNC Aluminium Bolt

RA Tech NPAS Nozzle & Stainless Rod Housing

RA Tech Stinger HOP Up Kit

RA Tech Precision Tightbore Barrel

RA Tech Reinforced Firing Pin Base And Valve Locker

EDIT2:: I forgot - 5 WE M4 Part 37 O-rings for the spare mags I'm buying.

Interestingly, I've been having an e-mail argument with Airsoft Buddy.

They say that they are the ultimate authority on WE parts and magazines, and that there is no difference between M4 and SCAR mags apart from the colour.

I argued that a forum member has e-mail proof from WE themselves that there is an extra o-ring on SCAR mags, and that it's common knowledge you'll get reduced performance from a stock WE M4 magazine when using it in a WE SCAR.

They said that was rubbish, and that they're identical, to which I replied "have you tested the FPS of a M4 mag and a SCAR mag through the SCAR?".

No answer as of yet.

Edited by L4byr1nth

Euh don't get me wrong, I have 5 GG mags that don't leak and never had... And maybe if I change the rubber Oring between the gasket and his lid, it would change something...

Maybe I had to mention that my M4 is a gen 1 so the mag is a gen 1 aswell. I've noticed a great differnce between the "gen1" and the "gen2" mags.

Same thing with my FIRST Co2 mag I bought, it's leaky as hell but my two new mag's are very nice with no leaks allthough I don't use them much.

I think that when you buy a SCAR or M4 you'll get a second gen mag.

I just bought 7 CO2 mags, none of them leaked. I have 5 Green Gas mags, all of them are leak free. All green gas mags are easy to fix as there are only three main possible leak points:

1) Top Valve:

a) Remove valve

B) Lubricate the orings

1.a) The black square beneath the feeding lips is also prone to leak, just remove the feeding lip assembly and with some square hard tool give some whacks on the the little square until the leak stops.

2) Bottom valve

a) PTFE/Teflon tape does wonders, wrap the valve in PTFE tape, lub the oring and put the o-ring OVER the ptfe tape.

3) The back "spine"

This one is a bit tricky but follow these steps and it's guaranteed to work.

1) Remove everything, lub the "o-ring" with a cold resistant grease

2) Put everything back

3) ONLY screw the first and last screws, tighten them as tightly as possible ( don't apply tooo much pressure or the screws will break, i already broke 2 :D )

4) Now put the two middle screws and apply just enough force until you feel some resistance when tightening it.

This is very important, DO NOT apply the same force on all the 4 screws! Since the back spine is arched down, if the two middle screws are too tighten it will arch the spine up on the both ends which will off course result in leaks.

Edited by danielsilva